To All Experienced Rollersetters

Isis

Do you usually comb out your rollersets or leave it as is?

All of this time, I've been rollersetting to airdry, then immediately braiding my airdried hair for a braidout or I put it up in a bun or updo. It has worked very well for me. I'm wondering if any of you take out your rollers, fluff or fingerstyle your hair and just wear it without combing. I know Sylver2 is having success with her scarf method and not combing her hair (I'm loving this method!). I mean those of you who have been rollersetting, do any of you just leave your hair alone after removing the rollers? If so, wouldn't this be in the same non-manipulating category as a braidout or twistout?

asubeauty

I usually take my rollers out and wrap my hair, but sometimes I do just remove the rollers, separate the curls with my fingers, and put on a headband. If the curls fall too much, I just wrap my hair again.

shellzfoshizzle

I comb my rollersets out after I put some oil all over my hair. My hair is too thin and damanged around the edges to just take the hair rollers out and go (not combing). My rollersets look best the day after !

luvSLave

I actually only comb my hair on wash days. After a rollerset I separate the curls with my fingers and arrange them into an updo. In the evening I take down to moisturize, cover and repeat until the next wash. For me this requires less manipulation than a braidout because I don't have to re-do the set each night as I do when I wear a braidout.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
when i rollerset, i finger style my curls by separating them into three for a curly look. If I want a straighter/sleeker look, I will just comb my curls around my head (wrap it), and tie a scarf around it. If you leave the rollers alone, I believe that would be in the non-manipulation category. My mom used to do this to my hair in middle. She would not let me comb out the curls after removing the rollers and I hated it. But when I started wearing my hair down in highschool, I loved her for doing that because my hair grew so much from not manipulating it. But I don't see a problem with combing the curls out or finger styling them. ;)

VelvetRain

I can't comb my hair after a rollerset because I will get serious breakage. I finger comb while blowdrying with a dryer to loosen the curl. I throw my hair in a loose ponytail if I am going to bed or just throw a headband on.

L

lkg4healthyhair

When I wash my hair at home (always airdry). I will sometimes put in rollers, airdry, take out the rollers and take each section & add NTM leave-in & Shine serum and massage WGO in my roots, this gets rid of the lines, if I am going outside I will leave like this --if I am going to bed I may put in a few pin curls or put in large roller on top of my head with silk scarf.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
michelle3147 said:
I can't comb my hair after a rollerset because I will get serious breakage. I finger comb while blowdrying with a dryer to loosen the curl. I throw my hair in a loose ponytail if I am going to bed or just throw a headband on.
how do u get serious breakage from combing your hair after a rollerset? what products do u use on your hair before rolling it up? ;)

Isis

Thank you ladies for your responses. So far, it sounds like most of you treat your rollersets differently than braidouts, for example. With a braidout or twistout, the hair isn't usually combed out, just separated with fingers. I just wondered if some of you do the same with your rollersets.

Isis

Poohbear said:
when i rollerset, i finger style my curls by separating them into three for a curly look. If I want a straighter/sleeker look, I will just comb my curls around my head (wrap it), and tie a scarf around it. If you leave the rollers alone, I believe that would be in the non-manipulation category. My mom used to do this to my hair in middle. She would not let me comb out the curls after removing the rollers and I hated it. But when I started wearing my hair down in highschool, I loved her for doing that because my hair grew so much from not manipulating it. But I don't see a problem with combing the curls out or finger styling them. ;)
Sounds like your mother has good experience and knowledge about growing hair out with rollersetting. :yep: