The "Cross-Wrap" put my "Flat Iron" to shame

Desert Skye

I do cross-wraps after I roller set my hair to straighten out the curls. It is so much better than blowdrying it straight. Its especially helpful to me because on the days I do not cross-wrap and simply put a bonnet on, in the morning my hair will have dents.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have attempted this several times and always manage to end up with ends that are crimped, dented or otherwise not straight. How are you guys pinning you hair and what are you using?

Missi

simplycee said:
I have attempted this several times and always manage to end up with ends that are crimped, dented or otherwise not straight. How are you guys pinning you hair and what are you using?

i use hair serum/polisher to smooth my ends and use hair pins to hold it down and put my scarf on and my ends are flat.....using a anti-frizz serum should work too.

ItsyBitsy

I know alot of ladies take the pins out once they apply their scarf. Is this step necessary & if you do leave the pins in will they leave dents in the hair?

Missi

DIONNE31 said:
I know alot of ladies take the pins out once they apply their scarf. Is this step necessary & if you do leave the pins in will they leave dents in the hair?

I have dents sometimes...but most the time if I do: i don't pay no mind: i just care for the length. I actually like my little dents:perplexed .....if you wanna pull the pins out you can. for some odd reason..i like my dents. Ew, it sounds so weird but unfortunately its true

dorko

Divine Inspiration said:
I start out by seperating my hair into two sections like I'm about to do pigtails. Then I pull the right side to the left and the left side to the right. I smooth the two sides against my head and use a duckbill clip to keep them in place. I put my scarf over my hair, then I gently tie the scarf. I remove the clips then finish tying the scarf. In the morning, I remove, lightly finger comb, and voila! Straight hair with a nice bend minus the stress of wrapping.

Did that make sense? :look:

thank youu.. i've been searching around wondering how to do a crosswrap!

AKA-Tude

This is nothing but the BOMB!!!
This is my answer to not flat ironing!!

I have been trying to figure out how not to use heat daily & this does the trick!

My hair turns out straight, so all I have to do is bump it in the AM.

Last nite I figured how to do a pin curl @ the end of each wrapped piece so now I don't have to bump it either!

This is so great!

Thanx so much for the tip!

xxxxcherishxxxx

AKA-Tude said:

I have been trying to figure out how not to use heat daily & this does the trick!

Last nite I figured how to do a pin curl @ the end of each wrapped piece so now I don't have to bump it either!

This is so great!

:) Thats a great tip! I haven't crosswrapped yet (my hair is in a regular wrap right now) but thanks to the tutorial it looks wayyyy easier than a regular wrap. I love the tips in this forum....theiirrr greeeatttttt! (whatever happened to Tony the Tiger anyways?)

ebonyhall1999

I am a little more curious about the cross wraping itself. Do you pull your lower hair up around the other portions.

I am very slow about the hair care thing.

My budget can't handle the costs anymore, so I am here to learn.

:D

jrae

AKA-Tude said:

This is so great!

ITA! and thanks for the pincurling tip! I used to have to rollerset my hair every single night after my Sunday wash day, but crosswrappinng keeps me going until Thursday easy. Much less manipulation... my strands are loving it!

Missi

april shower said:
this may sound dumb but i'm still very new around here. so is safe to try to cross wrap on wet hair?:ohwell:

Its safe to do it on wet hair as long as you don't pull it but it won't lay your hair flat or anything. Straighten your hair *remember don't use a lot of products "meaning no serums/polishers"* and cross-wrap your hair and you are good 2 go

ebonyhall1999

I tried it, but I dont' think I am doing it right. My hair never comes out looking straight in the morning after wrapping.

Any other tips?

I am going to try the cross wrap again tonight though.

MzRhonda

ebonyhall1999 said:
I tried it, but I dont' think I am doing it right. My hair never comes out looking straight in the morning after wrapping.

Any other tips?

You are not alone....perhaps I am doing it wrong. Anyone have a pictorial? :lol:

lucy

I tried it the other night, and my hair was a hot mess. I think that was because I baggied as well though. I think Imma try this again, with the pin curl ends, and see what happens.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
This worked really well for me. It also makes my hair bend, like many ladies have in their pictures. I moisturized with Dove Mist anda little Aveeda USC and my hair looks great in the morning.

I am thinking about doing a picture tutorial but I'm not 100% sure I'm doing it correctly.

Missi

ebonyhall1999 said:

Any other tips?

I say after you wash your hair: to apply moisturizers as usual and before/after you flat iron your hair....spray **Dove Mist** on it and then cross-wrap: i've noticed that my hair becomes stiff when I add to much products to it and it doesn't lay flat or sway.

**A lot of ladies say that get that relaxed look from a cross-wrap from the dove mist

Missi

ebonyhall1999 said:
I am a little more curious about the cross wraping itself. Do you pull your lower hair up around the other portions.

I am very slow about the hair care thing.

My budget can't handle the costs anymore, so I am here to learn.

:D

yes actually here: i'll post a pic of wat is suppose to look like in the back: SSB (sorry so big)

misskris816

Divine Inspiration said:
I start out by seperating my hair into two sections like I'm about to do pigtails. Then I pull the right side to the left and the left side to the right. I smooth the two sides against my head and use a duckbill clip to keep them in place. I put my scarf over my hair, then I gently tie the scarf. I remove the clips then finish tying the scarf. In the morning, I remove, lightly finger comb, and voila! Straight hair with a nice bend minus the stress of wrapping.

Did that make sense? :look:

Thanks for the great and simple instructions!