Cross Wrap....I need help!!!!

Traycee

Ok I will post pics after my camera battery's charge a little more...But I need help....I want to wear part down the middle of my head.... but do any of you ladies know how to cross wrap...Pictures of it ....Anybody That explain how to do it?????

I go out of town tonight....So the sooner you can help a sista out would be great

Diya

I usually part my hair directly down the middle, and pin one half off to the side. Then, I moisturize the other half, gently comb it away from my face like I'm gathering it into a pig tail and then twist it once (this helps the hair stay put) and pin it diagonally across the part to the top of the other side of my head. Then I secure the last 1 inch of my ends with a good hairdays pin. I moisturize the other half of my hair and pin it diagonally across (criss-crossed with the other half) the part to the top of the other side of my head. Secure ends with a good hairdays pin. Make sure the ends are laying smoothly and flat against the head. Then I gently put on my satin scarf, careful not to frazzle the ends, and go to sleep.

HTH!

It~Can~Grow

Yeah, Niko the system does need to be updated...this is like the 3rd time I've hit submit only to be redirected to a "Bad Request" blank page.

So, here is my post again. I stalked DLewis's fotki, again, but she has great pics - anyway, she gives some instructions/pics of the cross wrap:

http://public.fotki.com/dlewis/hair-wrapping/

DL...love the old pic of the rv...I LOVE road trips :grin:

Lioness

I'm not sure if you mean the kind of cross wrap that I do, but here's how I do it @ bedtime:

Moisturise hair as normal for bedtime:

1) Part hair in middle -sometimes going from middle of the crown to nape (vertically) or sometimes half way, stopping at middle of crown (Depending on your choice of style).

2) Comb hair to a smoothness (like you ususally would if you were doing a normal wrap), then comb/brush the hair around the the other side and pin the ends to the oposite side of the head, (as your hair is very long, the ends will reach back around to the side it came from). Done in a wrap around fashion, and as slick as possible it should come out nice and smooth when left for a few hours.

3) Repeat on the other side

Not sure if I explained that very well, but I hope you understand what I mean... :)

Traycee

I usually part my hair directly down the middle, and pin one half off to the side. Then, I moisturize the other half, gently comb it away from my face like I'm gathering it into a pig tail and then twist it once (this helps the hair stay put) and pin it diagonally across the part to the top of the other side of my head. Then I secure the last 1 inch of my ends with a good hairdays pin. I moisturize the other half of my hair and pin it diagonally across (criss-crossed with the other half) the part to the top of the other side of my head. Secure ends with a good hairdays pin. Make sure the ends are laying smoothly and flat against the head. Then I gently put on my satin scarf, careful not to frazzle the ends, and go to sleep.

HTH!

Thanks....I think I get it....

Traycee

Yeah, Niko the system does need to be updated...this is like the 3rd time I've hit submit only to be redirected to a "Bad Request" blank page.

So, here is my post again. I stalked DLewis's fotki, again, but she has great pics - anyway, she gives some instructions/pics of the cross wrap:

http://public.fotki.com/dlewis/hair-wrapping/

DL...love the old pic of the rv...I LOVE road trips :grin:

You guy always come through....This really helps..Does look hard at all