Cross Wrap/Rollerset to Dry Your Hair

SelfStyled

Does anyone do this to dry their hair? Section off the the crown and place a few rollers on the top, and then cross wrap the sides.

I haven't found anything in the search feature. I am thinking this would be healthier for my hair than blow daring and flat ironing - but straighter than the scarf method (I am texlaxed BTW).

If anyone does this please let me know, or if there are any older threads you can point me to or links it would be helpful:grin:.

ETA:Thanks to Brickhouse- I found a link

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/146800_roller-wrap-ethnic-hair.htm

I would cross wrap though- cause that is not as stressful on the hair.

Last edited:

jerseyjill

I have seen this done before. But insted of a cross wrap it was a regular wrap done with wet hair and setting lotion.

manter26

most of the time when i roller set I wrap just the front of my hair so it lays very flat. I have bangs too so its just easier to that. I also have a satin headband that I tie it down with.

LushLox

My stylist used to do this to me and put me under the dryer, it would just be the traditional wrap though. It gave me a nice sleek straight style but with a bit of body.

brickhouse

I do and the pic in my avatar is a rollerwrap. They have a good tutorial on expert village and she is also on Youtube.

Nonie

I've done crosswrapping to dry my wavy braids when I wanted them straight.

This is how it looked wet and wrapped and it gave me fairly straight braids with a slight curve: