Please help me wrap my hair!

calibella218

Hi Ladies, I am mostly a lurker but I need help! I cannot for the life of me get my hair to stay wrapped after I flat iron. I am natural and I use heat about once every month or two. After I flat iron I either pin curl or wear a big bun on top of my head and wrap with a satin scarf so usually I have some type of wave or curl to my hair when I wear it straight...however, I'd really like to wear it pin straight sometimes after I flat iron but my hair always falls as I'm wrapping it. My hair is layered and the longest layer is at BSL so I know I need to use pins, I've tried long bobby pins, duck bill clips, big plastic clips, I put some oil on my ends before wrapping to give it some weight but it just constantly falls, its almost too silky or something. I just flat ironed and spent about 45 minutes in the mirror trying to wrap my hair. My scalp is now a little sore so I just gave up and put it in a neat pinned up bun....:sad: I didn't seem to have soo much trouble wrapping my hair when I was relaxed! I have watched every wrap and cross wrap tutorial on youtube!

I would greatly appreciate any other tips on how to get my hair to stay while I'm wrapping it...I've tried pinning as I go but I have to take the pins back out as I get to the ends because my hair is getting longer....HELP ME!!! TIA

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Start wrapping from the top and work your way down. Once you get it smooth, use a smaller tooth comb or boar bristle brush to tighten it and make it stay wrapped. You may have to smooth it around a few times but that should do it.

Sent from Topnotch1010's Samsung Galaxy Tablet using LHCF