roller sets

meka

How do you make your rollersets tight. I just tried rollersetting my hair and the rollers just flopped all around. I need help please.i have the rollers and the metal clips. Any information is greatly appreciated. TIA

KinksnCurlz

One of the posters in the thread above said to comb the sectioned hair forward. When you roll it, keep it in the forward position and just roll it back. That gives you an ultra tight set. You can also try clipping your rollers 2gether.

Armyqt

When I went to the dominicans they used 2 metal clips on each roller. One on each side. When you comb eaqch section to be rolled forward (at an angle) and roll the hair back, the pins will attach to the rtoots of the hair once the roller is in place.

ladylibra_30

this is the way i rollerset my hair BUT i've noticed that as it dries the set gets too tight....

ladylibra_30

that's just about when mine starts to pull my brains out and then i loosen them. BUT every since i've been using my new ionic dryer my hair seems to dry in 30 mins so i haven't had a problem yet...

myco

Like CaramelHonee and ArmyQT said, comb the hair in the opposite direction you're rolling and make sure you keep it in that position as you roll back towards your scalp so you can keep the tension on the hair. Sometimes it's hard to keep the tension on the hair when you're reaching behind your head and your arms get tired. If you picture the open end of a roller as a clock, I try to place the clip between 4 and 5'o clock, which is right behind the roots like ArmyQT said. The rollers in the front are the hardest for me to get tight, so sometimes I do clip them together.

meka

thanks ladies for all of your suggestions
I am going to try it tomorrow and let you know how it worked out

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
myco said:
Like CaramelHonee and ArmyQT said, comb the hair in the opposite direction you're rolling and make sure you keep it in that position as you roll back towards your scalp so you can keep the tension on the hair. Sometimes it's hard to keep the tension on the hair when you're reaching behind your head and your arms get tired. If you picture the open end of a roller as a clock, I try to place the clip between 4 and 5'o clock, which is right behind the roots like ArmyQT said. The rollers in the front are the hardest for me to get tight, so sometimes I do clip them together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, u aint neva lie... the front is still hard for me so i also have to clip them 2gether