Roller Wraps

Stephanie31

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and I have a question. I am going to try the roller wrap and was wondering what are the best type of rollers and clips to use. My hair is very thick. I've tried roller setting my hair before and I can never get the pins tight enough to hold my hair in place....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Michelle79

I hate ask dumb questions but what is a roller wrap & how do you properly do one? I heard they were good for the hair.

plainj

Stephanie31, Welcome to the forum.
I am going thru the same thing. The advice I've always gotten is practice, practice, practice. I use the magnetic rollers (grey & purple) with 2 metal clips. I have thick hair as well and I have a hard time getting my hair to dry as straight as I like. I don't think I'm getting the rollers tight enough. It's discouraging for me but with practice I know I'll get it. Good luck.

Neroli

Roller Wraps (aka "doobies" or "wet sets" or "roller sets") are where freshly washed hair is set while wet with magnetic rollers and either air dried or hood dried. After hair is completely dried, rollers are removed and hair is "wrapped" around head.

For those new to rollersetting, I always suggest first getting it done professionally and then watch how the stylist work and the tools used, also ask questions. This is how I learned 5 years ago, I told the stylist that I wanted to try rollersetting at home and she was very nice and gave me some directions and suggestions. Even so, it took me the first 3 or 4 trys to really get the hang of it. Also, I found that I could not use the small clips like they my stylist used where 2 small clips used to anchor each roller. I got myself the large metal clips, called "duck bills" (can be purchased any BSS or drugstore, just look for the package that says "duck bill") and I can do my rollers nice and snug and anchor them really tight and easily with the duckbills (one duckbill to each roller) -- I didn't really start getting my sets right until I got those duckbills. The key is to keep doing it, practice definately . .

Welcome and hope this helps!

Allandra

For me, magnetic rollers and the silver clips. After I roller set my own hair at home (which is not very often
), I place a mesh scarf over my rollers to secure them, then I get under the dryer.

Stephanie31

Thanx guys for all the feedback. I tried it last night and the results were amazing. I had so much body in my hair I had to flat iron it a bit and wrap it back up lol. I had "big hair" but it was soooooo purdy:) I gota practice a few more times to get it right. Thanx again for the feedback and the links.

Stephanie31

Thank you Lea. I tried it and love it. Soooo much body. I gota get use to everything around here so I can post my pics and learn how to work the smileys:)