Mizani Thermasmooth

Perhaps everything works together as a system. But, I recently purchased the Thermasmooth Serum. I found the consistency skicky and like a heavy syrup. It did not feel like a serum to me, or, at least the serums with which I am accustomed.

I won't be using it again.

Did you blow dry and flat iron her hair?

Yes I did have to blow dry and flat iron her hair. She was 8 weeks post. I saw her a few days ago but her hair looked kinda rough:perplexed. I'm now wondering about how effective this thing is. THen again it's really hot and humid this week, plus this woman does not comb her hair nor does she sleeps with a wrap on her head...I'm still holding out.

I finally got a chance to use this. I had decent results, I think it would have been better if I had a better flat iron. THe serum worked well and made my hair soft. I didn't use the entire system only the serum and the spritz, maybe it works better when all products are used synergistically.
here are my results:

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/Alli77_photos/
Considering that you only used the spritz & serum, the results aren't bad. I just purchased a line sample, but I haven't used it yet. It this stuff get's my hair straight it will be a miracle. To this day, the only person that can get my hair bone-straight w/out a relaxer is my stylist. I've even tried other stylists when she wasn't available and everything....No one can do it like her.:nono: So if this Thermasmooth gets my hair straight w/out me having to go to the salon, I've just found my new best friend!:grin:

Considering that you only used the spritz & serum, the results aren't bad. I just purchased a line sample, but I haven't used it yet. It this stuff get's my hair straight it will be a miracle. To this day, the only person that can get my hair bone-straight w/out a relaxer is my stylist. I've even tried other stylists when she wasn't available and everything....No one can do it like her.:nono: So if this Thermasmooth gets my hair straight w/out me having to go to the salon, I've just found my new best friend!:grin:

Yeah it was decent. I'm hoping to find products because I can't always afford to go to a stylist, and being on this site is hard on the wallet at times too cause I want to buy every flat iron, pibbs and styling tool there is.

Yeah it was decent. I'm hoping to find products because I can't always afford to go to a stylist, and being on this site is hard on the wallet at times too cause I want to buy every flat iron, pibbs and styling tool there is.
Guurrl you ain't LYIN'!!:lachen: It's hard out here for a PJ!!

Meaganita make sure u let us know how it works for ur.
Oh! and pics if u can :grin:
Im gonna see if I can get free samples...This looks like something I may need.

Last edited:
I used this for the first time yesterday and I hated it! I used the whole system and followed all the directions but my hair looked rough in the end. I ended up rewashing and wearing a ponytail by the end of the day. I used the system and blowdried and flat ironed twice (once with a miniglide and then with my regular flatiron). I have huge bottles of the whole system and am mad that I spent 70 bucks on it. I am going to try it once or twice again when I reach APL but I'm not happy with this product at all.

I used Mizani Thermasmooth this past weekend. I went to stylist Dwin Henderson in NY for a press and curl using the system. What I will say it does is that it gets your hair straighter faster using a blow dryer so by the time you get a flat iron or a pressing curl you'll only need to go over it once. However as far as being a humidyt repellent...that is a negative! My hair frizzed up something awful right after!

^^^^^ yep, my co-worker used it on her natural hair on Saturday. When she came in today her hair was half straight half curly. Didn't stay at all!:nono:

I've had this done at the salon and i liked it. My style lasted for a good two weeks. You have to use all the items in the kit for it to work properly.

Okay now something else for me to possibly try. I am willing to have a lot of products as long as they all have a specific use. I'm thinking this will help me stretch my relaxer especially since I have a huge presentation coming up and my 8 wks falls aftewards.

Hello Ladies..........I really would like to try the thermasmooth products, do you all know of any Uk online shops that carries these products? Would really like to know, thanking you all in advance:kiss:.

I'm still using it Phoenix14. I use the shampoo, conditioner, and serum.

How do you use the thermasmooth? i.e. stretch relaxer, transition, general hair protectant for the use of heat? I just ordered from Ebay and I'm awaiting delivery. Hoping this will help me transition better or I'm gonna have to throw in the towel and relax very soon.

I purchased the 33.8 fl oz shampoo and conditioner, and 3.4 oz serum. I used it once and didn't like it. I'm thinking about retrying the products again before I sell/trade them.

Bumping -- I don't hear much about this product on the board...what's up with it?

I have used it 3x and I love it. I use the poo, con, and serum. Before the serum I use a leave in. I found the best way for my hair is to roller set first then blow out the roots. I used this when I was 8 - 11 weeks post relaxer. This gave me very manageable hair.

I love Mizani Thermasmooth. I have been transitioning for 16 months and it does wonders on my new growth.

Dontspeakdefeat uses the serums on her natural clients for straightning. The pic of her clients in her fotki had great looking results. This is on my product wishlists. I want to try it on my dd and myself since im over 5 mos post and cant take the my new growth much longer.

Back