Mizani Thermasmooth Smoothing Serum-- What other serums can replace this product?

outspokenwallflower

I got the Thermasmooth Shampoo, conditioner and shine extend spray, but could NOT for the life of me, find the Smoothing Serum! I checked 3 different places and they all seem to have the three products I managed to find but NO SERUM:sad: The ironic and sad thing is, back when I was living in NY (moved to GA less than 3.5 wks ago) the ONLY item I had from the Thermasmooth line WAS THE SERUM! I left it NY because I felt it didn't do anything for me without the other 3 steps :wallbash:

In conclusion, lol, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other serums I could use to replace this one for step 3? I wanted to try this system by the weekend, and if I can't get the serum by this weekend, I'd like to try it with an alternative. The current serums/smoothing creams I have are:

Mizani ThermaStrength Strengthening Serum
Moroccan Oil
CHI Silk Infusion
Redken Heat Glide
Redken Satinwear
Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
Ojon Daily Intensive Shine Treatment
Oscar Blandi Olio di Jasmine Hair Serum
Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum
FHI Hot Sauce

** P.S. Has any ladies used the Thermasmooth system without the smoothing serum or with a different serum?? I hope you guys could help me!! Or give me some advice, lol:yep:

Hmmmm. That's odd. Now one thing I do know is that sometimes when I go buy the serum and the shine extend that they put it all in the same row because the products "look" the same but they have different wording. That may be the reason why. If you asked management if they had it and they didn't then you should ask them to order it.

I must say the the Mizani serum is not like other serums out there. It's a little heaver than most serums and it will help keep the reversion at bay.

If you are just looking for straight then you could probably use any of the serums on your list. You could also use any type of straightening balm. I like Paul Mitchell straight works or Paul Mitchell smoothing serum.

Good Luck!

You may be right dontspeak. At two of the locations, I asked if they had the serum and they said no, but perhaps I should've looked closer because the bottles are basically the same aside from the pump/spray top. I will probably go back again, but if not, try a straightening balm like you recommended. =]

I only use the shampoo and conditioner as I don't like the serum. I use Chi Silk Infusion before I blowdry and then Redken Heat Glide before I flatiron.

Thanks! Does the thermasmooth system work really well for you still?

Is this question for me? If so, yes. I only use shampoo and conditioner from the system and I think it's those 2 that do most of the work. The serum it seemed is just to use to prevent heat damage when blowdrying.

I think I may still have mine (serum) at home, if I do I can send it to you. Not sure if I have it or threw it out but I can let you know when I get home tomorrow.

Is this question for me? If so, yes. I only use shampoo and conditioner from the system and I think it's those 2 that do most of the work. The serum it seemed is just to use to prevent heat damage when blowdrying.

I think I may still have mine (serum) at home, if I do I can send it to you. Not sure if I have it or threw it out but I can let you know when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks so much! I actually just came back from the salon in Walmart and got the last bottle there:grin: But I will want to try the system without the serum as well...I love a lot of my other products that are staples for me and may wanna work that into the process. Thank you!

Back