Mizani Thermasmooth

I use it at my salon and its really good. Its a four part system the shampoo conditioner, blowdry serum, and pression/flat iron spray. The hair is really soft, shiny, and has alot of movement. If you have a really good flat iron (professional) and blow dryer (both mine are sedu) you will get even better results

I think its good however at the salon I work at they charge $49. I told them myself as good as it is I would NEVER spend $45 on something that was temporary when I could just wait a few weeks and spend $49 on a relaxer. Its for people with natural hair, people transitioning to natural hair, and people who have relaxers but want to manage new growth till next touch up.

If you can go to eby and buy the complete system for about $84 its worth the money I just wouldnt' get it done in the salon if the price diff btween a relaxer was not substantial.

Lionwittaperm.jpg

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

OT:Thegirltolove, Every time I see this pic it cracks me up! TOo FunnY:lol: Leo is looking Fierce Daaahling!

I was just about to post a thread about this system. Mizani Thermasmooth is the Bomb!!! I decided to treat myself for Mother's Day and get my hair shampooed. I went to see Balisi (LHCF Member) to get my hair done this morning!!! I am 11 weeks post relaxer and boy do I have a lot of new growth (thanks to BT). All I can say is WOW!!!! :eek: Mizani thermasmooth is the bomb!!!! It looks like I got a touch up today instead of my shampooed and conditioned! And as always, Balisi is such a wonderful stylist!!! I always enjoy going to her. I will post a picture in my Balisi thread when I post it.

Lotus said:
Opinions anyone? How does this compare to Chi Silk Infusion?

Well, actually I think it is very different from Silk Infusion. The Thermasmooth is designed for kinky afro-textured hair and gets right down to the "nitty-gritty", while the Silk Infusion (just that one product) seems to just act as a thermo-protectant and I don't really think it is designed for "extremely curly" textures.

As far as the whole CHI line? I can't say that I have tried it when stretching before. I will have to get back to you on that one (and since I am a PJ, you know that I do have the WHOLE CHI line:lol:).

I just used the whole system with my maxiglide and it lasted two weeks i liked it but now that it's warm no need to straigten my hair but this will be a staple in the winter i took some pictures i will add them today

thegirltolove said:
Well, actually I think it is very different from Silk Infusion. The Thermasmooth is designed for kinky afro-textured hair and gets right down to the "nitty-gritty", while the Silk Infusion (just that one product) seems to just act as a thermo-protectant and I don't really think it is designed for "extremely curly" textures.

As far as the whole CHI line? I can't say that I have tried it when stretching before. I will have to get back to you on that one (and since I am a PJ, you know that I do have the WHOLE CHI line:lol:).

Thanks for replying.

I have head sweats at night. If I flat iron, it gets straight, but I have to pony while sleeping or I have a fro in the morning.

Do you think this will help my flat irons stay straighter, longer?

Has anyone used the serum alone and got good results??? I really don't need anymore shampoos and conditioners but I'm interested in the serum.

Ladies- they are still giving out free samples of the 4-step thermasmooth line. I went to the site, clicked on contacts, and sent an email with my home address requesting the thermasmooth sample set. It just arrived today from UPS no charge!

If you want to try this out - definitely ask for a sample set. It came with the shampoo, the conditioner, the leave in and the spray which you use prior to applying the heat. I will try it in a few months when my hair is longer and the weather is cooler. Right now I am concentrating on improving my hair's moisture level to promote growth and retain length.

Ladies- they are still giving out free samples of the 4-step thermasmooth line. I went to the site, clicked on contacts, and sent an email with my home address requesting the thermasmooth sample set. It just arrived today from UPS no charge!

If you want to try this out - definitely ask for a sample set. It came with the shampoo, the conditioner, the leave in and the spray which you use prior to applying the heat. I will try it in a few months when my hair is longer and the weather is cooler. Right now I am concentrating on improving my hair's moisture level to promote growth and retain length.

Which site? The Mizani site?

Does it only work when you blow dry and flat iron? Will it work with a roller set and then a blow out of the roots?

Cool - i never received a confirmation they received my request - they just mailed it to me about 1.5 weeks after the request. Yes I plan to post photos of my straightened do in my fotki once I use the system to see how well it works on natural hair.

I hope it works out so I will have a tried and true product to use in the winter time.

OK, I didn't see the "contacts" link, but after searching around for awhile I found their email address and requested a free sample. Let's see if they give it to me.

Curlee, are you gonna post up photos once you've used the system?

Where is the contacts link? The product junkie in me wants to try it, the college student in me wants to try it for FREE!

Go to the site and look for their email
address link and submit a request.

HTH

Thank you, thank you thank you!!! I was just sitting here trying to get the energy to make the 45 minute drive to the nearest Ulta to buy this. I hope I can still get this free sample!!

Ok, I used this on a client of mine's hair last night. THe results were impressive, she was 8 weeks post and has type 3c, soft bone straight hair. I liked the smell of the product, how it made her hair feel and the shine it gave her hair...the real test will be when I use it on my THICK, type 4a 10 months post relaxed hair. I can't wait to try this!

ETA: a little goes a long way!! I really like the serum the most. I'm not a spritz girl but the spritz was nice too, it didn't try out her hair or have a sticky feel.

Alli,

Please post your results here when you do the Thermasmooth. I too have 4a/b all natural hair and am willing to give this product a try. Thanks

Ok, I used this on a client of mine's hair last night. THe results were impressive, she was 8 weeks post and has type 3c, soft bone straight hair. I liked the smell of the product, how it made her hair feel and the shine it gave her hair...the real test will be when I use it on my THICK, type 4a 10 months post relaxed hair. I can't wait to try this!

ETA: a little goes a long way!! I really like the serum the most. I'm not a spritz girl but the spritz was nice too, it didn't try out her hair or have a sticky feel.

Did you blow dry and flat iron her hair?

Back