March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

KinkyRed

I'm alternating between OCT and MT daily and I think I'm gonna give myself at least two months before I make a final assestment. I started in July and I haven't seen as drastic as increase as others but we will see.

I just got my hair conrowed on Monday so that I could keep the scalp exposed and be able to better guage my progress.

Yea, I've been using MT about a month now..I haven't seen any results yet.. No growth, No tingling, no itching..Not even shedding! I'm starting to think they sent me a placebo!:lachen:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Yea, I've been using MT about a month now..I haven't seen any results yet.. No growth, No tingling, no itching..Not even shedding! I'm starting to think they sent me a placebo!:lachen:

Your hair better be growing! :yep:

I never, ever, ever, ever had tingling, itching, shedding or ANYTHING other than breakage-resistant hair and smooth hair strands. If you decide to keep using the product you will see improved quality and condition of your hair.

I am a long-term user of Ovation and I :love: it.

Trust me, these products work - they really do. Try and be patient but most of all consistent. Oh, and you do not have to apply to your scalp daily. Do a once or twice a week treatment (use like a deep condition without heat) and you will be fine.

KinkyRed

:ohwell:

I never, ever, ever, ever had tingling, itching, shedding or ANYTHING other than breakage-resistant hair and smooth hair strands. If you decide to keep using the product you will see improved quality and condition of your hair.

Trust me, these products work - they really do. Try and be patient but most of all consistent. Oh, and you do not have to apply to your scalp daily. Do a once or twice a week treatment (use like a deep condition without heat) and you will be fine.

Well I have been getting a couple of bad headaches... So maybe it isn't a placebo after all.

EMJazzy

Happily retired

That's how I use it. :yep::up:

Shadiyah

Well I am just now geting back to mega tek. I plait my hair at night and apply it to my scalp and co wash in the morning. I am really loving my hair right now. I use mixed chicks for my everyday look and at night I put a little pre poo oil on and plait it up and apply the mega tek to the scalp. I am 8 months into my bc and it looks to me that I have a lot of new growth coming from just being able to brush my hair to getting palit.

Shadiyah

I really need to find out if there is a lastest thready out there since it looks like they are only for each month.

trenise

I'm still doing the Ovation line even though I have not posted to this thread in a while. I thought I would have to give up totally on hair growth for a while and maybe have to just start from scratch. The last time I did chemo I was completely bald and it took about 4 months before I had a microfro. However, this time I was using the Ovation line already and I heard it was good for hair retention for those going through chemo. I heard that your hair may thin but not to the point where others could tell. So I started being extra consistent with using the Ovation for deep conditioning. I mean like every other day I was sleeping in the cell therapy over night with a plastic cap over my head. I can't say for certain if it was because of the Ovation, but it is true that I did not loose my hair. It did thin, but only to the point where I can tell. My hair texture changed a little more. When I first started using Ovation it got a little less kinky. Now it has been 4 months this weekend since I have had a relaxer and I can still get a comb through it (for detangling purposes). That in itself is amazing considering my hair type. I don't know if the chemo had anything to do with that or not, but I sure was using a lot of ovation cell therapy. I usually keep my hair clipped up or pinned up. When I have it down and curled it's all big and fluffy, but this am I was moisturizing it with some Hairveda product and could see some of the length. I could tell it had gotten longer since I started chemo (I'm finished now). I want to take some more comparison shots, but I think I'll do that after my next relaxer. But the way I'm going now, I don't know when my next relaxer will be. My hair is pretty easy to deal with right now and I don't like it to be straight and flat like it is for at least a week or so after a relaxer.

panamoni

Glad it's working for you and helping you with growth and retention, through what must be a tough time in your life. Hope all goes well.

I'm still doing the Ovation line even though I have not posted to this thread in a while. I thought I would have to give up totally on hair growth for a while and maybe have to just start from scratch. The last time I did chemo I was completely bald and it took about 4 months before I had a microfro. However, this time I was using the Ovation line already and I heard it was good for hair retention for those going through chemo. I heard that your hair may thin but not to the point where others could tell. So I started being extra consistent with using the Ovation for deep conditioning. I mean like every other day I was sleeping in the cell therapy over night with a plastic cap over my head. I can't say for certain if it was because of the Ovation, but it is true that I did not loose my hair. It did thin, but only to the point where I can tell. My hair texture changed a little more. When I first started using Ovation it got a little less kinky. Now it has been 4 months this weekend since I have had a relaxer and I can still get a comb through it (for detangling purposes). That in itself is amazing considering my hair type. I don't know if the chemo had anything to do with that or not, but I sure was using a lot of ovation cell therapy. I usually keep my hair clipped up or pinned up. When I have it down and curled it's all big and fluffy, but this am I was moisturizing it with some Hairveda product and could see some of the length. I could tell it had gotten longer since I started chemo (I'm finished now). I want to take some more comparison shots, but I think I'll do that after my next relaxer. But the way I'm going now, I don't know when my next relaxer will be. My hair is pretty easy to deal with right now and I don't like it to be straight and flat like it is for at least a week or so after a relaxer.

Bluetopia

I gave up MT in June after a protein overload incident...and the one or two times i attempted it in July weren't great.

Fortunately I've finally come up with a moisture rich regimen that protects my hair enough where I can handle protein and use MT again without shedding like mad. I tried it successfully for the first time Friday and am overjoyed that I can re-introduce MT into my life. :yep:

When this bottle is done in few weeks I wonder if I should switch to OT. For those who have switched to the more expensive OT what are your thoughts? What are the benefits of OT vs MT??

At the moment I need thickness as much as length.

I'm officially back on the MT/OCT train. :dance7::clapping::clap::bdance::bud::gorgeous::love3::reddancer::sunshine:

can you tell i'm happy? lol

CleverGypsy

When this bottle is done in few weeks I wonder if I should switch to OT. For those who have switched to the more expensive OT what are your thoughts? What are the benefits of OT vs MT??

I use both MT and OCT usually alternating between the two. I use MT with oil mixed in and just oil my scalp lightly when using OCT. In my experience MT is stronger which means more chance of a protein overload if you're not careful. I use OCT if I've henna'ed my hair recently or if I just feel that I need a break from MT. I am on my 2nd bottle of each and I've decided I won't buy OCT again- it's just too expensive. I will just dilute my MT more with oil if I need it weaker. Personally I feel that they both do the same thing they just have slightly different formulas. HTH.

Bluetopia

I use both MT and OCT usually alternating between the two. I use MT with oil mixed in and just oil my scalp lightly when using OCT. In my experience MT is stronger which means more chance of a protein overload if you're not careful. I use OCT if I've henna'ed my hair recently or if I just feel that I need a break from MT. I am on my 2nd bottle of each and I've decided I won't buy OCT again- it's just too expensive. I will just dilute my MT more with oil if I need it weaker. Personally I feel that they both do the same thing they just have slightly different formulas. HTH.

i want the most bang for my buck so that helps a lot! im gonna stick to the MT and keep stretching it with oils and moisturizing goodies.

Vonnieluvs08

I've started back on MT/OCT after a lazy hiatus (just didnt feel like mixing up more). I apply to the scalp after I shower whether I cowash or not. I feel I get better absorbtion this way. I mix it was a lot of EO and oils and some Aloe vera juice and use it like a hair grease of sorts. I don't know if helps with growth since I have been consistent since my BC but it makes my scalp happy and I havent had protein overload since I keep my moisture up. HHG ladies!!

MD_Lady

I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered, but I searched and couldn't find it... How soon after a relaxer can you use OCT? I just got one on Friday and really want to wash tomorrow. I didn't see any warnings on the OCT bottle about using it too soon before or after a relaxer. Does anyone have any advice?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm sure this question has already been asked and answered, but I searched and couldn't find it... How soon after a relaxer can you use OCT? I just got one on Friday and really want to wash tomorrow. I didn't see any warnings on the OCT bottle about using it too soon before or after a relaxer. Does anyone have any advice?

You can wash tomorrow. I have.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm 5 weeks post today and I just gave myself my weekly Ovation treatment.

My hair feels wonderfully soft and smooth. I love this stuff.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Thanks for your response. :up: I was worried that applying OCT too soon might carry a risk of shedding with it.

You're welcome.

I'm one of the Ovation users that have never had a shedding issue with this product.

I shed, sure, but it's not from the product. I've been using this product for over a year and 1/2. All it's done for me is make my hair better than it was. :grin:

Nya33

Im still using mt, im one wk post and did my application last night. This current bottle just isnt finishing! Lol.

Jaxhair

I still use mine to co-wash when I feel the need to strengthen - usually every 2-4 weeks. I think it's easier to use more regularly in the winter months? IDK, maybe my hair routines are just changing. Not applying to scalp at the moment - seems too much in the summer, lol!

grnidmonster

August 25th was my year ann. and I am happy to report that all of my bald spots have filled in and my hair is much fuller and healthier. I still have a way to go to get back to where I was and I am not using MT or OCT like I once was but, I do get it in at least once a week. My blad spots are not as thick as I would like but, I realize it takes time. I will post pictures soon but wanted to check-in and tell those that are having a tough time or not sure if MT/OCT works, just hang in there. This stuff does work for most but it does take time.

HealthyHair2007

Here's a comparison between May and August. I will have another comparison in two weeks. I am hooked on Mega-tek. This was a 10 wk stretch.

sonia1965

Ladies, I apologise, but I have seriously fallen off the wagon on this one, but Miss HealthyHair 2007, you have inspired me to jump on it again!! Great progress!!!:yep::lick: