Cowash every other week--shampoo scalp only
Twistouts almost daily
Flat-iron 2-3x a year

August 2008-fingercurls:

Summer 2011-twistout:

December 2011-flatiron:

man that is some hair... love it!!!

BostonMaria

OMG it seems like yesterday that you cut your hair. Wow! Beautiful progress!

My regimen... gosh I'm so embarrassed....

• Co-wash once a week
  • Deep condition anywhere between 30 mins - 1 hour
  • Rollerset, flatiron the roots, & style

If its curly, I co-wash and deep condition then slap it in a ponytail.

For the most part my hair is usually just in a ponytail.
I am almost done with grad school and hope to go back to my old crazy routine of trying new things in my hair.

My hair should probably be longer, but I just don't have the time like I used to.

Pic of my hair - taken Oct 2011

davisbr88

Well, I'll have some straightened comparison pics at the end of the year, but I guess I'll post my plopping ones now (using another pass for HYH):

About a month into my daily cowashing/wet bunning regi (August 2011):

Today:

RENIBELL

Hi Ladies, this is my before and after from 2years of keeping it simple,plus i use heat every wash day. i basically wash deep condition, blow dry and flat iron.
thats it

320841_10150414701073970_594208969_8796853_324216345_n.jpg

2009 my joining pic

DSCF7179.JPG

last month

An_gell

Hi ladies! I have been MIA for awhile and with that I have become a die hard KISSer. As my hair grows I find that it's easier to deal with and I spend less time fooling with it. I have been bunning faithfully for the past year and a half it will be two in April of next year. Below are my pics of where I started Apr 10, the second pic is my end of year last Dec 10, and the last two pics are from last month.

My regimen:
Friday or Saturday detangle with oil to remove shed hair and pre-poo and put in 4 twist, shampoo and deep condition.

Sometimes I may deep condition on dry hair it just depends on what I think my hair needs especially if it's been on the dry side all week I will deep condition, apply a reconstructor, rinse with cool water, and apply leave-in and let air dry.

I do not use combs I finger comb and detangle and practice low manipulation daily. I bun 7 days a week will take it down to remoisturize my ends and re-bun. I also workout alot so I water rinse between washes probably twice a week.

I take Nioxin and biotin and also still use mega-tek but have switched to Ovation system and I also make my own sulfur infused oil and may apply it twice a week.

It's not super long yet, but I am very proud of my progress compared to where I was. I hope to continue this regimen next year in hopes of reaching brastrap.

Attachments

• Hair Infinity 1month of use started No Heat Challenge.jpg
    Hair Infinity 1month of use started No Heat Challenge.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00104.jpg
    IMG00104.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1130.jpg
    DSCF1130.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1127.jpg
    DSCF1127.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Mad Scientist

I've been doing a super simple regi since I big chopped (2009). I was a bit of a product junkie at first but my reggie has always just been:

Cowash Everyday
Apply Leave-In
Shampoo when I feel like I need to (no set time period)
Protein

Since my hair's gotten longer, I now cowash maybe every other day or every two. I bun most of the time because I stay super busy with school.

I don't really take that many pics so I'll see what I got!

Big Chop (Feb. 2009)

October 2011 Twist Out

Last edited:

Sanity

Cosmetologist
Here are my updates. I am currently in plaits (braids) sorry ladies no pics!!.. (have to buy another digi camera). I will post another update when I Take them out in January 2012.

first pic is may 2011 i had 3" cut off (back to apl) sorry I do not have "a back length shot"

second pic is after I relaxed in aug 2011 air dried

third pic is when I straightened Oct 2011 (7 weeks post)

Regimen: Wash and Condition with Suave Coconut and Shea butter

Deep Condition twice a month with Argan Oil deep conditioner pack (Creme and Nature):yep:

I also do oil treatments with Coconut oil and Castor Oil twice a month.
I do blow dry until my hair is somewhat dry to help with the tangles (my hair hates airdrying:nono:) I am also taking HairFinity Vitamins I take one a day instead of 2.
I protective style is a pony tail bun with my ends tucked under.

IF I can only make Full BSL in 2012 I will be estatic!!!:grin:

Attachments

• Copy of Miami 018.jpg
    Copy of Miami 018.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 33
  • aug17.jpg
    aug17.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 33
  • ot25.jpg
    ot25.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 33

greenandchic

I will post photos when I flat iron. "Simple" is subjective, but this my current routine:

Daily
Massage scalp with oils (castor, now coffee to help with shedding) every other night.
Moisturize and seal
PS 100% of the time in the fall and winter

Week
Cowash 2x week
Shampoo once every other week (lately I've been using cleansing conditioner)
Mild protein weekly
Deep condition weekly

Monthly
Heavy protein

I haven't hennaed in a while, but I will get back to doing it 2x a month soon.

Last edited: