Any ladies here wish to particpate in a TWA grow out challenge?

morehairplease

If so, please post here. We could check in monthly? Or every 4 months? Whichever is convenient for you ladies? Also, we could post progress pics, rountines, etc.... Any suggestions, advice, etc.... are greatly appreciated(very new to this challenge thing ladies ;) ). We could start the challenge January 1st and end January 1,2007. Anyone interested?

P

patient1

You look lonely!! I'll join you. I broke out of my no braids challenge and threw in some braids a few days ago. I don't feel like doing hair. I'm lazy and want to spend my time writing rather than doing weekly comb coils.

Tell me more about your plan and we'll check in.

p1

morehairplease

thanks ladies! Since this is my first challenge thingy....how do they work? I was thinking that we could check in monthly or every 4 months. Either way is fine w/me to report our progress and/or setbacks, post routines, & answer each other's questions or help each other in any way we can(i.e. product recs, style suggestions, hair treatment advice,etc...) anything that I am leaving out ladies feel free to post them. Any suggestions that you ladies have please feel free to post them.

pretty-girl#1

I'm in! I am on a (4 month /4" journey) and I get an average of .75 " per month now. With the help of my vitamins and not using heat I hope to add that extra .25 to my head every month for the first four months of the year. I will check back in April and let everyone here know how successful I was!

morehairplease

pretty-girl#1 said:
I'm in! I am on a (4 month /4" journey) and I get an average of .75 " per month now. With the help of my vitamins and not using heat I hope to add that extra .25 to my head every month for the first four months of the year. I will check back in April and let everyone here know how successful I was!

sounds great!

Ladies should we check-in every four months or on the 1st of each month?

Zeal

Count me in. How do we measure a TWA. Right now I think that I am about 1/4 inch. But I am definately in. Are we going to post to the same thread. Newbie and never been in a challenge. I think we should chcke in once a month or ever 3 months?

littleaudie

I'm in too. Last time I measured my hair it was 4 inches long. That was last month. I'm wearing a puff now and I've got a long way to go. It's hard to be creative when you're sick of wearing braids and adjusting to new hair regimens.

morehairplease

Zeal said:
Count me in. :bouncy:
How do we measure a TWA? you know what I don't know. I was planning on taking pics and attaching them..measuring the growth that way. I don't have a ruler here but will buy one this weekend & could do it that way as well.

Right now I think that I am about 1/4 inch. But I am definately in.

Are we going to post to the same thread? I could start a thread say....'TWA Grow Out Challenge.'

Newbie and never been in a challenge. Me too.

I think we should check in once a month or ever 3 months?
Either is fine w/me. I am going to get my DH to attach my pics(each month or every three months-whichever we decide).

morehairplease

littleaudie said:
I'm in too.:bouncegre Last time I measured my hair it was 4 inches long. :clap:

That was last month. I'm wearing a puff now and I've got a long way to go. It's hard to be creative when you're sick of wearing braids and adjusting to new hair regimens.
I can't wait for my hair to grow long enough for the puff/braid extensions.....it is REALLY short right now.

P

patient1

Bumping. . .

I think we should check in midmonthly. Let's say the 15th of every month. How does that sound?

Right now I'd say my hair, stretched, is about the length of my pinky in most areas, I think I've got big hands for a lady though. LOL!! I have braid extensions in now out of laziness. (Failed the no extensions challenge. . .) I'll be keeping them in until the end of Feb if all goes well.

My main focus is moisture, moisture, moisture. I'm gonna be spritzing with a mix based in water and glycerin throughout the day and oiling my scalp with a mix of wgo and revive and restores root penetrating oil.

I'll be taking a multi daily at the least.

I'm also in the total health and wellness challenge. I'm focusing on drinking lots and lots of water, cleaning up my diet, including daily exercise, etc.

I've had a twa at various intervals since age 19. I've grown it out and then cut it, grown it then cut it. I'm tired of my beloved twa. I don't see another one in my future. It became a crutch because i looked good, it was easy, etc. I've always stopped short of my goal, a head of natural hair that could be pulled into a ponytail. Once I reach that goal I'm sure I'll turn it into a crutch as well. LOL!!!

p1

Zeal

littleaudie said:
I'm in too. Last time I measured my hair it was 4 inches long. That was last month. I'm wearing a puff now and I've got a long way to go. It's hard to be creative when you're sick of wearing braids and adjusting to new hair regimens.

Gyrl, that ain't no TWA :lachen:

I'll be happy to see 4 inches.

asummertyme

hey yall, i have a fro..its not as teeny as when i did the BC in june but if yall will have me im still in..my afro is stretches to the bottom of my neck when stretched...i am also apart of the weave challenge and braid challenge as well while growing my hair out..moisture is key for me as well..

cece22

Include me my hair is about 2-3 inches stretched. I am doing the Crown and Glory method. I am in human hair braids until Janury 20th then out of braids for 2 months. This will give my hair a chance to rest and let me get familiar with my texture.

morehairplease

asummertyme said:
hey yall, i have a fro..its not as teeny as when i did the BC in june but if yall will have me im still in..my afro is stretches to the bottom of my neck when stretched...i am also apart of the weave challenge and braid challenge as well while growing my hair out..moisture is key for me as well..

of course asummertyme! :clap:

morehairplease

cece22 said:
Include me my hair is about 2-3 inches stretched. I am doing the Crown and Glory method. I am in human hair braids until Janury 20th then out of braids for 2 months. This will give my hair a chance to rest and let me get familiar with my texture.

great to have you cece22! :)

morehairplease

asummertyme said:
i think every 3 would be good, but if yall wanna check in every month, i am kool with that too...

I was thinking every 3 months too.

So ladies how about a check in every 3 months? Let me know what you all think.

wicky2828

I want to join as well. I have 4 inches of hair. I hope to be able to put my hair in a ponytail by summer.

I think the checking in once every 3 months is a good schedule.

morehairplease

wicky2828 said:
I want to join as well. I have 4 inches of hair. I hope to be able to put my hair in a ponytail by summer.

I think the checking in once every 3 months is a good schedule.

sounds great!