KISS Ladies: Where's da pics?

davisbr88

So I know PLENTY of women are truly keeping it simple with their regimens, and I'm calling you out!
Show us your progress from following your regi! If you've been doing it for 6 months or 6 years, show us where you've been and where you are now.
If you wouldn't mind including what you do, whether you're natural or relaxed, and your strand size along with your pics, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Haven't seen too many progress pics from you ladies (*cough* Nonie *cough*) who are hardcore super simplers (?). Enlighten us :grin:

BlkOnyx488

I think a lot of ladies are waiting til the last week of DEC for year end reveals.
I plan on straightening on my B-day 12/30

I have been doing my simple regi since Jan 2010
I am 4a/b natural
I keep my hair in cornrows.
I redo them once a week or so, no combs just use my fingers
I do a full take down once a month
I do overnight DC's once a week while my hair is in cornrows.

I baggy every night
I spray on an oil concotion every night. Grapeseed oil, castor oil, sulphur powder, and coconut oil, and water.

I blow dry and flat iron about 3 times a years with Maxiglide on Number 7.

keep my ends baggied under my wig or phony pony.
My hair is very fine. :ohwell:

First pic is from Jan 2010
Second pic was taken last Oct 2011

be gentle I am a slow grower:yep:

Attachments

• Hair-Jan28-2010.jpg
    Hair-Jan28-2010.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 164
  • picsay-1323392689.jpg
    picsay-1323392689.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

I'm relaxed (not bone straight) and have no clue what my strand size is.
April 2011 - Virgin Relaxer from leaving natural behind

December 2011

Regimen: (every 7-10 days)
Shampoo
Condition
Towel Dry
Serum/Heat Protectant
Blow Dry (or dry under the dryer with wrap foam)
Flat iron

Relaxed with Mizani Sensitive Scalp by my stylist. I stretch at least 10 weeks.

Last edited:

Nonie

:rolleyes: @davisbr88, I mean davisbrat! You need to be taken out back and flogged for calling me out.

Well, my KISS is:
  • living in twists as if in locs;
  • washing twice a week: midweek--shampoo, condition, ACV rinse; weekend--same as midweek only a reconstructor DC is added;
  • baggy nightly or when wearing something on my head during the day (eg hat/headwrap);
  • dust the ends of the twists every 8 weeks;
  • redo twists one at a time as I feel like it--removing shed hair by finger-combing before retwisting

I don't PS, I don't seal, I don't use a leave-in/moisturizer after washing or ever, so clearly my retention isn't as good as it could be if I practiced these good habits. Still, I can't complain coz my hair is longer than it's ever been.

BC was Feb 2007 to just under 3 inches stretched:

I tend not to set goals or keep checking progress so whenever I notice a difference in length, it's always such a welcome surprise because time is of no consequence to me; getting to some place is usually more exciting than how long it took.

In March 2010, while taking a photo to show shrinkage, I was so happy to discover that my nape had reached APL--the longest my hair had ever been in all my life!

In September 2010 I was even more thrilled to find out that the section above my ear--which is higher than nape--had passed CBL (Another NEW milestone!):

Then I was simply over the moon to find out last month that the same section over the ear is now at APL (Another record achievement!):

So yeah, I can't complain, considering I have very fine (read: weak) strands and I hardly put in any effort to my haircare. I attribute the progress I have made to regular dustings. Before I ever introduced regular trimming to my regimen I thought reaching SL (not even CBL) is all my hair could do. The bonus of regular dustings is thin ends are not a problem I ever have to deal with, nor are SSKs.

Last edited:

davisbr88

BlkOnyx488: I think you've made nice progress! I love your ends! Us fine-haired ladies don't always have those kind of ends :lick: I can't wait for your reveal this month!

Your Cheeziness: Wow, your hair is awesome! It grows so fast!

Nonie: Lol! I called you out because you always talk about how you never do anything to your hair but ain't put out one length pic yet!!!! Can we get a back shot?! Dang!!!! (You know I'm demanding :grin:) Either way, those little sections I see are lovely!

Nonie

@Nonie: Lol! I called you out because you always talk about how you never do anything to your hair but ain't put out one length pic yet!!!! Can we get a back shot?! Dang!!!! (You know I'm demanding :grin:) Either way, those little sections I see are lovely!

Thanks @davisbr88

I don't have a current backshot of it coz I don't really plan the length checks but they usually take place when I happen to be redoing a twist then I feel as if my hair is stretching farther than I remember so curiosity makes me hold my phone out and take a pic to see. The back doesn't feel any different from it did last year so I have no plans to take a pic. (A watched pot never boils, so honestly I prefer to be clueless and let the sense of touch intrigue me enough to get the sense of sight involved. Call me crazy but I love surprises...so not looking yet.)

However, mid-last year, this was the back:

ETA: Where are your pics OP????

BlkOnyx488

:rolleyes: @davisbr88, I mean davisbrat! You need to be taken out back and flogged for calling me out.
OK Nonie
I am going to stalking you until you post an updated flat iron pic LOL

BlkOnyx488: I think you've made nice progress! I love your ends! Us fine-haired ladies don't always have those kind of ends :lick: I can't wait for your reveal this month!

Thanks
I need to add more trims to my regi. This year I only used the split ender every time I flat ironed. I am sissor shy

davisbr88

Nonie: Yay! Nonie is BSL at least! Now my curiosity is settled... hehehe! I will post pics when I straighten in December. But I just started my KISS regi in June, so my progress probably won't be all that noteworthy. :-/

BlkOnyx488: I started trimming every 2 months, and it seems to work out for me because that's usually around the timeframe when the SSKs and splits start to come out and play. Lol. But even trimming with every 2 months, I'm still retaining much more than I would if I waited too long and would have had to chop at the end of the year :-/
Got that advice from Nonie, btw :)

Nonie

@Nonie: Yay! Nonie is BSL at least! Now my curiosity is settled... hehehe! I will post pics when I straighten in December. But I just started my KISS regi in June, so my progress probably won't be all that noteworthy. :-/

@BlkOnyx488: I started trimming every 2 months, and it seems to work out for me because that's usually around the timeframe when the SSKs and splits start to come out and play. Lol. But even trimming with every 2 months, I'm still retaining much more than I would if I waited too long and would have had to chop at the end of the year :-/
Got that advice from @Nonie, btw :)

OK Nonie
I am going to stalking you until you post an updated flat iron pic LOL

@davisbr88, I wish people would just give regular a trims a try and discover like you have how prevention is so much better than cure. I appreciate the feedback in bold, BTW. :grin: Yay!!! for you.

And hey, seriously, it doesn't matter how long it takes to get to any length. When you get to a length you never thought you'd make, you don't even care how long it took. It just feels wonderful!

Just don't "expect" anything or set deadlines. Just hope for healthy hair because healthy hair will be able to withstand much more than unhealthy hair. If you do this, whatever happens, it'll feel better than you thought it'd feel.

@BlkOnyx488 LOL, erhmm...we might both be wearing bifocals by the time I do that. LOL I think my laziness increases proportionally with passing time.

davisbr88

Nonie: I would definitely love to get to the point where I can just let it grow and not give it two thoughts, but dangit, I wana get to WL by my 25th! :lachen:

~~HoneyComb~~

Keep it simple reggie:
Cowash every other week--shampoo scalp only
Twistouts almost daily
Flat-iron 2-3x a year

August 2008-fingercurls:

Summer 2011-twistout:

December 2011-flatiron:

Nonie

@davisbr88 I don't have a regimen. I just give it what it needs when it needs it. I try to keep it clean, moisturized and detangled though.

nappystorm, Can you give us an example? Like what did it need this week--or did you do to it this week? How often do you wash it? Do you use shampoo? Do you WNG? Do you braid at night? Do you dust? Do you baggy? Do you have a silk pillowcase?

There are people who have a 20 steps to their regimen and would swear that they only do "what their hair needs"...so an example of the simple things you do would really be eye-opening to simple things others can do to get your results.

nappystorm

@nappystorm, Can you give us an example? Like what did it need this week--or did you do to it this week? How often do you wash it? Do you use shampoo? Do you WNG? Do you braid at night? Do you dust? Do you baggy? Do you have a silk pillowcase?

There are people who have a 20 steps to their regimen and would swear that they only do "what their hair needs"...so an example of the simple things you do would really be eye-opening to simple things others can do to get your results.

@Nonie Every week: I wash, condition, steam and dry. The method of drying (rollerset, blow dry, twists, braids, air, etc) depends on my mood and the weather. Whatever it decides to do between washings, is just what it does. I'm looking like a lion as we speak :lol: This week I dried via rollerset (I uploaded a video of the rollerset of my YT channel).

To answer some questions:
I have a satin pillowcase.
I always do my hair in sections.
Some nights, I put it in 4 big braids before bed and some nights I don't.
I only do WNGs in the summer.
I do a S & D for the SSKs periodically. I only trim when the ends start looking jagged (about once a year).
I don't baggy.
I don't do the various rinses.
I use regular shampoo.
I don't pay $903,093 for juices and berries and stress over ingredients that I'm just going to wash out in a week anyway.

GoodMernin

I have been doing my wash-n-go 4b fro going into my second week and so far I really like the simplicity of it.

I co-wash on Monday and Wednesday and wash and dc on Saturday.

The ONLY oil that I use on my hair is first cold pressed EVOO that is mixed in a bottle with water and sprayed on my hair when it is either dripping wet out of the shower after wash/co-wash or on non-wash days in the morning for styling.

I clear my hair out once a week on the Saturday wash/dc day while in the shower with the dc and water.

And when I style my hair it MUST be wet or damp with either Mixed Silk Leave in Conditioner or Marc Anthony curl lotion.

Also, I style my fro by pulling, molding, and shaping strictly with my hands.

I used to be shaved bald but I don't have any pics on my computer.

However, here are a few of my wash-go-4b fro pics.

Attachments

• Fro.jpeg
    Fro.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Fro 2.jpeg
    Fro 2.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Washed and cleared 2.jpeg
    Washed and cleared 2.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 38