Extra, Extra!!! Post those end of the year comparison pics here!

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
AJamericanDiva.....what is your secret? Are getting getting on secret potion from the Islands that you are not telling us about? You can PM me /images/graemlins/sekret.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking the same thing. PM me too /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

Your and your daughter's hair are fabulous.

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
AJamericanDiva.....what is your secret? Are getting getting on secret potion from the Islands that you are not telling us about? You can PM me /images/graemlins/sekret.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One word... "Obeah"... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Nice

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!

No but seriously /images/graemlins/look.gif

Faith

GREAT progress micarae /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear your hair grew a lot too /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Diva all I have to say is SPLENDID to you and Ms.K's ...wow /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ricochet

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Good progress Poohbear and Micarae! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you girl, you hair is lovely! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

webby

Think Slim
I cannot mention everyone by name, but thank, ALL for sharing. You all have some awesome pics. Definitely inspiring /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SandySea

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Thx MonaLisa and AC.....by the way, not only is my hair lighter..but the eyes are lighter too. hehehehe /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Model, that hair color and eye color looks great on you. I'm jealous because you're enjoying my city while I'm living here in gloomy Tampa. But Miami, here I come (home for the holidays).

melodee

Wow!!! Everyone looks great. I would have had record breaking progress, only I cut mine. Next year I'll post a comparison pic.
Lovely ladies.

SandySea

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
SandySea... what type of braids do you use????

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear, your hair is really progressing /images/graemlins/clap.gif I am wearing small human hair (deep wave) braids. I have never worn them this small before, but I have never worn large braids either. So far I have had good results, I'll see what happens with these tiny braids. At least they stay neat longer (which is good on a student's budget).

SandySea

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
Here are mine at a glance as I know ya'll are getting tired of seeing it:

September 2003 hair unbunned w/thin but healthy ends. Ends trimmed with the next relaxer.

November 2004 (trim 7 months prior to this relaxer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Diva, did you and your daughter trim during the grow out process? You have retained so much length.

G

GinaG

[ QUOTE ]
mkstar826 said:
I always let my hair air dry. The only time I blow it out is to trim, but starting next year I'm going "no heat" as a personal challenge to myself. I'm just going to stretch it out and brush it out for trims. I've never experienced that straw-like feeling a lot of naturals talk about after a blow-out...but I think that's thanks to my technique
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your very lucky not to have experienced the same thing!

Would you advise applying Coconut Oil (virgin) to the hair whilst wet and plaiting it up or would this be too greasy?

Nice

I just want to say again....Congratulations to ALL of you on your progress. You ladies are truly an inspiration to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
SandySea said:
[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
Thx MonaLisa and AC.....by the way, not only is my hair lighter..but the eyes are lighter too. hehehehe /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Model, that hair color and eye color looks great on you. I'm jealous because you're enjoying my city while I'm living here in gloomy Tampa. But Miami, here I come (home for the holidays).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Sandyseas! Yeah it IS rather nice here in MIA, haha /images/graemlins/beach.gif

Definitely doesn't feel like Xmas is near....

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif LORD HAVE MERCY!!!!!

No but seriously /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I think that my length might be attributed to the fact that I don't put any heat in my hair, other than when I get my relaxer. I hate any "crackling" sound when I comb my hair, so after the pic is taken, I immediately put in my S-curl. I don't comb my hair if I hear "crackle." From March 2003 until present, I've only had two trims. The first one was after the June 2003 relaxer and the second one was after the April 2004 relaxer. I do think the protective styling aided in the preservation of my ends. I rarely wear my hair down. HTH

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
GREAT progress micarae /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear your hair grew a lot too /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Diva all I have to say is SPLENDID to you and Ms.K's ...wow /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Faith! This is very encouraging to hear!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Cowgirl

You ladies are such a huge inspiration. :) I haven't been on the board that long but here is my comparison from May to December. This was after a 1 inch trim in November to even up some raggedy ends. :cool:

Attachments

• MayDecComp.jpg
    MayDecComp.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

SandySea

Wow Stephypoo and Cowgirl, you have both had great hair growth this year. Keep doing whatever your doing--it's working!

gabrielle2

i didnt have any goals this year for growth and wasnt a part of LHCF...but this is my hair after i was butchered the previous month (12/9/03) <<went for a trim>> /images/graemlins/whip.gif

this is me on 12/8/04...with corn rows in the front and a puff in the back..

J

JenniferMD

Everyone's hair looks great! Here are my comparison pics- Dec. 03' and Dec. 04':

mkstar826

supersonic
GinaG said:
[ QUOTE ]
mkstar826 said:
I always let my hair air dry. The only time I blow it out is to trim, but starting next year I'm going "no heat" as a personal challenge to myself. I'm just going to stretch it out and brush it out for trims. I've never experienced that straw-like feeling a lot of naturals talk about after a blow-out...but I think that's thanks to my technique
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your very lucky not to have experienced the same thing!

Would you advise applying Coconut Oil (virgin) to the hair whilst wet and plaiting it up or would this be too greasy?

For me it works better on wet or damp hair...my hair soaks it right up so there's no greasy feeling :)

Cowgirl

SandySea said:
Wow Stephypoo and Cowgirl, you have both had great hair growth this year. Keep doing whatever your doing--it's working!
Thanks SandySea. I'm striving for that BS by 2006 or late 2005.

SandySea

Before I joined LHCF, I hate to admit it, but I thought that long hair was only for a select few genetically chosen people. I'm so glad you ladies have brought me out of that ignorance (I am still trying to enlighten others). I'm still scared to say bra-strap is my goal. If I can attain my goal of 20", that will be a miracle (>16" currently).

Keep a' growin' everyone!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
gab that alot of growth

here is my picnot quite a whole year i lost my earlier pics and i'm
on a no measure challenge but you get the gist of it:

Attachments

• yrend.jpg
    yrend.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 13