Is your hair a V, U, blunt cut, or uneven??

Is your hair cut/growing in a V shape, U shape, cut even or uneven???

• Total voters
Its uneven due to on top of one side growing slower than the other.. I mean I know you cant really see it in the pic.. but it is I swear :lol:

The chick at Ellen LaVar who cut my hair was trying to "even the lines" but what I ended up with were LAYERS... how's that?:mad:

Unfortunately, my hair's uneven. I gave myself a trim months ago, and recently found out (via my digital cam! :lol: ) that my front-right side is about 1" shorter than the rest of my hair.....:( :mad: :(

I really don't want to even everything up, but sooner or later, I'll have to trim it to match the right side. Guess it's good that I bun it daily, so it's not noticable...

I wish i had a u.. instead i have like an upside down U- the front sides are longer than the back.. the back broke off ridiculously and then i got it cut so that i could get rid of all the broken dead ends-- but the front was so healthy (due to paying more attention to what i could see i guess:ohwell: ) that there wasnt much need to cut.

I figured it couldnt be that bad, when people cut bangs, it seems to grow back to be the full length of hair in no time-- but maybe this doesnt work for the back of the head... or maybe that was just dumb!! what i ended up with was some kinda bob that was shorter in the back and long on the sides... Now that it is past shoulder length, i just wish it would catch up.. But NOOO the front keeps getting longer... i could cut things to even it up, but its so hard to chop off all the hard work what to do what to do :confused:.... so for now i'll just deal, at least its healthy and full, and the gap is steadily closing.

Mestiza said:
My hair grows uneven b/c the right side grows faster than the left. I've started trimming it again, to try to get it even. It doesn't stay that way for long b/c that right side acts like it's in a race or something. :lol:

Mine too...my back right side is always the longest...

paradise224 said:
I wish i had a u.. instead i have like an upside down U- the front sides are longer than the back.. the back broke off ridiculously and then i got it cut so that i could get rid of all the broken dead ends-- but the front was so healthy (due to paying more attention to what i could see i guess:ohwell: ) that there wasnt much need to cut.

I figured it couldnt be that bad, when people cut bangs, it seems to grow back to be the full length of hair in no time-- but maybe this doesnt work for the back of the head... or maybe that was just dumb!! what i ended up with was some kinda bob that was shorter in the back and long on the sides... Now that it is past shoulder length, i just wish it would catch up.. But NOOO the front keeps getting longer... i could cut things to even it up, but its so hard to chop off all the hard work what to do what to do :confused:.... so for now i'll just deal, at least its healthy and full, and the gap is steadily closing.

:eek: My hair does the exact same thing!!

I guess its a U-shape..... but not by choice. It kind of grew into that after the blunt cut grew out. Im not unhappy with it though.... its cool. :)

My hair is trimmed even. I don't know if my hair ever grows in a U or V shape. I'll have to give it some time.

Blunt,blunt, blunt all the way! I love the look of a nice clean line and it really helps with movement.

The only down side is that people always think I just cut my hair. Well, not sistas. Sistas know the deal. But my white coworkers say "Oh, did you cut your hair?" even though its getting longer.

That being said I am fighting a tendency for my hair to grow in a V shape. It actually slightly v shaped. The back is slightly longer than the front but its barely noticable. I only notice it because I'm all up in my hair.

My hair is in an uneven bob if that makes any sense. Being natural you can't tell at all.

Quite uneven. The left grows slower than the right and the front grows faster than the back.

I just did a bit if a BC in the back so it like a long swing bob. I guess its an upsidedown U,longer on the sides than the back.

Mines is blunt cut and it pretty much stays like, so I don't have to cut even to often. I would lie the the V or U shape.

uneven layers but at this point in time I prefer it that way because it gives my hair depth. I think my hair would look like a big blob if all of my hair was one length.

Bump...

1.5 years later, I still have the "V" :lol:

For some reason, I don't mind it as much anymore...I think I may try the "U" once I get closer to waist length, but I can live with the "V" :up:

my hair is uneven in the back, the right side is longer by almost two inches than the left. I just recently trimmed the front even. Once the shorter side grows a little longer then I am gonna cut to even it off. Maybe in the U shape.

I've got the 'V' action in my hair's shrunken state. That's how my hair grows so I think cutting it to make it even would be a futile effort. I like layers anyway.

My hair grows uneven but I usually try to keep it cut blunt. I'm getting tired of it being blunt so I'm trying to slowly cut it into a V.

Divine Inspiration said:
Bump...

1.5 years later, I still have the "V" :lol:

For some reason, I don't mind it as much anymore...I think I may try the "U" once I get closer to waist length, but I can live with the "V" :up:
I like your V. That's how I want mine to look.

I don't remember how I voted but I think my hair is hopelessly V shaped. The back of my hair grows faster and I already have a tail.

Oh well.....

I voted other, since mine is more of a lower case "n" but u can't tell because I am a rollerset queen! So the curls camoflauge this and I also wear twist/braid outs..so all u see is curly length. I am not trimming my hair to even it up until I reach my APL goal.. and even when I reach that I still probably won't cut it!! since my ends are basically healthy already.

Back