I did it!!! I BIG CHOPPED!! (pics!)

silenttullip

I would say take a few pics without any product or styling and then type it... with gel and styling it looks about 3a/3b but usually denmans and gels make curls flatter and a little elongated. I think you're probably a 3c when product free

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I never really BC'd but my hair looked a lot like this when it was shorter.
Congrats on your BC. Enjoy experimenting with your new hair.

MsLauren

umm OP you know you have type 3 hair like...comeon now....lol

Nope I never knew. I was natural most of my life but I used heat every single day so my curls never reverted back. This is the first time in my life I ever saw my true curl pattern. I can't keep my hands out of it :lol:

0live0il

@MsLauren - Congrats on your BC.. beautiful!

Your hair looks a bit similar to mine but even better! :lol: My curls looked like a bad jheri curl when I first BC'ed (I bc'ed feb 2011)

Keep us updated :grin:

ETA: Do you use any gel? If so, what type.

Last edited:

MsLauren

0live0il said:
@MsLauren - Congrats on your BC.. beautiful!

Your hair looks a bit similar to mine but even better! :lol: My curls looked like a bad jheri curl when I first BC'ed (I bc'ed feb 2011)

Keep us updated :grin:

ETA: Do you use any gel? If so, what type.

I use the olive oil ecostyler gel.

Leeda.the.Paladin

...um what's going on in here...? :look:

OP, I wouldn't concern myself with hair typing. Just get to know your own hair however you want to classify it. Your hair is very pretty and I know you're happy with your new TWA!

ManeStreet

Gorgeous! I think 3b but hair type can change with length. not drastically but my 1 step. has anyone noticed that? at a certain length your curls loosened. or the opposite if that; when starting with a twa as it grew out the curls tightened once your hair was long enough to rotate around and form a full curl? Its hard to explain..

BostonMaria

Gorgeous! I think 3b but hair type can change with length. not drastically but my 1 step. has anyone noticed that? at a certain length your curls loosened. or the opposite if that; when starting with a twa as it grew out the curls tightened once your hair was long enough to rotate around and form a full curl? Its hard to explain..

I had tighter curls in the beginning. The longer it grows, the wavier it gets.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Pretty hair and like the others have said, there certainly isn't any 4 anything on your head. If I had your hair type, I would transition and BC for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF