I BIG CHOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guyanesesista

And so ends my 17 month transition. Started at 8:30pm and ended at about 10:30pm Valentine's day 2012. Last big chop was June 23rd 2008 at 2am. Can you tell I'm a stickler for documenting these things? The relaxed ends were getting too thin so I didn't feel the need to hold on to them anymore. My hair is not the length I want it to be which is armpit but it's close so I'll take it. I put my hair in my wash day pony tails and snipped away. Some straight ends are still in there somewhere but I'll leave those to fall off on their own and I may have clipped more natural hair off in some areas. Eh well... My length before this was pretty much the same as my siggy pic.

TA-TA-DA-DAAAA!!!!!! Single strand knots here I come!!!!!!!

Blog also updated.

Attachments

• SAM_1064 - Copy.jpg
    SAM_1064 - Copy.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 465
  • SAM_1068 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_1068 - Copy.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 407
  • SAM_1070 - Copy.jpg
    SAM_1070 - Copy.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 421
  • SAM_1083 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_1083 - Copy.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 435
  • SAM_1087.JPG
    SAM_1087.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
ooh congrats! your hair looks so thick

Single strand knots here I come!!!!!!!

don't know whether to laugh or cry

You did a great job and your hair looks great! Yea, those ssks... :(

However, you are also about to have so much fun with your hair!

I literally went, "Oh, Wow, Hmm, Nice" with each pic :lol:

Congrats. I dont know how much longer I will go before doing the same.

Can't say I'm surprised, you been itching to cut forever :lol: Congrats on the BC, I can't wait to see your twists & twistouts & braided styles!! :yay:

I'm gonna be honest. I got a little scared of your first pic. I kept wondering if that's how relaxed ends start to look the longer your new growth gets? Or was it because your hair was wet? I mean I'm already tripping when I look at my own hair seeing the vast difference the two textures. But if I decide to let it grow out to waist length before chopping, I dont think I could handle my hair looking thick and lush up top, but 10 strands of relaxed hair to my whole head on the bottom. BUT at the same time... so what :lol: maybe that's what it will take for me to bc and be DONE with it.

Back