I did it!!! I BIG CHOPPED!! (pics!)

Garner

Congratulations!!! Your hair is beautiful! I know you are loving the ease of working with your natural hair vs. the two textures.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I transitioned for 6 months and I couldn't take it anymore!!! The breakage was clogging my drains and when I would look at my thin relaxed ends I was thinking to myself "What am I holding onto this thin hair for?" So I cowashed my hair Saturday night and went at it with my shears!

This was my hair 2 months into my transition. My ends were a MESS!!!

This is after my big chop. All I did was define the curls with a little gel and my denman brush! I'm still finding some relaxed ends that I may have missed during the cut :lol:

And this is after my friend put two strand twists thoughout my hair.

I LOVE MY HAIR! I should have cut it sooner!!! :lol:

And can anyone tell me what hair type my curls are?? I was told it was 4A/B but I don't really know...

^^^^^oh boy....

Ecostyler. The olive oil one!

congrats...your hair looks good! I like that gel; I use it sometimes too.

candy626

Very pretty. Your hair is the exact same curl pattern as my SO, Definitely 3a/3b mix. Who in the world said you were a type 4?

manter26

Your hair looks a lot healthier/shinier after the cut. Definitely in the 3 range. I would guess 3B all over with some 3A up front.

MsLauren

Now this is my 2nd day hair and my hair is fully dried with some gel. Does it still look like 3a/b to you ladies? TIA

Attachments

• image-1515962655.jpg
    image-1515962655.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 151
  • image-3138310252.jpg
    image-3138310252.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Julessy

Congratulations girl! I am currently close to 11 months post and I am feeling like I can't take it anymore either. I was originally planning to wait two years post to BC, but quite frankly, this transitioning process is very tiring and I just wanna get started with my natural hair journey...so I may just end up BC'ing on my one year anniversary!

Anyway, your hair looks gorge! Good luck on your journey...

LoveisYou

OP stop playing, you know you have type 3 hair - not like it matters, but come on now.

Anyhoo, your hair is beautiful