Can I ask a DUMB question

I have one, I am in braids and I think once I did read a post about growth. My question is is it true that you measure yr growth in the braids from the base of the braid to the new growth on how loose it is? Meaning if I braid or rebraid a braid I have noticed within 2 weeks I have a half inch of new growth. It is so loose where I have to rebraid it. I hope this is not confusing. Or since I normally wear my braids pulled together in a pony tail could it be that I have stretched out the braid extension and my hair is more exposed? Giving the illusion of growth.

I have one, I am in braids and I think once I did read a post about growth. My question is is it true that you measure yr growth in the braids from the base of the braid to the new growth on how loose it is? Meaning if I braid or rebraid a braid I have noticed within 2 weeks I have a half inch of new growth. It is so loose where I have to rebraid it. I hope this is not confusing. Or since I normally wear my braids pulled together in a pony tail could it be that I have stretched out the braid extension and my hair is more exposed? Giving the illusion of growth.

I wouldn't attribute all half an inch to new growth in two weeks. I'm sure your hair would have grown some in two weeks, so some would be growth, some would be where the extension has slipped back. I guess it depends on how you braid. Some may braids a bit tight so that there's not that much slippage, therefore their measurements wouldn't be too far off. Whereas some braids more loosely and measuring in that manner might be a bit more inaccurate. Maybe you could just measure only when your hair doesn't have an extension in it. That way you don't have to worry about the slippage.

I wouldn't get too caught up in measurements though.

I wouldn't attribute all half an inch to new growth in two weeks. I'm sure your hair would have grown some in two weeks, so some would be growth, some would be where the extension has slipped back. I guess it depends on how you braid. Some may braids a bit tight so that there's not that much slippage, therefore their measurements wouldn't be too far off. Whereas some braids more loosely and measuring in that manner might be a bit more inaccurate. Maybe you could just measure only when your hair doesn't have an extension in it. That way you don't have to worry about the slippage.

I wouldn't get too caught up in measurements though.
As a matter of fact I braid tight enough to where there would not be slippage. It tells me where I am going in growth, but I also see yr point.

Hi! When I say PS (Protective Style)...

I know because I'm a (PROTECTIVE STYLE) Junkie...lol Buns,Braids & Twists!

Happy Hair Growing!

i got one (or a couple). who is Niko's cousin? and why do people want to meet him/her?

and for that matter....who is Niko?:perplexed is it like a inside joke?

i got one (or a couple). who is Niko's cousin? and why do people want to meet him/her?

If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see this: Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net

When you want to ask someone if they know about LHCF but don't want to look stupid, you ask if they're Nikos's cousin.

Nikos' "cousin" is anyone who belongs to LHCF. Most of the ladies enjoy spotting or meeting other women who belong to the forum.

Nikos Dimopoulos is the site maintenance administrator. His name is found at the very bottom of the webpage. Occasionally he'll pop into a thread and answer pertinent questions related to the operation of the site.

everytime i see the title of this thread i always think: "Better than anyone i know", i got that off a tv show or movie. its always makes me smile

Me too! I think I heard it on an episode of Golden Girls...lol. Anyway my dumb question is how is rollersetting not direct heat, and better for your hair than blow drying? It takes an hour plus to rollerset my hair and only 15 minutes to blow dry.

Me too! I think I heard it on an episode of Golden Girls...lol. Anyway my dumb question is how is rollersetting not direct heat, and better for your hair than blow drying? It takes an hour plus to rollerset my hair and only 15 minutes to blow dry.

I remember that.:lol: Dorothy said that to Rose. I miss that show...:sad:

If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see this: Site Maintenance Nikos Dimopoulos - www.niden.net

When you want to ask someone if they know about LHCF but don't want to look stupid, you ask if they're Nikos's cousin.

Nikos' "cousin" is anyone who belongs to LHCF. Most of the ladies enjoy spotting or meeting other women who belong to the forum.

Nikos Dimopoulos is the site maintenance administrator. His name is found at the very bottom of the webpage. Occasionally he'll pop into a thread and answer pertinent questions related to the operation of the site.

thank you ladies! now i feel like i'm not out of the loop!:drunk:

Back