Can I ask a DUMB question

jamaicalovely

Okay...have you ever been on a thread and always had a question that you wanted to ask, but just too embarrassed to do so???

Alright, here's your opportunity to ask that question and not seem like a complete idiot. We promise not to laugh unless you ask "What is LHCF?"

I'll start it off...

What is that "Pink Challenge" thingie that I always see on member's siggy?

Last edited:
What's the difference between texlaxing and texturizing?:spinning:

Texlax - using a relaxer (instead of a texturizer) to loosen the natural curls in the hair.

Texturizing - using ANY form of relaxer (including texturizers) to loosen the natural curls in the hair.

There's an overlap... but that's how I understand it.

I already like this thread :yep:

I got one. What does "IRL" mean? I can't figure it out, and I'm sure once one of you ladies give me the answer I'm gonna feel stoopid :lol:

How do u seal in the moisture? Do u put on your moisturizer and then rub some oil over your hair?:drunk::spinning::ohwell::sad:

Under some people's screen names will be "Team SomethingorOther". What's that about?

Here's another question, don't know if you can answer it, what the hayel am I doing up at this time of the night/morning?

Last edited:
great thread! ..wish I had seen something like this a few days ago... I spent hours browsing around and learning all these new terms etc... a few days ago, I had MANY "dumb" questions.

Under some people's screen names will be "Team SomethingorOther". What's that about?

Here's another question, don't know if you can answer it, what the hayel am I doing up at this time of the night/morning?

You're on your own w/that one! :lachen:

not sleeping, i know that much... :lol: probably feeding your hair forum addiction (didn't know i knew that about you huh :drunk: )

I think Dominican blowouts are for natural hair, but can you go to them if you are transitioning(a little relaxer on the ends)? I wanted to start a thread about this, but thought everyone would figure that everyone else knew the answer.:look:

I think Dominican blowouts are for natural hair, but can you go to them if you are transitioning(a little relaxer on the ends)? I wanted to start a thread about this, but thought everyone would figure that everyone else knew the answer.:look:

A friend of mine is transitioning and doing just that. From the looks of her hair, she looks like a 4B, so it's possible.

Yep, you can get a Dom blowout is you're stretching or transitioning :yep:

My kind of thread.. :grin:

so .. what is IMO?
Chelating?? Is that like Clarifying...
How do you bump a thread?

Honestly, I just type the word bump with some characters.. and I think it gets moved.

What is that hard stuff that people put on their nails at the salon. It dries clear and has to be dryed with a UV light I think. Its quick and the nails come out beautiful. It isnt acrylic either..

wow Ihave so many questions.
They will come out through out the day. lol
I garuntee.

I have a lot of blonde moments on here.

My kind of thread.. :grin:

so .. what is IMO?
Chelating?? Is that like Clarifying...
How do you bump a thread?

Honestly, I just type the word bump with some characters.. and I think it gets moved.

What is that hard stuff that people put on their nails at the salon. It dries clear and has to be dryed with a UV light I think. Its quick and the nails come out beautiful. It isnt acrylic either..

wow Ihave so many questions.
They will come out through out the day. lol
I garuntee.

I have a lot of blonde moments on here.

Ahhhh ha!!!! im using ETA Bumping is replying to a thread to make it the newest thread everyone will see

In my opinion... at least i new one:lachen:

Back