Can I ask a DUMB question

What do Caucasian people use for a hard/strong protein treatment?

I know we use Aphogee, Duo Tex, DRC, and Neutral Protein Filler. But, what do the "others" use?

I don't know about yt women, but one of my best friends is Mexican. In the 8 plus years we have been friends..I have never known her do a protein treatment. She has grown hair to her booty, cut it to her shoulders, and grown it back out to booty length again....all using Shea Moisture shampoo, conditioner & oil. (The brown label stuff) She's the one that put me on to them.

@lulu97, does she do any chemical services, like color etc.

No....no chemicals. She washes every 2-3 days, wears her hair in 1 big french braid and only wears it down and out for special occasions. The last time I saw it down was when she came to the hospital after I had my baby and he is over 1 1/2. LOL

Edited to add: She doesn't use heat either. Her hair is wavy to loose curly, so she can put her hair in a low bun after washing and it would be pin straight when she took it down.

Last edited:
No....no chemicals. She washes every 2-3 days, wears her hair in 1 big french braid and only wears it down and out for special occasions. The last time I saw it down was when she came to the hospital after I had my baby and he is over 1 1/2. LOL
Okay, what do your bottle blond friends use?

The folks I know use strengthening shampoos, conditioners, masks, and serums by Clear, Pantene, OGX, Proganix, and Tresemme.
But they definitely don't think of it as doing a protein treatment in the sense that I do.

@charmtreese, so they don't ever need hard core protein treatments?

That's kind of hard to answer based on race alone. But normally hair that is less porous is less likely to need hard core protein. Since straighter hair cuticles tend to lay tight and flat, protein treatments will become more beneficial to this hair type after color, lifting treatments or excessive heat. In my experience a protein mask or a reconstructer performed weekly until the hair strengthens is sufficient.

That's kind of hard to answer based on race alone. But normally hair that is less porous is less likely to need hard core protein. Since straighter hair cuticles tend to lay tight and flat, protein treatments will become more beneficial to this hair type after color, lifting treatments or excessive heat. In my experience a protein mask or a reconstructer performed weekly until the hair strengthens is sufficient.
Thank you for the explanation!

What the happened to these codes?:
:dollar:
:blowkiss:
:reddancer:

They don't work anymore! Are they no longer available?

Back