Can I ask a DUMB question

LOOOOVVVVEEEEE this thread!!! Can yall tell me what all the the hair lengths are... please? BSL, APl... ect...

Found on BHM
What's APL, SL, NL, MBL, EL, and WL?
A: These are terms for lengths where the hair reaches. ArmPit Length, Shoulder Length, Neck Length, MidBack Length, Ear Length, and Waist Length

Sorry if this was asked before but, I put in my work reading all the posts thru yesterday. Maybe there's 50-11 more since. But, what are you using to edit your pics to put in the straight lines across the backs? I've been using photobucket to edit but can't get those lines. TIA (Thanks in advance).

Sorry if this was asked before but, I put in my work reading all the posts thru yesterday. Maybe there's 50-11 more since. But, what are you using to edit your pics to put in the straight lines across the backs? I've been using photobucket to edit but can't get those lines. TIA (Thanks in advance).

I'd like to know this too:yep:.

I've done it in Powerpoint (insert the pic & the draw the line across the pic). You can also do it in MS Paint or Photoshop if you have it.

This may sound silly, but...

I want to go natural from here on out, But does being "Natural" mean no flat ironing or pressing whatsoever, Or just no texturizer and relaxers?

I want to go natural from here on out, But does being "Natural" mean no flat ironing or pressing whatsoever, Or just no texturizer and relaxers?

I'm about 99.9% sure it just means no permanent chemical processes like a relaxer or texturizer. I don't think color is included in that either. I don't know what the verdict is on BK treatments.

I'm about 99.9% sure it just means no permanent chemical processes like a relaxer or texturizer. I don't think color is included in that either. I don't know what the verdict is on BK treatments.

Thanks! I can swallow no chemicals on my hair easier then no heat whatsoever,lol...

i think natural means something different to a lot of people. but on here it means no texture altering chemicals. so no relaxers, texturizers .....

speaking of texturizers, i always thought it was just a relaxer you left on for less time. but i was in the bss a few days ago and saw a product called texturizer.

Can somebody tell me what the heck is "setting" ones hair??
to set the hair means to put it in a style where it has to sit for a while before it is done. for example: a roller set, you have to sit under the dryer before its done. or a twist out, the twists has to stay in for a few hours before it is "set" enough for a twist out.
i think most "sets" are done on wet have. but it can be done on dry hair too.

Man this thread is the BOMB!!! :cup: Thank you sooo much OP for started this :urock:

Ok, my 2 dumb questions...

1. When using gel (Fantasia IC to be exact) do you have to wash ( poo or cowash ) your hair FIRST to get rid the product if you wanted to do a deep Conditioner on DRY hair ???

2. When using cone products, like NTM silk touch leave in as a moisturizer ( that has cones in it right ?) do you have to poo your hair? I normally only co-wash, is that sufficient enough? I dont want product build-up

Is wheat protein a moisturizing or a light/medium/ protein ?
I read that its light, maybe medium...
Man this thread is the BOMB!!! :cup: Thank you sooo much OP for started this :urock:

Ok, my 2 dumb questions...

1. When using gel (Fantasia IC to be exact) do you have to wash ( poo or cowash ) your hair FIRST to get rid the product if you wanted to do a deep Conditioner on DRY hair ???

2. When using cone products, like NTM silk touch leave in as a moisturizer ( that has cones in it right ?) do you have to poo your hair? I normally only co-wash, is that sufficient enough? I don't want product build-up

if a product has -cones then you need to poo or use something else to remove the build-up. Co-washing will be ineffective with cones on the hair.

I am stumped on this one: If I add high quality ingredients such as shea butter and jojoba and all that good stuff to regular/instant conditioner, haven't I turned it into a deep conditioner of salon quality standards?? Or is that logic too good to be true?

Also, protein treatments...light/medium/heavy? Huh?? If I throw an egg in some condish is it light medium? what if I throw in 2 eggs?? Is it the grams of protein or the type?? (wheat? silk amino? collagen? keratin?) HUH??:huh::dizzy:

My kind of thread.. :grin:

so .. what is IMO?
Chelating?? Is that like Clarifying...
How do you bump a thread?

Honestly, I just type the word bump with some characters.. and I think it gets moved.

What is that hard stuff that people put on their nails at the salon. It dries clear and has to be dryed with a UV light I think. Its quick and the nails come out beautiful. It isnt acrylic either..

wow Ihave so many questions.
They will come out through out the day. lol

I garuntee.

I have a lot of blonde moments on here.

I got the nail one!... Its a UV gel that cures under UV light. The shine lasts a whole two weeks. Really, it can be done over acrylic or natural nails... found this link for info. http://www.hooked-on-nails.com/uvgel.html I loved mine... no sitting and waiting for nails to dry, the gel cures in 2 minutes I think. I loved my nails!

I am stumped on this one: If I add high quality ingredients such as shea butter and jojoba and all that good stuff to regular/instant conditioner, haven't I turned it into a deep conditioner of salon quality standards?? Or is that logic too good to be true?

Also, protein treatments...light/medium/heavy? Huh?? If I throw an egg in some condish is it light medium? what if I throw in 2 eggs?? Is it the grams of protein or the type?? (wheat? silk amino? collagen? keratin?) HUH??:huh::dizzy:

Bumping for ya....

I'm not a veteran member but I would say yes. I've had great experience adding high quality ingredients to regular condish. However I make sure the reg condish is natural or at least has no cones or mineral oil either. I don't want my add-on to react badly to the other chemicals.

Re: protein, my research found that animal protein = med/heavy and vegetable protein = light. But there are probably degrees within that. I've never tried egg, but my hair likes frequent light protein treatments and I use yogurt mixed with Ayurvedic powders.

The Natural Haven is a good blog for info on the science of hair. Here's a link to her post on protein: http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/06/size-matters-protein-conditioning-part.html

sisterlocks are small dreadlocks. the woman below is wearing sisterlocks. she is also the official founder of sisterlocks

moz-screenshot-8.png
moz-screenshot-9.png
moz-screenshot-10.png
DrCPurpleSideSmall.jpg

Back