Can I ask a DUMB question

1. What does NTM mean?
2. Do you have to be fully natural in order for WNGs to look good? Or else you would just have part kinky hair and then part straight hair?
3. What does TIA mean?

NTM = neutrogena triple moisture
For my hair yes...I cannot even think about doing a WNG and I'm almost 1 yr post.
Thanks in Advance

How long do you leave in mega tek before washing it out? I only wash once a week and was wondering if I can apply it every other day w/o suffering from breakage?

Some put the mega tek only on their scalp and some put it directly on the hair to be washed out the same day. Some apply to the scalp with oils a couple of times a week and then wash. HTH

How long do you leave in mega tek before washing it out? I only wash once a week and was wondering if I can apply it every other day w/o suffering from breakage?

When I used megatek, I applied it every day and washed once a week with no problems. However, everyone is different; some people get a lot of build if they use it that frequently without washing. Also, my hair loves protein, so if you're protein sensitive it may cause some problems. HTH :)

When I use MT, I use it as a rinse -out conditioner ...however, if you are not suffering from any type of shedding then u should be okay. I would increase ur washes to twice a week to prevent any type of build up....

Also when washing use a moisturizing condish to prevent protein overload

HTH

When naturals press/flat iron, how do you keep you hair moisturized without reverting?

I'll sometimes dab a smidgen of conditioner on the very ends of my hair and then layer some oil over that. I NEVER moisturize the roots and expect no reversion.

When I use MT, I use it as a rinse -out conditioner ...however, if you are not suffering from any type of shedding then u should be okay. I would increase ur washes to twice a week to prevent any type of build up....

Also when washing use a moisturizing condish to prevent protein overload

HTH

Thanks a bunch!!!!!:yep:

Here's my dumb question:

How do you determine your hair type? I thought when I saw people saying they had 4a or 4b types that they were referring to the color of the hair you ask for when buying weave hair??? You know, like 1b for jet black or whatever it is. So wouldn't 4a be light brown or something?

:hammer:

I know this question is old as dust but LMAO!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Not completely sure, but I believe the hair typing system has to deal with the curl/wave pattern and texture of your hair.

Okay here are my dumb questions?

1. What is the chemical in non Formaldehyde BKT?
2. Could your do a BKT without using Straighteners or a Flat Iron but instead just use a blow dyer to "seal" the BKT into the hair? The reason I ask is because I am transitioning and would like to control shrinkage and manageability but not loose volume?

TIA Ladies !

I love this thread, I have always wanted to ask these things but felt silly.

HOw do you all do the pretty pics, especially the comparison pics in your siggy? I just love the little strips w/3 and 4 pics.

How do you post a picture in a thread? I haven't been able to successfully do this.

How do you multiquote?

To Multiquote -

Next to the 'Reply' button is a smaller button that looks like this - a quotation mark w/ a plus sign.

For each post that you want to quote, click on that button once. Once you have clicked all the posts that you want to quote, hit 'Post Reply' and all the quotes should be there.

HTH... :drunk:

I think they are wearing buns

I dont know about pictures...To multiqote there is a button to the right of the qoute button, it has parenthesis i think, and what looks like a peice of white paper with writing on it....You click on that button for everyone you want to qoute, it will turn orage or something, then on the last person you want to quote, press the regualr "qoute" button and it will all apear in the box that you type in.

When you hit quote, at the bottom of the smilie box it says [More]..hit that and a whole buzzillion smilies will come up in another window.

Thanks guys...never knew how to do this.

issy x x x

Okay here are my dumb questions?

1. What is the chemical in non Formaldehyde BKT?
2. Could your do a BKT without using Straighteners or a Flat Iron but instead just use a blow dyer to "seal" the BKT into the hair? The reason I ask is because I am transitioning and would like to control shrinkage and manageability but not loose volume?

TIA Ladies !

yes quoting myself I know and bumping x

It's called Gel nails or solar nails. I am wearing them now. They last longer and it looks so fresh and natural. If you get them done do not let the nail salon put acrylic on before the gel. Tell them you want straight gel on your nails no acrylic.

Been there and done that and aint never afraid to do it again!! hahaah ill ask a dumb question and dont giva Dam who hate it lol loll. you here right? so ask!

Back