Are Naturals out numbering Relaxed Heads on LHCF?

What is your hair?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prisytomboy

Relaxed and loving it!

To answer the question....I'm not sure about naturals out numbering relaxed heads but I will say there is WAY MORE support on LHCF for naturals than relaxed. Let me add...WE get out what WE put in!!! :ohwell:

LovinLea

You know... this board was a part of my decision to go natural, because of the pics of beautiful growing hair and information. Its infectious up in here.

C.I.M.S.

When I started lurking, I went natural within 2 mos. I stayed natural for about two years. Totally not for me. My natural hair texture and density is far beyond what I am willing to maintain day in and day out. However I definitely learned a lot by going through the journey.

Relaxer absolutely killed my mom's hair but she was afraid of the BC. She never visits this board but I took everything I learned here and convinced her to go natural. She has never been happier.

Missigirl

Relaxed checking in. I think it is GREAT!!! To have a choice. With all of the knowledge we can have healthy relaxed or natural hair. None of this is in stone any of us relaxed heads could be transitioning tomorrow or any naturals could be relaxed tomorrow. The main thin is we know what to do to keep our hair on our heads and off the floor.:yep:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Relaxed checking in. I think it is GREAT!!! To have a choice. With all of the knowledge we can have healthy relaxed or natural hair. None of this is in stone any of us relaxed heads could be transitioning tomorrow or any naturals could be relaxed tomorrow. The main thin is we know what to do to keep our hair on our heads and off the floor.:yep:

im about to be texlaxed<--sad, but happy at same time. wow this is emotional becuase i keep looking at my natural hair and wondering how would it be to finally feel hair falling on my lower back. :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed im so back and forth on this. <---bitting nails (literally)

listening to "sent from heaven, keisha cole...(deticated to my natural hair) rocking back and forth, bitting nails

im emotional. ahhhhhhhhhhh i just dont knowwwwwwwwww!!<---needs mental help.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

woahhh, i just realized i havent felt like this since i decided to give up my V**ginity.

in a way, im giving it away all over again, this time its my hair's V.

**Just being real*

Last edited:

<3Curlz

I sorta feel like there are more naturals on here. This march makes 3yrs since I've been natural(I transitioned with weaves,I'm at collarbone I guess). I had a bad experience when I was about 19 with a relaxer that burned pretty much a palm sz patch on the back on my head to the scalp

winnettag

I know only a fraction of the forum has voted, but I am a little surprised by the results.
On the next poll we're going to have to include a BKT'ed option.

ThePerfectScore

im about to be texlaxed<--sad, but happy at same time. wow this is emotional becuase i keep looking at my natural hair and wondering how would it be to finally feel hair falling on my lower back. :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed im so back and forth on this. <---bitting nails (literally)

listening to "sent from heaven, keisha cole...(deticated to my natural hair) rocking back and forth, bitting nails

im emotional. ahhhhhhhhhhh i just dont knowwwwwwwwww!!<---needs mental help.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

woahhh, i just realized i havent felt like this since i decided to give up my V**ginity.

in a way, im giving it away all over again, this time its my hair's V.

**Just being real*

Psssh Iwish virginity was something you could chop off and grow again! Girl Texlax dat hair! See how you like it! I love hair b/c nothing is permanent... Usually :look:... either way you do your hair LHCF gotcha covered.... a wealth of knowledge to keep ya cute! :grin:

kittykhat

Psssh Iwish virginity was something you could chop off and grow again! Girl Texlax dat hair! See how you like it! I love hair b/c nothing is permanent... Usually :look:... either way you do your hair LHCF gotcha covered.... a wealth of knowledge to keep ya cute! :grin:

I totally agree!

ajoyfuljoy

I am relaxed. I have thought about whether I should be natural or relaxed for a while. My relaxed hair is super easy and I'm basically on auto pilot with it. So I think I will stay relaxed. I want to see how long it can get :)

julzinha

This is interesting. When I wanted to grow my hair long I was already natural, but I wanted to grow it long then relax it. Then I found this board and decided I am NEVER relaxing my hair again. Because all of the natural ladies have showed me the versatility of natural hair and its beauty!

Aviah

Dang, 421 Natural, with presumably 130 on the way to it. That is a bigger majority than last time...

Khaiya

This sums it AAAALL up! What you do with your hair is a style decision that only you can make, we got options so if you want to explore go for it! I'm not saying i'd never relax again cause i know it would be different now that i know how to take care of it. I dont want to deal with chemicals when i'm pregnant though and hopefully that will be soon:rolleyes: thats part of the reason i wanted to stop relaxing.

And as i said before, its impossible to have the same strength relaxed as natural, it just is cause u alter your hair. Your hair might still be strong but it wont be as strong and i miss the strength i had so i'm on my way back to natural. But DO YOU! I know i drool a great deal over relaxed hair and natural hair its the health that matters so whatever you choose to do is nobody's business but yours.

angellike

i'm relaxed but i want to go natural because i've been relaxed since a very young age and i don't want to go all of my life not knowing the true texture of my hair. i love all types of hair and have yet to comb, style and take care of the hair the God gave me. i feel like i relax my hair just because i always have. with that said, i also don't want to go natural because i feel like i just figured out how to achieve healthy relaxed hair and its working. it will probably be years till i go natural but, i will someday

swimfan09

Hi there! I am currently relaxed, 1-2 inches from APL. Believe it or not, my relaxed hair takes my abuse and neglect better than my natural hair! This board is a blessing because I am learning so much about hair care.

Year ago, I discovered after having a wrist injury that leaving my hair alone would add to it's health - after not curling and drying constantly.

I guess I am lucky to have a stylist who will not over process my hair - I have begun to go in for touch ups 8-9 weeks and hope to strech it more. One of my goals is to take even better care of my hair both internally and externally.

I am so glad for this board and the wonderfulness of its members! I embrace any choice a woman has for her hair as long as it is healthy!

Foufie

I went natural because a year ago I started taking care of my body. I wanted to be the healthiest me I could be. I had reading on these boards because I wanted to grow my hair down my back when I ran across naturals. That is when I realized hair and body go hand in hand. I only (90% of the time) out fresh fruits and veggies and unprocessed foods in my body so why should I treat my hair any different. I want to be healthy thru and thru.

Kimiche

I'm relaxed and I plan on being that way for a long time. As of right now I have no real want to be natural because if I were I would just wear my hair straight all the time and that would probably do more damage to my hair than just getting it relaxed every few months.

I feel you. I'm relaxed as well and I'm sticking with it. My natural hair is a real beast, it's hard to manage and it sucks up moisture like nothing. I would go natural if I had a different texture of hair that was easier to manage. I've had a lot of complaints while I was growing up about my hair being too thick/coarse etc. :nono:

Lyoness

444 naturals and 133 transitioning?!?!

Imagine all those fotki's!!!!!!!!!! *dribbles*

Not neglecting the relaxed/tex heads but *dribbles*

mscocoface

Natural, thick, with much attituuuuuude and shrinkage that would make many woman cry their eyes out.

It is what it is and it is all mine. :yep:

pringe

ok so im a natural head, been so for over 5 years but does it really matter?

Isn't the point of the point of this board to educate us on growing and retaining long healthy hair care?

I don't really think it makes a difference for me. i've learned lots from both natural and relaxed heads on here so idk for me i don't care either way

Theo

I'm natural and have been so for about 4.5 years. I have thought time and time again about going back to relaxers, even though I love my hair.

Either way, it is nice to see all the women moving towards natural hair. I think the trend on the board mirrors reality.