Another Self Relax Question

newsgrl

The instructions for Phyto Index 1 says to start a timer as soon as the relaxer first touches your head.(It says application should take 5 to 7 minutes.) The relaxer shouldn't stay on longer than 20 minutes. Here's my question: Should the timer begin as soon as I start, or after I apply the relaxer to my entire head? I'm asking because it doesn't make since to me. It takes me quite a while to apply it (I'm a beginner and I'm trying to be careful. I was still on my second section of hair at 10 minutes!).If I wash it out at 20 minutes, the relaxer hasn't had time to "take" on some parts of my hair. Help me please...

Elizabeth26

I lay everything out that I will be using for my relaxer and put my glove on the right hand. Then I start the timer when I get ready to apply the relaxer. I make the required time because I relax in sections. I wouldn't be able to make the time if I tried to relax my whole head at once because I don't move that fast. Have you tried relaxing your hair in sections ?

amy1234

To me, it starts as soon as you apply the relaxer, hence you should be quick when applying so the relaxer can do its job in that amount of time.

NeeSee

Like Dee said it starts a soon as you apply the relaxer. I don't know if you have ever used this relaxer before but if you haven't I'm here to tell you the time limit in the instructions may not be enough. This relaxer is very very mild.