Mizani Thermasmooth

inthepink

Has anyone heard about this new selection of products from Mizan? It's supposed to be specifically targeted to women who want to straighten their naturally curly hair or to extend a relaxer. There's not much info on the website but it seems as though it only premiered in June.

Belle Du Jour

I read about it on a beauty blog where the blogger saw Mizani reps use it on a type 4 fro and relaxed hair, and both ended up looking the same. She gave it the thumbs up.

morehairplease

ladies I got a chance to try this system today and all I can say is that it is AWESOME! My hair is silky straight, bouncy, and most of all if LOOKS like I have a fresh relaxer....this kit is awesome.

ShaniKeys

tishee said:
ladies I got a chance to try this system today and all I can say is that it is AWESOME! My hair is silky straight, bouncy, and most of all if LOOKS like I have a fresh relaxer....this kit is awesome.
Oh waw...I'm in awe...maybe I'll give it a chance after all:)

I bought like 5 of the touch-up kits from an ULTA store. These little things are so hard to find!!!! That is the only place that I found that actually sells them. I was thinking of using this line to stretch or just to transition all together!!!!! I am still in limbo as you can see :grin:. Anywho, I will keep you ladies posted with my results. I gotta get outta these twists first and I paid good money for them, so they are not coming down any time soon!:lachen:

Crissi

You know i seen this in my blackhair magazine, its meant to be really good, i'd like to try this when i get some hair, it sounds better than the ORS version, i have a friend who use to use the ORS version, it didnt really do jack TBH, it did the same thing as a regular pressing comb (her hair is HARD to straighten). Oh Tishee do you have pics?!

Crissi, x

BeautifulNameX

I have a friend who said she used it her hair looks sooo nice and pretty. but i know i can never find the shampoo and conditioner but i see the leave in stuff around.

HighlyFavored1

My stylist uses mostly Mizani products and when I went there in December I saw her using this system on a ladies hair. The womans hair was natural...4-something, and her hair came out really straight and smooth! After she washed with the Thermasmooth shampoo and conditioner, she blowdried it while detangling. While she was flat ironing, she was spraying the Thermasmooth serum on each section. I was pretty impressed with how straight her hair came out.

But I didn't know it could be used to extend relaxers, thought it was just for natural hair, has anyone used it to extend their relaxer stretch?

Nice & Wavy

I saw this in Ulta about a month ago. I picked it up and looked at it...don't know why I put it back down, but I think maybe I'll go back tommorrow and pick it up and try it over the weekend.

Precious_P

I purchased the kit at a hair show in Atlanta last in October. I use it when I'm stretching my relaxers and it works wonders. I love it.

Nice & Wavy

Re: UPDATE: Mizani Thermasmooth

Well, on Saturday I went to Ulta and picked it up. I washed and conditioned with the products and used the thermasmooth before I air-dryed. I then flatironed each section after spraying with the thermaspray.

The results: AMAZING!!! I wish I could show you guys what my hair looked like afterwards. I did take pics, but can't show my hair until April 1st (challenge). My hair was soft and much straighter than any other product I've used on my hair prior to straightening it.

The one thing I noticed too is that, while I was flatironing, my hair didn't have that powerful "sizzling" sound that you get with alot of the heat protectors. It was nice and I didn't have to go over each section twice...once did the trick.

I think that I'm going to continue to use this, but I think that I'll get a Maxiglide to go along with it instead of the iron I now use.

Well, that's my update. Anyone else used it yet?

morehairplease

hi ladies,

Just getting back in town and checking the forum. I took pics over the weekend and will post them once my DH gets home.

Nice & Wavy

tishee said:
hi ladies,

Just getting back in town and checking the forum. I took pics over the weekend and will post them once my DH gets home.

I'm so excited...can't wait to see your pics.:p