The "Cross-Wrap" put my "Flat Iron" to shame

Missi

I relaxed my hair on Monday after my 12 week stretch and I was so excited to flat iron my hair so I can update my fotki. I took my pics and realized my hairs length didn't go anyway. I was mad and just went to bed so I didn't want to wrap my hair...all that combing and manipulating...so I told myself "lets do that cross-wrap" and myself said "sure..lets try". I woke up in the morning and took down my cross wrap and look.

BEFORE and 14 hours AFTER

Last edited:

ekomba

What is the cross-wrap :confused: how u do that? i never managed to wrap my hair in the past i would love to know how you do that cross wrap?;) :p :D

Divine Inspiration

ekomba said:
What is the cross-wrap :confused: how u do that? i never managed to wrap my hair in the past i would love to know how you do that cross wrap?;) :p :D

I start out by seperating my hair into two sections like I'm about to do pigtails. Then I pull the right side to the left and the left side to the right. I smooth the two sides against my head and use a duckbill clip to keep them in place. I put my scarf over my hair, then I gently tie the scarf. I remove the clips then finish tying the scarf. In the morning, I remove, lightly finger comb, and voila! Straight hair with a nice bend minus the stress of wrapping.

Did that make sense? :look:

ekomba

Divine Inspiration said:
I start out by seperating my hair into two sections like I'm about to do pigtails. Then I pull the right side to the left and the left side to the right. I smooth the two sides against my head and use a duckbill clip to keep them in place. I put my scarf over my hair, then I gently tie the scarf. I remove the clips then finish tying the scarf. In the morning, I remove, lightly finger comb, and voila! Straight hair with a nice bend minus the stress of wrapping.

Awwww thank you so much Divine Inspiration!!! by the way how u been chica mouah! i m gonna save the instructions it s way much simpler and hassle free i hate the wrapping too complicated and me nothing stays in place or look good. yes it made sense! u 're a sweetheart!;) :D :p

Divine Inspiration

ekomba said:
Awwww thank you so much Divine Inspiration!!! by the way how u been chica mouah! i m gonna save the instructions it s way much simpler and hassle free i hate the wrapping too complicated and me nothing stays in place or look good. yes it made sense! u 're a sweetheart!;) :D :p

Howdy! :wave:

I'm doing great. Looks like you are too. :)

Yeah, crosswrapping is addictive because it's so much easier and healthier than using a brush or comb to wrap the hair.

Enjoy!

Missi

ekomba said:

thats why I decided to do the cross wrap....I rarely had to comb my hair and another lady in another thread says she uses her finger to part her hair down the middle. I think the cross-wrap became the new generation bed-time style:)

Isis

You did great, WillyGWifey! :up: What I love about cross-wrapping (and I've only done it a few times recently), it how easy it is to do and it's safe too.:)

jrae

Divine Inspiration said:

Yes, that makes sense! Thanks, DI, I'm gonna try it tonight.

Isis

OT: Ekomba, you and your hair are looking even more gorgeous in your pics and your hair continues to grow fast! :yep::up:

Bmack

ekomba said:

Sidebar: your skin is beautiful!

ekomba

I hear u WillyGwifey!!! i m gonna try this tonight! by the way your hair is beauuuutiful!

aww Thank you Isis!!!!:D :p :) lol its really growing fast and this time i can really feel it lol each time i remove my braided ponytail it seems longer it s mostly the vits and not manipulating the hair and plus i m not gonna lie i m ashamed to admit it but i wash my hair once a month lately:eek: except when i henna indigo so it makes it twice but i m so lazy once i flatiron and put in a ponytail i just add oil to moisturize and scarf.:lol: I did twists once last month but it was so exhausting and took me sooooooo long now i just do them to airdry once i wash once a month but i m too tired the more the hair gets longer. i m gonna start to bun and keep it low maintenance.:)

Bmack said:
Sidebar: your skin is beautiful!

Thank you Bmack!!!!:p :D i use the amla powder as a mask that Den recommended me. It leaves my face glowing and soft like a baby. I make a paste with it and apply on my face and follow with a spf 15 sunscreen creme. The amla powder box is green with an indian lady on it and green apples; it s called Hesh Amla powder Dark and healthy hair naturally. On the back of the box it says:

"Briefly Hesh Amla powder has the following advantage: promotes hair growth; prevents hair fall; cures scalp infection; controls premature graying of hair; brightens complexion; removes pimples and grime.

ingredients: Amla powder (indian gooseberry/Emblic Myrobalan)"

lollllll that s so funny imagine each time i do the amla for my hair lol i also do the mask for my face hahahhaha:lachen: :grin: :lol: like a grand total treatment it makes your face look awake lol it glows more:lol:

AKA-Tude

WillyGWifey said:
...all that combing and manipulating...so I told myself "lets do that cross-wrap" and myself said "sure..lets try". I woke up in the morning and took down my cross wrap and look.

BEFORE and 14 hours AFTER

:lol: @ bolded.

Glad to know I aint the only one that has these types of conversations!:look:

I just got hip to the cross wrap. I do love it WAY better than a reg. wrap.

Love your growth too!!

@Ekomba- you are such a beautiful girl & your hair is GROWING!!!
I will have to tell my stepdaughter about the amla powder for pimples. She's almost 13 & getting her teen bumps!

Missi

AKA-Tude said:
:lol: @ bolded.

Glad to know I aint the only one that has these types of conversations!:look:

I just got hip to the cross wrap. I do love it WAY better than a reg. wrap.

Love your growth too!!

@Ekomba- you are such a beautiful girl & your hair is GROWING!!!
I will have to tell my stepdaughter about the amla powder for pimples. She's almost 13 & getting her teen bumps!

thank you and hey those conversations really help:lol:

gorgeoushair

Has anyone tried to do a wet cross wrap? Do you think it would give the same or similar results as a wet wrap?

Missi

DDtexlaxd said:
Do you do the croos wrap wet or dry?:)

I don't think it will come out right if it were wet: What I do is if I'm not baggying.....I will flat iron my hair...then I will cross-wrap.

Tee

I must give this a try.

WilleyGWifey...I was so tickled at that convo you had with yourself. Cute!

Missi

Letitia said:
I must give this a try.

WilleyGWifey...I was so tickled at that convo you had with yourself. Cute!

you know...my room-mate is on vacation for 2 weeks...so I've been quite lonely...maybe thats my mind telling me I need to log in on FOTKI and LHCF:)

Chromia

Divine Inspiration said:

This is what I do, except I use bobby pins instead of duckbill clips. I never thought of using duckbill clips.:look: It would be easier to use those....:scratchch

When I used to wrap I would always have one side in the front sticking up. I hated wrapping because it took so long and it seemed like I could never get it right. I like cross-wrapping because when I wake up in the morning and take off my scarf my hair is flat and smooth, even the front.

Svrbrownsuga

The cross wrap sounds very intresting. I want to take a try at it tonight since my hair is straight. Thanks for the instructions :)

Glib Gurl

*re-reading instructions*

Wait, I'm a bit confused about how to cross wrap . . . are there any pics or a tutorial? (I am having a hard time visualizing how to do the wrap part.)

Sorry and thanks!:look:

Missi

Glib Gurl said:
*re-reading instructions*

Wait, I'm a bit confused about how to cross wrap . . . are there any pics or a tutorial? (I am having a hard time visualizing how to do the wrap part.)

Sorry and thanks!:look:

Here is a link to my fotki showin the steps to do a cross-wrap. If you have any questions just let me know. Good luck and tell me if it works out.;)

THE CROSS-WRAP