I, MUMMYSGIRL, CHOPPED! MY HAIR'S ALL NATURAL!!!! **PIC HEAVY**

MummysGirl

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
:band2::band2:
:dance7::dance7::dance7:

My hair's ALL Natural!!!!!! I'm so excited :grin:

My last relaxer was on December 20th 2008 (18 months ago), this was my starting point (after a setback) ALL RELAXED:

And this is my hair 18 months later, ALL NATURAL:

I haven't done a length check, I'll do one soon.

I created a thread at 1 year post and I really shouldn't repeat it all here, but I'm gonna ;)

--

7 weeks after my last relaxer, after looking through multiple naturals' fotkis and some threads on, I made the decision to transition and I haven't looked back :grin:

7 weeks post relaxer:

21 weeks post:

Braidout:

28 weeks post:

Twistout:

34 weeks post:

34 weeks v 49 weeks comparison:

Wet v Blowdried hair @ 50 weeks (I didn’t get my new growth completely straight but this was straight enough for me):

I tried a ponytail rollerset on my 49 weeks post hair:

Not so straight new growth but I still liked it:

Braidout on Blowdried hair (I blow dry using the tension method, on the lowest heat setting and with a heat protectant. I wanted BIG hair and I got just that):

How I airdried most mornings (Thanks Shay72):

I was able to get my hair this straight just from airdrying (and laying edges down with a scarf):

--

Last 6 months of my transition:

I straightened at 59 weeks post, my hair in a banana clip:

A twistout at 61 weeks post:

Blowdried hair at 70 weeks post:

Straw Set at 77 weeks post:

Last edited:

MummysGirl

The chopping began on Thursday night, I chopped the back inch of my nape:

Then chopped a little more ;) :

On Friday night, I had a good enough excuse to *not* wait till Sunday :look: :lachen:

I can *just* get it all into a ponytail:

Before I snipped off the stray relaxed ends:

And after:

Then I put it all in braids for the night:

Woke up this morning and my hair was still damp so I combed it all out and did my 1st natural puff (this time round):

*I'd just like to warn you... I am going to try out a lot of styles on my hair for the next few weeks so expect threads from me :grin:*

Thanks to all my buddies in the Transitioners Thread... new transitioners, check out:
2010 Transitioners Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=413884
Hairstyles for Transitoners: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=419744
My Transition Folder (Fotki): http://public.fotki.com/mummysgirl/transition-to-natural/

:yay:

Allandra

Way to go girl. I was wondering when you were gonna get around to being natural. Don't you just love it? :up:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Congratulations! I remember your transition very well since I begged you to make you tube tutorials of your transition styles.:lachen: Very lovely!:rosebud::congrats: I wish I transitioned long like you did.:ohwell:

MummysGirl

Thank you Ladies!!!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the dark side.......lol

Your hair looks really lovely :D. Congrats OP, hope you enjoy being fully natural :dance7:

CONGRATS!!!
Congrats on your Big chop Great pictures and great styles.
Woohoo!! Congrats!!
:nicethread:

congrats!

Congratulations MummysGirl!:clapping: Welcome to the natural side. :assimilat

Thanks Allandra, :yep: I love it :grin:
Way to go girl. I was wondering when you were gonna get around to being natural. Don't you just love it? :up:

Thank you :grin: 18 months :yep: My hair grows slowly so I'm more than pleased with this length :grin:
Your hair is just beyond lush! Congrats!!!! Maybe 18months will be the magic # for me too after looking at these pics.

Hey DDT!!! Hope you're enjoying your natural journey! Thank you!!!
Congratulations! I remember your transition very well since I begged you to make you tube tutorials of your transition styles.:lachen: Very lovely!:rosebud::congrats: I wish I transitioned long like you did.:ohwell:

Ofcourse I will be in that thread very often :yep:
Thank you!
Beautiful! :bouncy:

Please pop in the transitioner's support thread every now and then!

Awwww, thank you :grin:
OMGGGGGGGGGGG.... I've been waiting for this reveal forever (lol)

Thank you! Definitely a style I'll visit often now that I'm natural.
absolutely beautiful!!! that straw set is 2-die-4!!!

Nonie

Congrats! Your hair looks so thick and healthy and boy has it grown!!! Just beautiful!

And we love pics so keep 'em coming. Thanks for this thread full of them. :)

andromeda

Congrats! Your discipline and determination have paid off! Such a girgeous head of thick, natural hair and one of the most notable, inspirational and helpful transitioning journeys! :yep: