I, MUMMYSGIRL, CHOPPED! MY HAIR'S ALL NATURAL!!!! **PIC HEAVY**

MummysGirl

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
:band2::band2:
:dance7::dance7::dance7:

My hair's ALL Natural!!!!!! I'm so excited :grin:

My last relaxer was on December 20th 2008 (18 months ago), this was my starting point (after a setback) ALL RELAXED:

And this is my hair 18 months later, ALL NATURAL:

I haven't done a length check, I'll do one soon.

I created a thread at 1 year post and I really shouldn't repeat it all here, but I'm gonna ;)

--

7 weeks after my last relaxer, after looking through multiple naturals' fotkis and some threads on, I made the decision to transition and I haven't looked back :grin:

7 weeks post relaxer:

21 weeks post:

Braidout:

28 weeks post:

Twistout:

34 weeks post:

34 weeks v 49 weeks comparison:

Wet v Blowdried hair @ 50 weeks (I didn’t get my new growth completely straight but this was straight enough for me):

I tried a ponytail rollerset on my 49 weeks post hair:

Not so straight new growth but I still liked it:

Braidout on Blowdried hair (I blow dry using the tension method, on the lowest heat setting and with a heat protectant. I wanted BIG hair and I got just that):

How I airdried most mornings (Thanks Shay72):

I was able to get my hair this straight just from airdrying (and laying edges down with a scarf):

--

Last 6 months of my transition:

I straightened at 59 weeks post, my hair in a banana clip:

A twistout at 61 weeks post:

Blowdried hair at 70 weeks post:

Straw Set at 77 weeks post:

Last edited:
The chopping began on Thursday night, I chopped the back inch of my nape:

Then chopped a little more ;) :

On Friday night, I had a good enough excuse to *not* wait till Sunday :look: :lachen:

I can *just* get it all into a ponytail:

Before I snipped off the stray relaxed ends:

And after:

Then I put it all in braids for the night:

Woke up this morning and my hair was still damp so I combed it all out and did my 1st natural puff (this time round):

*I'd just like to warn you... I am going to try out a lot of styles on my hair for the next few weeks so expect threads from me :grin:*

Thanks to all my buddies in the Transitioners Thread... new transitioners, check out:
2010 Transitioners Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=413884
Hairstyles for Transitoners: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=419744
My Transition Folder (Fotki): http://public.fotki.com/mummysgirl/transition-to-natural/

:yay:

Way to go girl. I was wondering when you were gonna get around to being natural. Don't you just love it? :up:

Congratulations! I remember your transition very well since I begged you to make you tube tutorials of your transition styles.:lachen: Very lovely!:rosebud::congrats: I wish I transitioned long like you did.:ohwell:

Thank you Ladies!!!
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the dark side.......lol

Your hair looks really lovely :D. Congrats OP, hope you enjoy being fully natural :dance7:

CONGRATS!!!
Congrats on your Big chop Great pictures and great styles.
Woohoo!! Congrats!!
:nicethread:

congrats!

Congratulations MummysGirl!:clapping: Welcome to the natural side. :assimilat

Thanks Allandra, :yep: I love it :grin:
Way to go girl. I was wondering when you were gonna get around to being natural. Don't you just love it? :up:

Thank you :grin: 18 months :yep: My hair grows slowly so I'm more than pleased with this length :grin:
Your hair is just beyond lush! Congrats!!!! Maybe 18months will be the magic # for me too after looking at these pics.

Hey DDT!!! Hope you're enjoying your natural journey! Thank you!!!
Congratulations! I remember your transition very well since I begged you to make you tube tutorials of your transition styles.:lachen: Very lovely!:rosebud::congrats: I wish I transitioned long like you did.:ohwell:

Ofcourse I will be in that thread very often :yep:
Thank you!
Beautiful! :bouncy:

Please pop in the transitioner's support thread every now and then!

Awwww, thank you :grin:
OMGGGGGGGGGGG.... I've been waiting for this reveal forever (lol)

Thank you! Definitely a style I'll visit often now that I'm natural.
absolutely beautiful!!! that straw set is 2-die-4!!!

Congrats! Your hair looks so thick and healthy and boy has it grown!!! Just beautiful!

And we love pics so keep 'em coming. Thanks for this thread full of them. :)

Congrats! Your discipline and determination have paid off! Such a girgeous head of thick, natural hair and one of the most notable, inspirational and helpful transitioning journeys! :yep:

Back