I've Decided...It's Time To Go Natural!!!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've finally decided to transition to natural and embrace my beautiful curls and shrinkage! :yep: Went from bone straight relaxing to texlaxing over a year ago and when I started my hair journey started stretching for three months at a time. I am currently at 13 weeks post relaxer. Wish me luck ladies!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Well ... as a new natural, I definitely want to wish you good luck!!

CenteredGirl

Good luck. Sounds like you are committing to it and that's the most important thing cause things can get a little rough on the natural journey.

LuvLiLocks

Lots of luck to you dear. You already have a pretty good start so I think you'll do well, plus there so many beautiful natural heads on this board for encouragement during the rough times! Congratulations!

Nonie

Good luck, Lovenharmony! I think you prepared well for this. Going from bone-straight to texlax and then transitioning for over a year I think is a gentle way to make this change. You've been gradually moving from dealing with straight hair to dealing with a texture that is different from that, and have already kinda gotten acquainted a bit with it in 13 months. Hope you'll have a blast w/ this new adventure.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Thanks ladies!!! I couldn't of gotten off to the right start without the help of so many LHCF members :grin:

fa$hionista

Good Luck on your natural journey!!! :grin: There are PLENTY of ladies on the forum who also transitioned to help you through your transitioning period. I too, am transitioning to natural! :yep: I have been transitioning for 8 months now.

ToyToy

All the best on your natural journey!! I went natural 2.5 years ago and never looked back!! :)

BrooklynSouth

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've finally decided to transition to natural and embrace my beautiful curls and shrinkage! :yep: Went from bone straight relaxing to texlaxing over a year ago and when I started my hair journey started stretching for three months at a time. I am currently at 13 weeks post relaxer. Wish me luck ladies!

Good for you, stick with it..it's joyous and at times frustrating but for me well worth it..I hated going to the salon for touchups..I always felt imprisoned by my relaxer touchup 'needs'.

mscocoface

Best wishes on you and your journey of being chemical free! :)

We are always here when you need us for support and or guidance.

Enjoy your journey.

Ganjababy

Good luck OP you will enjoy your journey though you may experience a bit of shock after you first do your big chop