Youtuber's Take on Weaves...

LadyKaypnyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoAhZRnmztY

I do agree with her on the Weave issue. It started to annoy me when damn near every Black girl I see on TV had fake hair (OBVIOUSLY FAKE HAIR)...In Brooklyn, (I don't know about everywhere else), weaves are everywhere. Even my little sister (who has beautiful relaxed BSL hair) recently started weaving it up.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wearing weaves, but it seems like folx aren't letting their own hair see the light of day...AT ALL.

My cousin's chin length natural hair was progressing nicely until she paid 50 for a weave job that resulted in extremely thin and bald spots...(and a week later, she got it weaved up again:nono:)

Once in a while, Cool, but people are living in those things:ohwell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoAhZRnmztY

I do agree with her on the Weave issue. It started to annoy me when damn near every Black girl I see on TV had fake hair (OBVIOUSLY FAKE HAIR)...In Brooklyn, (I don't know about everywhere else), weaves are everywhere. Even my little sister (who has beautiful relaxed BSL hair) recently started weaving it up.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wearing weaves, but it seems like folx aren't letting their own hair see the light of day...AT ALL.

My cousin's chin length natural hair was progressing nicely until she paid 50 for a weave job that resulted in extremely thin and bald spots...(and a week later, she got it weaved up again:nono:)

Once in a while, Cool, but people are living in those things:ohwell:

I loved the video.

That's why people couldn't understand how I used to travel to the Bronx to see my hairstylist for 13 years. She didn't do weaves in her shop, she concentrated on healthy hair. She used to tell some women instead of spending all that $$ on some hair they could of used it on a good hair care system.
Now, I don't knock some women on wearing it, especially if it's a look you know you don't want on your own hair e.g. certain hair colors or a dramatic cut.

I'll admit that many women in general wear weaves for the actual look not to give their hair a break. A small percentage use weaves/braids to give their hair a break :) I think people forget that when you wear weaves or braids you need to still pamper your hair underneath by keeping your hair clean, drying it, and spraying it daily with some treatment or else it will dry up like grass and break :( I did one time get breakage when I had my weave done but I know for a fact that it was becasue the person who did my conrow treated my hair like the synthetic hair she was adding to my conrow and when it tangled towards the end which happens sometimes when you braid, she just yanked it like the synthetic hair-i could see my ends breaking because of her rough braiding but the 2 months I left the weave on my hair recovered and I gained length and thicken so the minor set back didn't make a difference :)

I think if anyone gets offended by her video is because she talks with an attitude like if looking down to people who wear weaves and relaxers. It's like being a past druggie, recovering, and then looking down on others who still are doing what you did.

Her video is educational for those who use weaves and braids for the wrong reasons and end up with damage hair as a result of it.

Last edited:
Wow. Intense video.................

I think that some people are dependant on weaves... they spend THOUSANDS of dollars....we are a celebrity driven society.... so people focus on looking and being like them.. and for us - it can be at the expense of our healthy hair. Read some of the weaves threads on the internet....

I don't see the logic in that.....That is outrageous.

But - I do think that some people wear weaves and braids as protection. I do.. and I feel great wearing braids.

I cannot commit to locs.....
Maybe when I am older - much older....

I wear weaves & braids and my hair is longer then hers. I'll admit that many women in general wear weaves for the actual look not to give their hair a break. A small percentage use weaves/braids to give their hair a break :) I think people forget that when you wear weaves or braids you need to still pamper your hair underneath by keeping your hair clean, drying it, and spraying it daily with some treatment or else it will dry up like grass and break :(

I think if anyone gets offended by her video is because she talks with an attitude like if looking down to people who wear weaves and relaxers. It's like being a past druggie, recovering, and then looking down on others who still are doing what you did.

Her video is educational for those who use weaves and braids for the wrong reasons and end up with damage hair as a result of it.

I agree with the bolded.

Also, my hair is relaxed and I am even dealing with a growth (more like retention) set back and my hair is still longer than hers. So I don't know what she is talking about.

Anyway, I did not finish watching it. I stay away from negative energy by way of someone's opinion. I don't mind hearing someone's opinion, but when it is "beating a dead horse" it is not worth my time. Life is too short to care that much about what other people are doing if it does not effect me and my family.

Last edited:
I agree with the bolded.

Also, my hair is relaxed and I am even dealing with a growth (more like retention) set back and my hair is still longer than hers. So I don't know what she is talking about.

Anyway, I did not finish watching it. I stay away from negative energy by way of someone's opinion. I don't mind hearing someone's opinion, but when it is "beating a dead horse" it is not worth my time. Life is too short to care that much about what other people are doing if it does not effect me and my family.

I did not finish watching it either... I thought she had a few good points - but she went a little :spinning: with her arguement...
For me that is why I don't belong to nappturality.com... It is a bit toooo extreme and radical for me.

You notice the rapidly increasing number of white girls in weaves?

I kept seeing so many yesterday... everybody is abusing weaves these days. I saw a white girl with BSL tracks put in... the reason I knew she had tracks was cause her SL hair was so broken off it couldn't even blend in anymore :nono:

Oh the irony... I can't wait to see the tables turned and Shaqwandra checking Becky for tracks:rolleyes:

I don't understand why lately everyone cares so much what other people are doing to their hair :deadhorse::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

YOU KNOW!
I think some people get a bit too deep when it comes to the 'natural' versus 'relaxed/weaved' hair debate... e.g... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0lvHSfYV1c&feature=related
I understand, that a lot of black women damage their hair knowingly or unknowingly through a number of processes (which is a shame), but dang... its just hair and people should be able to do what they want to it.
Oh, and it doesn't have to reflect SELF HATE if you choose to add hair to your head :ohwell:.

I'M NOT EVEN GONNA LIE... THE REASON WHY I LIKE WIGS AND THE LIKE IS BECAUSE I CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO DO MY OWN HAIR AND I DON'T WANT TO USE HEAT TOO OFTEN. WIGS ARE A QUICK SOLUTION TO THAT PROBLEM :yep:.

Last edited:
I laughed at the part when she said how back in the day, you were teased if you wore weave.

I remember those days. :yep:

I remember how taboo it was for people to put weave in children's hair...

Now its an everyday occurrence. :nono:

lakdypk, I love your hair videos, how do you upload it, I tried but it never seems to completes... any tips, i know this is off topic

:lachen:right. i was going to reply again but thought it's no use.

when she first started out, i was like :grin:, she sounds like a loa believer. then she took it to the far side. :spinning:

She has me wondering if I am attracting bad weaves... :giggle:

:lachen:right. i was going to reply again but thought it's no use.

when she first started out, i was like :grin:, she sounds like a loa believer. then she took it to the far side. :spinning:
You should respond to her video w/your hair combing video since she seems to erase ytour comments.
She needs to see that there is beautiful REAL hair out there:yep:

Back