You Adore LongHairDontCare's Results, but Are You Willing to Adopt Her Regimen?

fivetimestwo

For the longest, I felt the same way you do about protective styles. But honestly, this is hella cute to me....it may not be her real hair thats out but she is WORKIN that protective style if ya ask me:cool2:

Another way to spice up cornrowed protected hair is treebraids here they show you how they do it (they can be done to not make the cornrows show in the front at all as well) and here's a LHCF poster with cute curly tree braids. Cornrows can be jazzed up yall:yep:

Okay, admittedly I was on the fence until I clicked on the first link in your post. I am seriously considering doing this style until the end of the summer. I am transitioning and need all the protective styling I can get right about now. Thanks BMP!
:grin:

nikolite

Update: I'm going to start doing this regimen right now! Just took down a month of box braids and I now have cornrows in. There are just too many options using this regimen that I can do. Besides braids and cornrows (which I typically wear into a bun or claw clip), I think I'll wear them with a phony puff, under a wig, a cute hat, or head scarf, and I'll definitely try them with crochets really soon. You can't beat this!

But I'm still trying to decide whether to try the water wave crochet or kinky twists crochets first...

Stella B.

You know, I can see how this low manipulation reggie could really pay off over time. She's a great hair case study, and I will be checking out her routines this fall after I get my ends trimmed, seeing if there's anything in her regimen that I could incorporate to help my hair. LHDC2011 comes across in her vids as a very smart girl, who knows her hair very well. I admire the fact that she's so willing to share her knowledge with us. With hair that long and healthy, who wouldn't listen to her?:grin:

CurlyMoo

Although I love her hair, I will keep doing what I'm doing because it seems to be working so far. Plus I really don't want to add anything complicated right now considering my work schedule.

CandyCurls

Last edited:

Mandy4610

The only thing holding me back from adopting this regimen is that I dont know how to braid. I habe been thing of paying $50 every other month to get braids for 4 weeks at a time. Wish I knew how to braid.

Chameleonchick

Just wanted to bump this thread back up to the top. I have been doing this, minus the blow drying and flat ironing because I don't use heat, since the beginning of the year. I have to say it is a good regimen. Especially for a busy person like me.

JensOG

Interestingly she has stopped using heat... she also chopped off 5 inches of her hair due to possible damage and is nursing it back, hence no heat. So I guess protective styling without heat is the best way to go in the long run.

kellistarr

I like her hair a lot. And I like her attitude about her hair. She doesn't get into a lot fussing and expensive products and all that jazz. I think the low manipulation is key to her success. My hair doesn't like cornrows. As soon as I get them in, I want them out!
Nor do they last long in my hair. My hair doesn't last long in twists, either. But because twists are so easy, I don't mind the re-do. I am going to start wearing more protective styles and tracking my results. I wear my hair out, consistently, but I get weary of manipulating it and forget that protective styles can be just as attractive.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I actually have this regimen but it happened by accident due to lack of time. I wash once a month and keep my hair in plaits the whole time. Sometimes after I wash I'll wear a braidout but very rarely. This has been working for me but low manipulation has always worked for me. I may start adding heat this winter.