Where are all the update threads?! My 2011 *pics*

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
girl, keep swearing off that heat, it helps and it's a good thing. It helped me to cut off heat for a while. There were tons of temptation, but you've got to fight it.

Hey chick, are you modeling yet? Thanks for the kind words!

lol no hun. I think maybe you have me mistaken with someone else. I def can't model at all....:nono:

Kneechay

lol no hun. I think maybe you have me mistaken with someone else. I def can't model at all....:nono:

you crazy. I have the right person. How've you been by the way?

---More

I'm headed to a wedding today, I decided to flexi rod set my hair overnight, here are some before and afters

i think I'll tousle it a bit and wear it like this. I anticipate it to fall by evening. I suspect by 7pm I'll be in a frizzy ponytail. It's all good though.

thanks to everyone who had all the kind words, it means a lot to me.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Your hair looks beautiful Nichi. :up: I feel you on the shrinkage. I don't think my hair will ever be longer than ear length in it's natural state.

Last edited:

Kneechay

Your hair looks beautiful Nichi. :up: I feel you on the shrinkage. I don't think my hair will ever be longer than ear length in it's natural state.

thanks glam, how've you been!? I have given up on my shrinkage because I've learned (or it's taught me, rather) that it wasn't going to get past a certain point when not blow dried. I think it's a good thing in a way, this way it's not rubbing up on my shoulders. My twistouts sometimes touch my shoulders and I've begun rolling up the ends so they'll dry shorter and not touch my clothes.

Where are your updates, missy?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
you crazy. I have the right person. How've you been by the way?

i think I'll tousle it a bit and wear it like this. I anticipate it to fall by evening. I suspect by 7pm I'll be in a frizzy ponytail. It's all good though.

thanks to everyone who had all the kind words, it means a lot to me.

been all good in the hood over here!
I'm just ready to be done with undergrad-it's working my nerves now.
oooh-la-la at the sexy wedding hair!

Beautytalk69

Kneechay okay this is what I'm going need you to do. I'ma need you post your hair regimen..right here, then go to the fitness forum and post that regimen..then take your self to the make up forum and post some tips..there too. Or you can just break the rules and post all three here..lol! Thanks!

Kneechay

@Kneechay okay this is what I'm going need you to do. I'ma need you post your hair regimen..right here, then go to the fitness forum and post that regimen..then take your self to the make up forum and post some tips..there too. Or you can just break the rules and post all three here..lol! Thanks!

thanks, that's so nice of you :'-)
as for my hair, i wash every two weeks and in between, I condition wash. I apply my shea butter/oils mix and twist/braid out. I maintain that for a week or a week and half depends on my schedule. Close to wash day, it's in a bun.

As for working out, i don't really do that much either. I do situps from time to time and dance to Bey's workout version of 'Get me Bodied' (odd i know), but it's fun.

I actually learned makeup ideas from youtube tutorials, I'm really no expert, but thanks for your kind words.

glamazon386

thanks glam, how've you been!? I have given up on my shrinkage because I've learned (or it's taught me, rather) that it wasn't going to get past a certain point when not blow dried. I think it's a good thing in a way, this way it's not rubbing up on my shoulders. My twistouts sometimes touch my shoulders and I've begun rolling up the ends so they'll dry shorter and not touch my clothes.

Where are your updates, missy?

I've been good Nichi. How about yourself? What do you use on your twistouts? I've yet to find a product that gives me hold for more than a day or two. It's like once I sleep on it, it's smushed and the style is gone. Then I'm back to square one.

About those updates :look:. I should be ashamed. I don't think I've logged into my fotki in like a year. I'll be posting some soon. I haven't really been doing anything special mostly weaving, bunning and wig wearing. I just recently took out some tree braids. I'm finally to the point where I'm content with my hair. But this damn shrinkage is for the birds. :wallbash:

Kneechay

I've been good Nichi. How about yourself? What do you use on your twistouts? I've yet to find a product that gives me hold for more than a day or two. It's like once I sleep on it, it's smushed and the style is gone. Then I'm back to square one.

About those updates :look:. I should be ashamed. I don't think I've logged into my fotki in like a year. I'll be posting some soon. I haven't really been doing anything special mostly weaving, bunning and wig wearing. I just recently took out some tree braids. I'm finally to the point where I'm content with my hair. But this damn shrinkage is for the birds. :wallbash:

I'm doing great, lady. Just been busy with a TON of stuff, but all good things. I'm blessed, thanks for asking.

Honestly, the shea butter/oils mix i use is all i use for twists. I formulated it to be thick and creamy so it can have hold. I put castor oil on the ends to add more moisture but that's really it. After two days, I retwist in bigger pieces if I want to wear it down, but otherwise it'll make it's way into an updo or a bun.

Trust me, I feel you on the laziness, we've been on the board for some time and we kinda get...lazy--in maintenance and documentation. I feel somewhat of an obligation to update and offer advice because so many ladies did that which helped me when I joined the boards. It seemed the amount of updates recently have declined so hopefully, more people update.

Girl, give up on the shrinkage, I did, lol, it's here to stay.

glamazon386

I'm doing great, lady. Just been busy with a TON of stuff, but all good things. I'm blessed, thanks for asking.

Honestly, the shea butter/oils mix i use is all i use for twists. I formulated it to be thick and creamy so it can have hold. I put castor oil on the ends to add more moisture but that's really it. After two days, I retwist in bigger pieces if I want to wear it down, but otherwise it'll make it's way into an updo or a bun.

Trust me, I feel you on the laziness, we've been on the board for some time and we kinda get...lazy--in maintenance and documentation. I feel somewhat of an obligation to update and offer advice because so many ladies did that which helped me when I joined the boards. It seemed the amount of updates recently have declined so hopefully, more people update.

Girl, give up on the shrinkage, I did, lol, it's here to stay.

Thanks. I may have to revisit the shea butter. I still have a tub that I whipped with some coconut oil in my bathroom somewhere. I remember trying it as a styler a few years back but I thought it made my hair too heavy and greasy so I stopped using it. It did give good definition though. :scratchch Maybe I was using too much.

Sprinkl3s

NICHI!!!!!
I always look for your updates. I LOVE your hair and your threads, even that one where you kept popping up in other people's pics :lachen: where is that thread?

Kneechay

NICHI!!!!!
I always look for your updates. I LOVE your hair and your threads, even that one where you kept popping up in other people's pics :lachen: where is that thread?

thanks you lady!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:that thread is around here somewhere. Some of them disappeared in the poofed RT threads and there's actually a Photo bombing thread I think :lachen: