My Maxiglide results - updated pics

lalabanks

I got my Maxiglide in the mail yesterday. I washed my hair this morning around 7am and then let it air dry. So around 12ish I flat ironed my hair using the maxigide. I used the thermasilk heat protectant cream. I didn't realize how my hair has grown because i've been either wearing it curly when my hair drys or back in a bun.

See for youself. Its in my fotki. Password is in the profile. The pics are under Transition Pics.

getmoore

Wow I really do need to get one of those! I did'nt even know that they were in the stores now. YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
ETA: OOOPS thought you said MALL not mail :lol:

L

lkg4healthyhair

I was thinking about getting this iron. How do you like it. Was it as easy to get your results as they show on tv? Did you get the products along with it?

balisi

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! How long did it take to get those results from the maxiglide?

lalabanks

lkg4healthyhair said:
I was thinking about getting this iron. How do you like it. Was it as easy to get your results as they show on tv? Did you get the products along with it?

I think it took me about 45 min - 1 hour. I guess it depends on the length of hair. I liked the iron. It took me a minute to realize that I didn't need to squeeze hair on the clamps like on other flat irons, but it worked well and yes it was easy to get the results. I did start on freshly washed hair and let it airdry. I didn't get the products that came with it. I figured I just needed a good heat protectant, so I got the thermasilk. All in all I am very pleased. Next time i'll take a before pic of what my hair air dried looks like so you can see the difference.

lalabanks

balisi said:
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! How long did it take to get those results from the maxiglide?

About 45min - 1 hour. I took my time plus it was my first time and didn't want to mess anything up. I had a wedding to go to afterwards ;)

Shatani

lalabanks said:
I got my Maxiglide in the mail yesterday. I washed my hair this morning around 7am and then let it air dry. So around 12ish I flat ironed my hair using the maxigide. I used the thermasilk heat protectant cream. I didn't realize how my hair has grown because i've been either wearing it curly when my hair drys or back in a bun.

See for youself. Its in my fotki. Password is in the profile. The pics are under Transition Pics.
okay, i havent looked at the album yet, but i just had to tell you....you make me sick!!! :lol: your hair was dry by noon!?!?!? im so jealous!!! my stupid hair stays wet for at LEAST a day!

okay, imma go look now :D

Shatani

GORGEOUS!!!! you did a great job! so, how did you like the thermasilk cream??? did it leave your hair smelling like burnt product??

brickhouse

Thanks for sharing Lala. Now I have to get the maxiglide. I am still trying decide on which irons work the best. Your hair is beautiful.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I tried to post a response last night but my computer started bugging out.

Anyway, your hair is lovely. I mean....WOW. You are another hair inspiration. It looks soooooo puuuurday!

I want to get me one of these things.

lalabanks

Thank you to all the ladies for the compliments. If it hadn't been for LHCF I don't know how my hair would look. My biggest key was learning to keep my hair moisturized.

Shatani - The only way it will dry that quick is if its not braided or put in a bun or anything. I did some house work to move around to let the "wind" go through my hair. As far as the thermasilk, I do like it. I put a little bit in it..I didn't want to coat my hair with it, because I was afraid it would make that sizzling sound since it made my hair wetter. When I used it I didn't smell a burnt smell.

I don't want to do this everyweek because its still heat being applied. I'll probably try and wrap it this week and maybe next week, it'll be the wavy look.