When your hair sheds..

soulchild

Does it fall upside down or does it go in the same direction that your hair grows in? Mine somehow gets turned upside down and I was wondering is it like that for everybody?

kenyana

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Does it fall upside down or does it go in the same direction that your hair grows in? Mine somehow gets turned upside down and I was wondering is it like that for everybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wondered about this too. Mine mostly come out upside down or root first. After a lot of thought this makes perfect sense cause it would be difficult for the hair to "shimmy" down the whole length of the hair. I figure it gets detached at the roots then peels off the rest of the hair ( sorta like the peel off a banana) during the combout...

miss_brown

When my hair is straight, it comes out bulb on top.
When my hair is kinky, it comes out with the bulbs everywhere, but mostly pointed downward.

soulchild

lol, I knew I probably didn't make myself clear. Well, I noticed that all my shed hairs are shed upside down, with the bulb at the bottom. I notice this when my hair is wet and I smooth my fingers through my hair. You know how the hair is smooth in one direction, and in the other direction it's a little rough because of the hair cuticles (well, at least on my hair it is. I know that's a sign of unhealthy hair though
). Then, once I detangle and get rid of the shed hair, it all feels smooth in one direction. I just thought that was weird, especially since it happens even when I'm wearing twists.
I was just curious about everyone else.

soulchild

Oh, miss_brown I guess it could be since my hair is not straight. I'll have to pay attention the next time I straighten my hair.

Purtygurly

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I must be crazy, cause I have no idea what yall are talking about here

[/ QUOTE ]

me either... I would like to give a good reply, I just can't make heads or tails out of it.

ChocoLatte

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I must be crazy, cause I have no idea what yall are talking about here

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be crazy too!! I thought it just came out...please explain guys, I feel as though I may be missing something

soulchild

lol, Please don't worry yourselves about it on my account.
I don't know how else to explain it but that when the hair falls out it turns over somehow so that the the bulb ends up at the base.