Ayanapooh's accordian method for shake-n-go the truth

Cheleigh

Friday morn I tried a modified version of ayanapooh's shake-n-go method.
Link to it found here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84469&highlight=ayanapooh

I cw my hair and added leave-ins. Then I accordian scrunched IC Fantasia gel (blue) into my hair, hanging my head upside down over the tub. I could get better gel distribution through my hair with this method. Then I shook my hair hanging upside down. I got great second day hair from this method too. Pics in my album with title "ayanapooh's technique." This photo is a close up of my "4b" kinky waves with the technique.

But the real news is that I did a "naked" hair challenge where I cw my hair, rinsed well with warm and cold water and didn't apply any styling products or leave-in condish so I could see my hair texture sans product. I did still follow the technique of shaking my hair dry upside down.

Wow, :eek: my naked hair looks totally different with this technique than it does even with product in it when I style it upright. The technique totally gives me definition. Pictures under my album titled "naked hair challenge."

I had to give a shout out to yet another LCHF member giving a great suggestion. Thank you ayanapooh. Technique is totally in my arsenal whenever I do a shake-n-go.

Isis

Your curls look like a much different texture than 4b! That's pretty interesting how this technique works. Beautiful!

dimpalz

Isis said:
Your curls look like a much different texture than 4b! That's pretty interesting how this technique works. Beautiful!

Yeah they look a bit 3ish. They're beautiful tho, I love the shine on you hair and I think its the perfect density. The no product curls looked even better

bluebearfanatic

wow your hair looks great...definitely looks like two different textures in the pcitures...i can't wait till i'm completely natural...*sigh!:perplexed

dimpalz

bluebearfanatic said:
wow your hair looks great...definitely looks like two different textures in the pcitures...i can't wait till i'm completely natural...*sigh!:perplexed

I know the feelin, all these napturals up in here are making me so impatient. Before I decided to transition I was loving the long haired relaxed ladies. They still get my love, but I'd love some natural hair more, and then imagine when that gets long! (itll be so much easier with one less chemical strike against it)

Naptural ladies keep on representing, you're an inspiration

Cheleigh

I'm definately a 4a/4b although a bit more 4a than 4b, I think. Thanks for the support. :D

I've also added some photos in my photo album that I took this morning, so that you could see how it looks after I've slept on it all night. I'm rocking this style today in some form.

ThursdayGirl

Cheleigh said:
I'm definately a 4a/4b although a bit more 4a than 4b, I think. Thanks for the support. :D

I've also added some photos in my photo album that I took this morning, so that you could see how it looks after I've slept on it all night. I'm rocking this style today in some form.

I won't tell you how to type your hair cheleigh, but those curls definitely look bigger than 4a :) . Very pretty though!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Your hair coils look so defined & shiny, very pretty! I'm gonna have to give this method a whirl too...

Faith

I hair looks good. BUT with curls like that how are you 4b??? I consider half my head 4b and the hair is basically Z shaped...I don't see Z shapes on your head..lol. You look more 3c/4a

Cheleigh

If I'm a 3c/4a, then it's occurred in the past three days. In the album photos, my hair looks more like 4a/4b. Maybe it's an anomoly? :confused:

I thought that 4b was either kinky waves, kinky straight or teeny tiny coils? I consider my kinky waves 4b, as I do my undefined hair. I also am not clear what 3c is supposed to be. I've only thought about 4a/4b hair stats.

Oh well, I still think the technique works really well, with or without styling productb! :grin:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I'm still at a lost as to the accordian style. Help me out here:

You take product in palm of your hand, grab hair and pull the hair up and down?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Cheleigh said:
If I'm a 3c/4a, then it's occurred in the past three days. In the album photos, my hair looks more like 4a/4b. Maybe it's an anomoly? :confused:

I thought that 4b was either kinky waves, kinky straight or teeny tiny coils? I consider my kinky waves 4b, as I do my undefined hair. I also am not clear what 3c is supposed to be. I've only thought about 4a/4b hair stats.

Oh well, I still think the technique works really well, with or without styling productb! :grin:

Cheleigh, did you have problems with detangling after this?

Cheleigh

nurseN98 said:
Cheleigh, did you have problems with detangling after this?

Not any more than usual. I did a detangle this morning with the D4, and I didn't spend any extra time with detangling. I only have a few areas that get a bit tangled though at this point though.

Cheleigh

onepraying said:
I'm still at a lost as to the accordian style. Help me out here:

You take product in palm of your hand, grab hair and pull the hair up and down?

I consider it scrunching in sections from root to tip while hanging upside down. I find it much easier to scrunch while my hair is upside down as opposed to rightside up because hanging naturally parted my hair in those hidden parts I have in my hair--it made it easier to apply product properly.

alibi

hair bored
Cheleigh said:
I consider it scrunching in sections from root to tip while hanging upside down. I find it much easier to scrunch while my hair is upside down as opposed to rightside up because hanging naturally parted my hair in those hidden parts I have in my hair--it made it easier to apply product properly.

I don't know how I missed this thread! LOL that I officially have a "method" with a name! :lol: I was just using an accordian description for lack of a better visual, but Cheleigh is exactly right - it's scrunching your hair upside down from root to tip. I guess I could have described it like that in the first place! :spinning: Anyways, I'm glad this helped you Cheleigh! It has literally been the difference in my shake and goes, and it comes out perfectly every time! :yep:

cocoberry10

Isis said:

Yeah, that's just what I was going to say. It doesn't look like 4b to me! Very beautiful though.