Which way do wash your hair.....

Cocoa21

...upside down in the sink or hanging down in the shower?

Does your method make detangling easier for you?

JustKiya

Shower, definitely, definitely. I try to not 'flip' my hair up at all - if I need to get to my back hairline, I turn MYSELF upside down.... seems to make detangling much easier.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
In the shower in my apt, in the sink at my parent's house
Detangling is definately easier in the shower under the running water as opposed to upside down

Lady Esquire

In the shower. The pressure from the shower head is the best detangler. Plus, I wash my hair using the Crown and Glory method, in 2 to 4 sections (depending on how much new growth I have)...and that would be difficult to do in the sink.

Cocoa21

In the shower. The pressure from the shower head is the best detangler. Plus, I wash my hair using the Crown and Glory method, in 2 to 4 sections (depending on how much new growth I have)...and that would be difficult to do in the sink.

Can you explain this method to me. How and when do you apply shampoo and condioner... meaning before or after you braid your hair in sections.

Cichelle

Shower. I haven't tried washing my hair in the sink recently. But I think it would be tangle city.

~~HoneyComb~~

I use to do it in the sink when my hair was shorter, but after it got longer, it tangled more in the sink, so it's the shower for me, letting the water run straight down my hair.

LovelyLionessa

In the shower, detangling with conditioner and the water. I used to wash my hair in the sink tho just before coming to LHCF when my hair was shorter.

MsKipani

Most of the time in the shower...once in a while in the sink and I detangle how I would in the shower - conditioner and/or water running through it

I'll wash in the sink if I'm doing a few steps (deep condition, aphogee treatment) and I don't feel like going back and forth in the shower

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Bending over the bath tub always because I hate to feel shampoo and conditioner on my skin. It itches like you won't believe so I never wash my hair in the shower.

amwcah

I wash in the shower. The only exception is when I get a relaxer. The shower makes it exceptionally easy to detangle, otherwise I would have to whip my hair back causing more tangles after getting out of the shower.

Cocoa21

Most of the time in the shower...once in a while in the sink and I detangle how I would in the shower - conditioner and/or water running through it

I'll wash in the sink if I'm doing a few steps (deep condition, aphogee treatment) and I don't feel like going back and forth in the shower

Bending over the bath tub always because I hate to feel shampoo and conditioner on my skin. It itches like you won't believe so I never wash my hair in the shower.

SInce you ladies wash bending over, how do you avoid tangles and knots?