Which way do wash your hair.....

*KP*

I prefer to do it in the shower but at my mum's the water pressure from the shower is soooo bad. So I kneel at the bath and wash with a shower head attachment.

dlewis

WoW!! Clarified cooking butter, huh??!!

LHCF never fails when it comes to determining whats good for hair.....lol. =)

Tell me, could I get those same moisture and shine from using any other kind of butters marketed for hair like: shea, mango, or any of the other butters I read ladies using on here???

I'm sure the other ladies can help with that. I have tried many butters and have only been able to get that shine using ghee.

MrsWatson

i wash bending over the bathtub...

my grandparents would never let me wash in the kitchen sink and i didnt like the poos and cons running down the entire length of my body in the shower....so now bathtub washing is a habit...

I bought one of those handheld shower heads and it helps a lot....i detangle under the water with my hair upside down and have no problem combing afterwards....

Fine 4s

I wash in the shower now that my hair is longer but I hate the drippies when I come out. I would consider washing my hair in the sink if my hair was untangled, sectioned in braids. I am not successful untangling my hair. I would love to hear how DSylla manages. I can sure use some tips from her.

dlewis

I wash in the shower now that my hair is longer but I hate the drippies when I come out. I would consider washing my hair in the sink if my hair was untangled, sectioned in braids. I am not successful untangling my hair. I would love to hear how DSylla manages. I can sure use some tips from her.

I'm sure she has the wash in sections. My aunt had waist length hair and it was super thick and she washed in sections.

malibu4590

May I ask, what do you detangle with? COnditioner or plain water.

Not a problem. :)

After I rinse out my DC in lukewarm water, I wrap my towel around my head to try and absorb much water as possible. Then while it's damp, spray a little Dove Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist Leave-In throughout, and gently detangle with a wide tooth comb. Takes about 60 seconds, if that, to get through it.

Cocoa21

Not a problem. :)

After I rinse out my DC in lukewarm water, I wrap my towel around my head to try and absorb much water as possible. Then while it's damp, spray a little Dove Moisture Therapy Replenishing Mist Leave-In throughout, and gently detangle with a wide tooth comb. Takes about 60 seconds, if that, to get through it.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

CocoGlow

I posted this is another thread but I wash my hair in the kitchen sink b/c that is what I am used to...ever since I was a little girl, my mom pulled a chair up to the sink and I would kneel in it and bend over as she washed my hair...now I don't need the chair or my mama LOL, but I still wash in the kitchen sink...

I've tried to wash my hair in the shower and I just can't get w/ it...

fluffylocks

Shower

Sink is easier or convenient, but i get dizzy when i try to back bend and wash my hair backwards, when i just lean over it regualrly, my hair gets so tangled

Backwards in the tub is pretty good--but i dont really rinse everythng all out. good enough

I love rinsing in the shower, the only thing is sometimes when i do my hair out of urges i dont even need to take or shower or nesscialry want to (is that nasty :ohwell: lol )

PuffyBrown

...upside down in the sink or hanging down in the shower?

Does your method make detangling easier for you?

Both

I wash in sink when I do treatments like henna, indigo ,pastes, yada yada, because that is less of an area to clean up afterwards. Otherwise in the shower.

Cocoa21

I posted this is another thread but I wash my hair in the kitchen sink b/c that is what I am used to...ever since I was a little girl, my mom pulled a chair up to the sink and I would kneel in it and bend over as she washed my hair...now I don't need the chair or my mama LOL, but I still wash in the kitchen sink...

I've tried to wash my hair in the shower and I just can't get w/ it...

:blush: We are so >here<!!!!

I do it out of habit too. I was raised that way, so it comes natural for me to wash upside down in the sink. I've washed in the shower once and I felt out of my element....... :lachen:

.....but I'm gradually trying to incorporate it into my regime b/c I do believe I had less tangles washing in the shower. On average detangling is no problem for me, but I'm almost 14 weeks post and trying to detangle through my new growth is hell. Washing in the shower maybe less stressful on my hair at this point and more convenient.

Last edited:

Cocoa21

Shower

Sink is easier or convenient, but i get dizzy when i try to back bend and wash my hair backwards, when i just lean over it regualrly, my hair gets so tangled

Backwards in the tub is pretty good--but i dont really rinse everythng all out. good enough

I love rinsing in the shower, the only thing is sometimes when i do my hair out of urges i dont even need to take or shower or nesscialry want to (is that nasty :ohwell: lol )

LOL...Naw, thats not nasty. I understand the feeling. :rolleyes:

Cocoa21

Shower with Crown & Glory technique with hair in sections.

[URL="http://www.growafrohairlong.com"]www.growafrohairlong.com[/URL]

Thank you!!! =D

I thought no one was going to tell me.

Edited: I'll have to try this:

Crown and Glory Method for others who don't know:

""Have your hair in large braids to shampoo your hair. In the shower, pour streams of diluted shampoo and warm water over your large braids. In a large cup, squeeze to shampoo and rinse and rinse by squeezing. While the braids are still in, add Le kairs's Cholesterol Plus to your hair. This will make your hair easier to untangle and comb through. Take one braid down at a time and gently comb through with a wide toothed comb, using The Crown & Glory Technique and then rinse by squeezing your hair as you pour the water. Squeezing will help with the rinse. Braid the section back up. Repeat with all of your braid sections. After you have done all sections, your hair should still remain in the big loose braids. Take each section down to add hair strengthener and oil. Oil will give it more moisture after it air dries. Air dry your hair to keep in moisture.""

Last edited:
Thank you!!! =D

I thought no one was going to tell me.

Edited: I'll have to try this:

Crown and Glory Method for others who don't know:

""Have your hair in large braids to shampoo your hair. In the shower, pour streams of diluted shampoo and warm water over your large braids. In a large cup, squeeze to shampoo and rinse and rinse by squeezing. While the braids are still in, add Le kairs's Cholesterol Plus to your hair. This will make your hair easier to untangle and comb through. Take one braid down at a time and gently comb through with a wide toothed comb, using The Crown & Glory Technique and then rinse by squeezing your hair as you pour the water. Squeezing will help with the rinse. Braid the section back up. Repeat with all of your braid sections. After you have done all sections, your hair should still remain in the big loose braids. Take each section down to add hair strengthener and oil. Oil will give it more moisture after it air dries. Air dry your hair to keep in moisture.""

I must add that since you're squeezing your hair and not rubbing the shampoo in it to clean it, that's where you get less tangles. We really don't want lather anyways since it shows how much sulfate a shampoo does have in it. My sections are twists instead of braids bc my hair is thin. It's much easier for me. Once I started this, I've never went back to doing my hair any other way. It mos def helps during stretching and you have lots of growth.

Cocoa21

I must add that since you're squeezing your hair and not rubbing the shampoo in it to clean it, that's where you get less tangles. We really don't want lather anyways since it shows how much sulfate a shampoo does have in it. My sections are twists instead of braids bc my hair is thin. It's much easier for me. Once I started this, I've never went back to doing my hair any other way. It mos def helps during stretching and you have lots of growth.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

FindingMe

in the shower- it smooths my cuticle more than upside down in the sink. my hair always feels a little rougher after I wash upside down:perplexed

SmartyPants

I wash it in the sink. But my hair is currently neck length. Anything past APL and I have to move to the shower or face a mutiny.

Cocoa21

Okay, I washed my hair Saturday using the C&G method and overall it came out good, BUT.....

1) I braided my hair to the back in about 6 big cornrows and they were completely unraveled by the time I finished shampooing and conditioning. Is that suppose to happen??

2) When I tried to rebraid my hair while it was wet, it was hard for me to part my hair and braid it, resulting in some strands getting snagged and snapping. :nono: My newgrowth is too thick to try and manipulate wet. I whipped out my blow dryer and my head felt relieved. :drunk:

Besides the strands that snapped, I didn't shed or loose 1 strand doing this method, not even while blow drying. Another plus is that the whole process is alot faster than washing in the sink. Its a keeper.