What's Your 2010 New Year's Resolution Regarding Hair Care?

Eritreladiee

To finish off products before I go out and purchase more.
Drink more water/exercise more often
Rely primarily on natural products, and experiment with creating my own concoctions (oils, Ayurvedic powders, etc.)
Be more creative in my protective styling
Trim less often

Whatever length that leads me to in 2010, I'll be happy.

Barbara

Princess
Barbara, I feel so late in the game. Here I am coming to start up this post and you had it up and running since September, lol. I hate not having internet at home, I can't keep up with you girls.

Anyway, in 2010 I'm gonna stop being a such a product junkie, I want to get my finances in order so I have to give up something. I'm getting my staples together now and will have them all by January. Also I'm getting rid of things that don't work and are just taking up space. I'm keeping my regimen simple, and I think I'm texlaxing as well. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for your input.

Ms_Twana

My resolution is to use all of my products before I buy any more. :superbanana: If I feel tempted to try anything new, I'm going to put those items on a "wish list."

My goal is to either 1. reach WL in 2010, or 2. be full/blunt BSL (which is really a little longer than BSL on me :lachen:).

I also like what OP chose as well. I'll add that one, too.

Sondice

My resolution is too be more dilligent with the moisturizing, like every day. And also to take mu supplements everyday

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
Consistency, consistency, CONSISTENCY!
Transition to a single product line and see how I like it (Joico).
Figure out how often to do protein treatments.
Three touch ups for the year.
Commit to PS (wet buns) for six months when it gets warm.
Reach BSL by Christmas 2010.
Moisturize, seal, protect.
KEEP MY ENDS IN ORDER.

toyagurl

Use up my current products
Do not buy anymore expensive irons
No bandwagons
Help as many people as I can get their hair together

Diva_Esq

Bun all but 5 days in each month until I reach MBL.

Continue to fight the urge to BC & stay on track with my long-term transition.

More water & better diet.

jreagins

-continue to KISS
-Use up all the products that didnt do a thing for me
-only restock on my staples
-Thouroughly search and destroy on a regular basis
Hopefully with all this I can achieve MBL in 2010!!

KiSseS03

To transition to more natural products, avoiding mineral oil, petroleum, sulfates and parabens.

To continue to transition until at least 18 months post.

To remain consistent with my haircare, and adopt a "long hair mentality," while continuing to enjoy and take pride in my hair.

asubeauty

- Use up or give away all of the products under my bathroom sink and only buy products when I actually need them.

- Learn more ways to style my transitioning hair so I don't get bored since I don't plan to BC till 2011.

30something

Only 4 relaxers in 2010 (Will have no problem doing so)
Stock up on what works, and no more new conditioners.
95% of the time protective styles
Reduce heat, air drying more often

20perlz

My hair resolutions are: (1) K.I.S.S. and (2) to get my hair back to thick healthy APL (3) to stop the breakage and KEEP it stopped (4) to protective style and wig until I can get it back together......

Nyssa28

I plan on going to the next level with my haircare...Meaning, learning about the chemicals in the products that I use.

mili

Hi All:

For me I will be more consistent with my current regimen, I will continue being Natural (no perms, no texturizers etc. for now )will work on retaining more length, by applying heat (Press/Flat Iron) once every 2-3 weeks, will locate a stylist that is willing to assist in my pursuit of waist length natural hair. Current length is APL so I have a bit of time to locate the perfect stylist.

Hi All:

For me I will be more consistent with my current regimen, I will continue being Natural (no perms, no texturizers etc. for now )will work on retaining more length, by applying heat (Press/Flat Iron or other not the blow dryer) once every 2-3 weeks, this will allow rest from it being so curly all of the time and the ends snapping, so far it appears to be working, I see much less shedding when I comb my hair out so that is a WONDERFUL start. And will locate a stylist that is willing to assist in my pursuit of waist length natural hair. Current length is APL so I have a bit of time to locate the perfect stylist.

Last edited:

epiphany braids

Use ALL NATURAL HAIR PRODUCTS!!! :lick:
sticking to my regi, learning how to do and keep protective styles in my hair:grin:
continue to educate my self about my hair and other things as well:grin:

MrsSmitty77

My goals for 2010 include:
-Sticking to my stretching goal, if I am going 12 weeks I wont relax at 9 because I have an event
-Try to do more rollersets
-Keep up with my vitamin and water intake
-Not be afraid to try different styles
-Figure out the best way to braid my hair for a braidout

Adaoba2012

For 2010 I plan to:
-only relax 3 times this year..excluding my edges for the whole year and only texlaxing my nape
-Overnight prepoo before every wash even while in a weave
-Remember to moisturize twice a day
-Switch to Lye relaxer
-Less direct heat
-continue to weave it up
-Dusting and S&D only!

cch24

My 2010 Hair Resolutions-
continue transitioning until October at least
take care of my ends
direct heat four times a year, maximum

Demi27

I am going to keep it simple by keeping my hair away from myself.

When my mom used to braid my hair up, it was the longest it's ever been. When I started putting my hands in it, that was all she wrote. So, I'm weaving it up for 2010 (or at least 1/2 of it) until I can get it back to a length I can manage.