Hair Care Graveyard!

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Post your discontinued hair care products here and why you miss them.

I don’t know if there is a thread already, so I’m starting a new one. :D Please feel free to include impossible-to-find items as well as great products that changed their formulas and no longer “work” as well, not necessarily discontinued ones. Items can include products, styling tools, even vendors.

First item in the list:

Miss Cool 5-Minute Set: I loved the fact that I could do a quick, no-heat set before going to work. It kept my hair so soft, silky, and smooth after roller sets and wraps. I’ve only got a couple of ounces left of my last bottle, and I ration it. Why, oh, why was this discontinued?!?!? :whyme: :cry2:

HoneyDew

Legend said:
Post your discontinued hair care products here and why you miss them.

I don’t know if there is a thread already, so I’m starting a new one. :D Please feel free to include impossible-to-find items as well as great products that changed their formulas and no longer “work” as well, not necessarily discontinued ones. Items can include products, styling tools, even vendors.

First item in the list:

Miss Cool 5-Minute Set: I loved the fact that I could do a quick, no-heat set before going to work. It kept my hair so soft, silky, and smooth after roller sets and wraps. I’ve only got a couple of ounces left of my last bottle, and I ration it. Why, oh, why was this discontinued?!?!? :whyme: :cry2:

All of my products are still in rotation except that my favorite relaxer, TCB Naturals, the original one, is hard to find. They have some new "economical size" that is crap.

Anyway, my local beauty supply still carries the Miss Cool 5-min set. Maybe they just have not sold out of it, but they do have it.

I have to go there tomorrow, I will check again.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
HoneyDew said:
All of my products are still in rotation except that my favorite relaxer, TCB Naturals, the original one, is hard to find. They have some new "economical size" that is crap.

Anyway, my local beauty supply still carries the Miss Cool 5-min set. Maybe they just have not sold out of it, but they do have it.

I have to go there tomorrow, I will check again.

Oh, I wish!! :( I can't find it anywhere.

Arcadian

Shea butter because I've found a mix that works much better for my hair and caster oil which never did anything for me but give me flakes.

I've not started getting rid of stuff yet but I need to. (them two are at the top of the heap)

-A

sweetcashew

John Frieda relax serum. My hair really loved this. I would apply this blow out my hair on warm and my hair would be straight as if I flat-ironed it.

L'oreal casting tone on tone hair color in cinnamon and honey. This was when I use to use my natural blond hair color. I'd apply castings tone on tone just to the top front of my hair. It was gorgeous. Man just thinking about that makes me want to let my natural color come back.

I'm sure there are more. I just can't remember them now.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
sweetcashew said:
John Frieda relax serum. My hair really loved this. I would apply this blow out my hair on warm and my hair would be straight as if I flat-ironed it.

I didn't realize this line was discontinued. :eek: There was this really light hydrating balm I really liked. I actually still have a container of it in my bed-side drawer.

sherann

The old pantene light detangling spray. That thing used to make my tangles disappear. I tried the newer one (with proteins etc added) and found that if I used a lot my hair got hard. I have an extra bottle of the original stuff left and I'm rationing that.

Allandra

sherann said:
The old pantene light detangling spray. That thing used to make my tangles disappear. I tried the newer one (with proteins etc added) and found that if I used a lot my hair got hard. I have an extra bottle of the original stuff left and I'm rationing that.
Thank goodness I still have a bottle of the old formula. I had no idea this product had changed. I'm going to see if I can find any more of the old forumula in my area.

Glitter

suave milk and honey conditioner. i LOVED this stuff. I have two bottles of it left and I'm going through them very slowly. i'm not ready to branch out to the rest of the Suave naturals line yet, lol.

also, vo5 blueberries and cream. i'm sure it's close to the same formula as strawberries and cream but i just really liked the smell of this one more.

KhandiB

I think I have that Balm in my hair chest just sittin there :lol:

My Suave Awaphui line was discontinued, and I didnt even know :(

Legend said:
I didn't realize this line was discontinued. :eek: There was this really light hydrating balm I really liked. I actually still have a container of it in my bed-side drawer.

shiningstar84

IvyHair said:
suave milk and honey conditioner. i LOVED this stuff. I have two bottles of it left and I'm going through them very slowly. i'm not ready to branch out to the rest of the Suave naturals line yet, lol.

also, vo5 blueberries and cream. i'm sure it's close to the same formula as strawberries and cream but i just really liked the smell of this one more.

email suave. they didnt discontinue the line. certain stores are no longer selling the milk n honey. they emailed me back a list of stores in my area that still sell milknhoney.

crlsweetie912

IvyHair said:

Suave Milk and honey is not discontinued. It's just hard to find. I came upon a few bottles in MD. I didn't really like it. If you want, I can get some and send to you?

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
OMG!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: African Heritage Silicone Sheen by Saroje International!

That product was the BOMB!!! :love: I used it all the time and it made my hair beautiful, long, moisturized, and even enhanced my natural color. My hair grew like a weed when I used this, and thickened up significantly. :yep:

For the closest comparison, it was like UBH Dew….on steroids with a caffeine high AND a sugar buzz :lol: ........Silicone Sheen was light-years ahead of Dew, which I purchased a couple of years later, hoping it would compare. It doesn’t. Period. :nono: So I’m still looking for a replacement. :(

Their web site is still up, but I tried calling Saroje and e-mailing them, but, alas, the company no longer exists as far as I know.

RIP, *sniffle* Silicone Sheen. :cry2: :crying3: :cry: :cry3:

http://www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/Salon/8824/

metalkitty

Got2B So Smooth Emergency Repair Creme, it made my hair so soft and detangle and was economical I didn't have a chance to stock up. Daily Defense Ginseng Boost was awesome, made my hair so strong and thats saying something for my hair.
On another note although word is that Milk & Honey by Suave is not being discontinued but only certain stores are carrying it, be careful this is a sign that they might stop selling it possibly. I didn't take that clue with other items and then they were just gone!

HoneyDew

I totally for got about my beloved Joico Moisturizer Conditioner. They discontinued it. :(

I bought the last liter my local Beauty First had and I have been using it sparingly.

They have some on Ebay, but I am always afraid of fake stuff.

Last edited:

Angelicus

Avon Advanced Techniques Deep Conditioning Mask... worked well two times when i didn't clarify.

Brentwood Salon Care Honey & Almonds Condtioner :( They changed the name, the formula, the label :cry3:

Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Aloe- The Lustrasilk Corporation of Gilette decided to fire 23 of it's 26 board of directors. Then they hired new chemists that turned my precious product into a piece of crap :swearing:

Optimum Rich Conditioner- Hey, is this really discontinued? I only find SUPER old bottles in asian BS stores.

I'll think of more later :lol:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
IvyHair said:

I had some bottles from like last year and I just used the last of the last one today. I will be stalking eBay for awhile.

dynamic1

Salon Selectives Loosely Defined - I have no idea why they discontinued this product, but they need to resurrect it!:cry2:

Phat hair Phunky Junk - I know this is a crazy name and I don't even know what made me try it. A few years ago, I used it for my straw sets and twist sets. My hair was shiny, bouncy and very soft. Never a crunchy moment!

(I did stock up on both, when they hit the discount store. What's the shelf life of this stuff anyway?)

sb44

Revlon Milk Plus 6... any formula, conditioner and shampoo in one. It gave me shine that no other product can come close to!

sherann

Allandra said:
Thank goodness I still have a bottle of the old formula. I had no idea this product had changed. I'm going to see if I can find any more of the old forumula in my area.

Allandra, were you able to find any bottles of the old formula in your area?