What's Your 2010 New Year's Resolution Regarding Hair Care?

Barbara

Princess
Even though we still have a few months to go before the new year, have you thought of some ideas or tips you will incorporate into your hair care regimen? If so, please feel free to list them.

My resolution is to use all of my products before I buy any more. :superbanana: If I feel tempted to try anything new, I'm going to put those items on a "wish list."

Last edited:

TeeWhyAre

To stick to a KISS regi, make it to stretched waist length by the end of summer, & be more versatile in my styles.

tocktick

* Finally reach MBL/WL (which means being consistent with my reggie, keeping up my no-trim challenge that has been going on since late May and being healthy)

Nice Lady

My new years resolution is to wear more protective styles. Have a simpler regimen and a consistent product line that I go to always. To stick to protective styles until I reach my goal.

Reecie

To make it to BSL by the end of 2010. I also want to stay consistent and never stop searching for new techniques, styles, and products. I want to continue to stick with protein (topical and internal) to keep my strands thick and healthy.

isabella09

Great post Barbara, I hope you don’t mind as you inspired me to post a similar thread in the Makeup and Skin care forum, Thank you.
I’m so fortunate to have found all my staples and have all the salon equipment I need so my new years resolution is to remain consistent with my simple regimen and products. Only to buy products to replenish my stock unless it’s an item actually needed/ will improve my regimen and lastly to focus my attention on hair knowledge, technique and understanding my hair, becoming it’s hair doctor; knowing exactly what it need’s when it need's it as appose to buying any new unnecessary products.

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I will keep up with my C&G method since it seems to be working. I will not but anymore products unless I need to replenish and since I now have all the salon equipment (steam, pibbs, fhi platform, fhi blow dryer) I should not need to get anymore. Maintain health ends and finally be BSL by Dec. 2010!

ajoyfuljoy

sticking to the basics. resisting all urges to cut or even go natural (b/c my relaxed hair is super healthy and I do enjoy it). riding it out until I see some serious length!

I'm a little past blunt, healthy, thick APL and have probably cut off all my pre-LHCF hair at this point. It is a dream to work with and I could completely imagine it being a lot longer so I am holding on!

My braidouts are starting to resemble the crinkly half wigs that I would wear (in thickness but not in length yet). My half wigs were between bra stap and waistlength (I have a high waist). I'm hoping for my real hair to be at least a BSL braidout!

Last edited:

shinyblackhair

I agree with everything that's been posted above. However, this is my second go-round with growing my hair to BSL. I acheived it in 05 then coloured my hair, and basically had to start over from neck length! I've got to be vigilant and not get too cocky or comfortable with my results and steer clear of any potential setbacks (ie. COLORING, LOL) So, I'm still fine tuning and tweaking my reggie, but I've got the basics down. I just need to get all the products that I need to round out my regimen.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
To stay in braids for the year. I know I can retain more length with less manipulation. I've never had a problem growing hair , it's keeping it off the floor that I've struggled with.

The Princess

Well I just clean out my product stash and mailing off all the "Fail" Products to my little cousin(3 boxes of products). My New Years resolution is to stick to products I know work, and only buy those products.

MiWay

To stick to a KISS regi, make it to stretched waist length by the end of summer, & be more versatile in my styles.

Same here! I'm going to keep it as simple as possible, and try to get to WL by Christmas. I really need some style versatility too...these wraps are getting more and more boring by the day.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
To make Better informed decisions making product purchases. Continue to Learn what my Hair-Needs (and when), Flexibility in My Regimen, Staying off of Bandwagons and overall, Keeping things simple.:yep:

La Colocha

My resolution is to be completely free of pjism and to do kiss from then on. And stick with the products that work for me and not to buy unless they are used up.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Stick with products that have been working for my hair
Not jumping on every bandwagon and trying each product thats a "rave"
Hair loves when I keep it simple. Staying with the basics
Baby my hairline now that it's come back home :lachen:(left for about three months)
Just b/c my hair is getting longer doesnt mean to start acting cute and using too much heat. Keep protective styling no matter how long my hair grows

wheezy807

Well i need a few months to think on it and get back to you. I have to see exactly where am at by the end of this year. Surprisely i've been very low maintenance aka lazy. I've managed keeping up my shampoo schedule (for the most part) but everything else has been m.i.a. Plus i'm hoping i'll be helping my sister start her healthy hair care journey by next year.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I want to be more of a DIY gurl, and finally get to ulimate goal of MBL in the back and BSL in front by July 2010

Aggie

In all honesty, I don't care about length right now. The fact that I am stretching for as long as I can right now for thicker, healthier hair is evidence of that.

I also want to be fully texlaxed by the end of 2010. My concentration will be on thicker, fuller, healthier hair with blunt cut ends.

I plan to keep my regimen a lot simpler next year as well, ie:

-keeping up with weekly porosity control,
-trims once every 4-6 months,
-henna treatments once a month,
-indigo treatments once every 2-4 weeks depending on how fast my grays grow out,
-other ayurveda treatments once a week to every 2 weeks,
-weekly protein treatments followed by deep conditioning,
-daily moisturizing and baggying for 1 or 2 days following my henna and indigo treatments,
-texlaxing consistently every 12-14 weeks.

I will be more concerned about length in 2011 but next year, I have got to get my ends thick and healthy again. All of my product junkie experimentations are pretty much over, and now I know what I really want to do with my hair....finally! Praise the Lord!

Aggie

To make Better informed decisions making product purchases. Continue to Learn what my Hair-Needs (and when), Flexibility in My Regimen, Staying off of Bandwagons and overall, Keeping things simple.:yep:

I definitely concur with staying off of bandwagons. No more of those for me:nono:.

ceebee3

Well I'm just going to stick to what's been working for me and not experiment with my hair. I used the first year of my journey to do that and I know what works now.

No need to be experimental in 2010.

Junebug D

To not cut. (Looks like I'll make it through 2009 with no cut!)

To make my final decision and be at peace with it, whether it is to relax, loc, or remain natural.

To have at least a few strands touching BSL. :lol:

No more product junkieism!

fattyfatfat

I hope to be back to shoulder length in 2010. I was shoulder length and this scissor happy stylist thought "trim" meant cut my hair to ear length :nono::nono::ohwell::ohwell::sad::sad:. I am not happy at all.

aquajoyice

My goal is to reach a healthy full MBL and maintain. After i've completed my 6 month stretch I plan on texlaxing every 5 months.

Saffirejuiliet

In 2010, I want to stay consistent with products and my routine, grow my hair to WL and beyond, and grow out some of my layers.