New Year's Hair Resolution-Breaking Bad Habits

Pumpkin

New Year\'s Hair Resolution-Breaking Bad Habits

What bad habit regarding your hair will you stop in the new year? C'mon fess up because you know you do. I say this because as much as I love my hair I do things that are detrimental to it. This will be an opprotunity to come clean and resolve these issues before they become a serious problem.

Here is my confesion:
1) I ALWAYS play with my hair and need to stop manipulating it. Any chance I get, I comb it and play with it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

2) I still cannot let go of the mentality that washing hair often is not bad. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

3) I often go to bed without caring for my hair in the proper way. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

4) I rarely oil my ends anymore. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I vow to fix these bad habits in the new year. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

pebbles

Re: New Year\'s Hair Resolution-Breaking Bad Habits

Hi Pumpkin,

My bad habit is touching my hair all day. I've had this habit as a child and still can't break it. I always have a lock of my hair that I'm twisting the heck out of. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I need to stop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Pumpkin,

Good for you for wanting to change/eliminate your bad hair habits.

One thing I would advise is to start today rather than wait for the New Year. I personally believe if there are things you want to achieve, change, eliminate from your life then start today (a new day) when making that change rather than waiting for the new year to start. I know it's all traditional to make changes at the beginning of the year because it's just that, a new year, a fresh start. But it can always be the start of a new year at any time when you know there is something you want to achieve. I also think that if you make some sort of resolution any day except the 1st of January then you are more inclined to stick with it. I swear some people make resolutions like to lose weight on the 1st on purpose knowing full well they won't stick to it and people who break resolutions are "let off" as it's also the norm for people to never fully accomplish them.

I made some goals call them resolutions if you may on the 4th December and wrote them all down (not hair related goals) but things that I feel I need to get SORTED in my life. I just feel for me that waiting till the 1st is a waste of precious time and if it's that important for me to change anything it can start there and then.

Fashionista

1. Stop playing with my hair (I have this one spot in the back that I always pull and twist and it doesn't grow as long beacause of this)

2. Really pay attention to my hair prior to going to bed instead of just wrapping it up and throwing a scarf on

3. Keep my hair moistuized

My Resolutions:

1. Stop being a PJ and enjoy the products I have and build continuity with those /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Don't see anyone else for touch ups but Marceea my hairdresser friend. Anyone else just burns me - no matter who they are /images/graemlins/mad.gif

3. Always do conditioner rinses after I work out.

4. Don't play with my hair /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

hairfanatic

Cutting...I think I am worser than a scissor happy beautician. I just finished cutting my hair to my neck in a bob. I will say...I LOVE IT! It's all even.

ms_kenesha

<ul type="square"> <font color="red"> [*]Moisturize my hair before throwing the scarf on at night
[*] Moisturize daily
[*] Bring my scarf or bonnet when I'm at my man's house
(his silly behind actually thinks my bonnet is cute, calls me "bonnet head" /images/graemlins/grin.gif)
[*] Do more roller sets
[*] Experiment until I figure out my magic protein/moisture formula [/list] </font color>

Peachtree

I'm happy to say that I have not formed any unhealthy hair habits...maybe because I've just began my committment to healthier hair just 3.5 mths ago. I am truly dedicated to following through with my regime. I'm sooo proud of myself.

But then again, the more I think about it....well, I could "protect" my hair more. I've just discovered the "braid out" &amp; have been wearing the hair down. So I guess I could start wearing more "up do" styles, even while sporting a braid out.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'm happy to say that I have not formed any unhealthy hair habits...maybe because I've just began my committment to healthier hair just 3.5 mths ago. I am truly dedicated to following through with my regime. I'm sooo proud of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh peachtree could you be anymore perfect.???? LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D:D Just on a whole you sound a totally together, strong, god fearing woman.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Bring my scarf or bonnet when I'm at my man's house
(his silly behind actually thinks my bonnet is cute, calls me "bonnet head" )

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO You're gonna make me choke on my mashed potatoes.

Why can't the bedtime headgear just look sexy? It can NEVER go with any sexy lingirie

Tracy

Wear my hair up 75 percent of the time....that equates (yes I did the math....) to about 5 days per week. Roughly. So I'm going to wear my hair down the first day after a wash, and then up until the next wash until June and see how much growth I accumulate doing it. I really want to see if protective styles impact MY ability to retain length based on my hairtype and the particular issues it has.

I also want to conquer my PJdom (I got organized at least and for me that's the first battle) and really begin to build a family of products that works for me unfailingly. I already have some. I still have a moisturizing conditioner (aside from Pantene and Feria - want something a little less cone heavy) to find.

The other thing is to stay consistent in my care overall. I tend to slack on one thing or another all the time. If it's not one thing ity's something else. I really want the routine I posted on the 365 thread to be my routine for the life of my hair growing journey. I know consistency is key and I really want to try to make that happen. For the coming year and beyond.

Honey01

I keep a a satin scarf over at my honey's house. He hates to see me in my scarf/bonnet. You would think he would be used to it seeing as how we have been together for almost six years. What's funny is that my hair obsession is getting to the point where I can't even cuddle w/ my man in peace (laying my head on his clothing/blankets w/o my scarf freaks me out) .
Anyway...I curbed or stopped most of my bad bad habits.
The major thing is for me NOT to buy any more products, period.
I think I also want to try going the salon more often. The only problem w/ that, besides the hours I spend rotting away there, is my salon only offer blowouts.

Ennyaa

I really don't think I have any bad habits left thanks to this board. /images/graemlins/grin.gif But my New Year's Resolution is to drink LOTS more water. I'll try to get up to the half gallon a day that I see recommended pretty often.