What is your hair care budget?

I need the bare essentials, too...I have three kids, work full-time, and I just enrolled in shool full-time....I can't really afford to spend a whole lot of money or time on my hair. I have this year, so far, spent about $70 on deep conditioner, moisturizer, and a creme moisturizer. I have bought some Surge, mango butter, a phony bun, some WGO, vaseline, baggies, ouchless ponytailers, and a moisturizing shampoo. Still on the list of things to get are MSM powder, some cheap conditioner, biotin, flaxseed oil, and blender and stuff to make protein shakes...whew!!! I may start doing my own relaxers this year but it just looks so much better after my hairdresser does it. All in all, I am going to try to keep it under $1200 for the year. That's for me and my daughter....$100/month seems reasonable. Oh, and I want to try some of CD's products before the end of the year.

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
am i the poorest/most hair frugal person on this board or something?
look.gif

well shoot if my sugardaddy acted right i would be a PJ again
angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
am i the poorest/most hair frugal person on this board or something?
look.gif

well shoot if my sugardaddy acted right i would be a PJ again
angry2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Anky, you got a friend in me (woody's song in toy story).
My staples are CON shampoo, clairol 5x conditioner, redken anti-snap leave in, s-curl, redken deep fuel, acv and safflower oil. I almost forgot my vitamins and since I hate taking pills of any kind, I'll limit them to Z-BEC, b-5, Iron and Flax seed oil
My, I think that did add up,
ohwell.gif
but my hair's never looked this good
cool.gif
smile.gif

I'd estimate over two months (since that's how lonh most bottles of Shampoo and conditioner last me)
- Shampoo: Between $3(CON from local CVS) and $6 (online Nature's Gate)
- Nature's Gate Conditioner: $6 (online)
- Profective Root Health : $5.30 for two week's worth of this
blush.gif
, so for two months, $21.00!
blush.gif

- random hair accessories from Claire's: $15.

TOTAL: $50.30 for two month's worth of hair stuff. Not TOO bad, but I should try to cut down seeing as if I'm a broke college student.
wallbash.gif

I'm so proud of myself...I havn't spent any money on hair products this year yet...but everytime I got to the Beuaty Supply Store I leave with more than I planned on getting, sometimes leaving behind something that I needed
laugh.gif
!!!

But, I used to get a touch-up every four weeks which was $55 at least, extra for deep conditioning and trims. Lately I've been getting touch-ups at home w/ Motions Oil Relaxer. I don't really have a budget, I just buy new products that I want to try. But, I have so many products now...I need to stop buying new ones and use the ones I already have.
smile.gif

I love this tread!! I'm hoping it will help me to spend less. I started a spread sheet. For Jan I've spent $130
frown.gif
But i needed everything i bought.
Keracare silk /seal 24.95
Keracare silk /seal spray 19.95
Keracare conditioner 12.95
Aphogree vitamin style gel 5.99
Smooth and Shine gel 5.99
Phony pony*3 59.79
I'm going to try not to spend money on hair for FEB.

[ QUOTE ]
shan_2001 said:
I'd estimate over two months (since that's how lonh most bottles of Shampoo and conditioner last me)
- Shampoo: Between $3(CON from local CVS) and $6 (online Nature's Gate)
- Nature's Gate Conditioner: $6 (online)
- Profective Root Health : $5.30 for two week's worth of this
blush.gif
, so for two months, $21.00!
blush.gif

- random hair accessories from Claire's: $15.

TOTAL: $50.30 for two month's worth of hair stuff. Not TOO bad, but I should try to cut down seeing as if I'm a broke college student.
wallbash.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I go through Root Health like water too... They really need to make it in a bigger container.
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I don't have a set budget. All I know is that I spent waaaay too much money on hair care in 2003. That's why I'm doing the Product Junkie Challenge, hopefully til June!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I figured that it would be a good idea to keep the receipts from the hair stuff we buy while on the challenge and set up a budget from that information. That way by having a set $ amount to spend on hair products per month, we'll be less likely to overspend.

I think I could definitely spend less on hair products monthly and probably supplements too.

Just like some women never tell their age....Um, a PJ never tells her hair budget.
shocked.gif

This year's receipt pile won't be as many as last year's pile. To date I have spent $0.00
grin.gif

I don't really have a budget specifically for hair care but I do track what I spend and I just ran some reports. Quite interesting...

So far this year I've spent $178 on hair supplies.
Last year, I spent a total of $707 on hair supplies and a grand total of $1,104 on hair supplies and hair salon trips.
Last year by the end of April, I'd spent $230 just on going to the hair salon and that is b/c I was not yet purposely taking care of my hair so not yet a product junkie.

The way I look at it, I'm doing better this year b/c I've spent less money on my hair than I would have normally. Now, let me see what I want to buy from fromnaturewithlove.
smile.gif

So far this year I've spent $213.28. This includes EVERYTHING that I've purchased for my hair (which includes my trip to the salon in January for a relaxer touch-up).

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
How much is your touch-up, Allandra?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you thinking about relaxing again or just curious about the price?

That is a cheap price for a touch-up! Wow! But just wondering what helps add up to the $213? What else did you buy?

So, far I haven't spent over 50 dollars on hair supplies. I'm not a pj.
naughty.gif
smile.gif
So, I buy what I need and that's it. I took a chance on the Surge and I know that once I'm out... I'll buy the oil again but not the Revitalizer... I think that only causes build up. But time will tell..

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
That is a cheap price for a touch-up! Wow! But just wondering what helps add up to the $213? What else did you buy?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I get a chance, I'll see about putting it on my website.

Well, mine is 30 per month on products.

I only take a multivitamin now, so that's about 8 dollars and one bottle lasts for like... 6 months. so that's 16 dollars

Then I get a relaxer twice a year... costs about 15 dollars (I do it myself)

406 dollars. Not bad!

ummm this is sickening, but I have spent about (estimating) 800 dollars in the last two months , stocking up on hair stuff, oils and butters and all the regular products....this made me so sick at first , untill i looked at it like this....

I can stretch all this stuff out to last at least 8 months (i'm pretty sure i can) plus this is for two head of hair....

so when broken down , its 100 dollars a month, 50 dollars a head...ahhh thank God for justification

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Wow, what did you buy in the last 2 months??

[/ QUOTE ]

girl, tons of oils and butters. i got lbs and lbs of them, i know they will last till the end of the year at least. (they should)

then i figured well im all stocked up for that , so i might as well stock up on the rest of the stuff, so i went to Salley's and got a few tubs of my conditioners and some leave in's .and some oil lotions (just wanted to try them) and some shampoo (which i hardly use anyway) plus add in that Aveda and girl im about (if not over) the 800 dollar mark....i did it so easily too. lol.

But i refuse to spend another red cent on any thing for our hair, for as close to 8 months as i can get...i was outta control
laugh.gif

oh yeah i stocked up on Elasta QP mango butter (5), and got some setting lotions...and some accesories (which i never buy)
girl once you get started, before you know it , your overboard.

but im done now...oh yeah and i got, silk protien, wheat protien and panthenol to add to the my oil/butter mixtures.....umm basically i went crazy , i admit it.
ohwell.gif

Well, it depends on the month, the season, and how much discretionary income I have to spend on "trying out" things.

Anyway, to directly answer the question more directly:

•$65.00 on relaxer touch-ups every eight weeks
•$60.00 every month for two deep conditioning treatments w/ the steamer
•$100.00 a year on hair care products -shampoo, conditioner, special hair treatments, serum, glossifier, setting lotion, replacement comb attachments for blow dryer, plastic conditioning caps, etc.

From July 2003 to the present time, I have been stocking up on products and tools. So, things such as a hood dryer was a one-time expense of about $40.00. I have also purchased a paddle brush, a wrap scarf, combs for setting and styling, rollers for wet and dry sets, and on a variety of products which were "hits" and "misses" along the way.

So, over the course of an eight-week period, I might spend $130.00 for salon visits. On products and tools, it varies depending on what I need. For the month of April, I have spent $3.99 for Head and Shoulders Shampoo, $3.00 for a wrap scarf, $2.00 for extra-large bobby pins for wrap setting, $5.00 for a styling comb, and $14.00 for the Paul Mitchell "Super Skinny" Serum.

The flat iron, as you may know, was a birthday gift from Mommy and Popi.:)

northernbelle

Even though I'm also a broke college student, I don't have a budget on hair care products right now. I'm allowing myself to spend an unlimited amount of what little money I have on hair care products, skin care stuff, other beauty luxuries and etc... I figure that I will treat myself now while I'm still single and living on my own because once the marriage and children come I won't be able to spend everything on me. So right now it's all about me
grin.gif
laugh.gif

This year I bought one of those professional hooded dryers from Sally's for about $110.00, had a $65.00 relaxer re-touch in February, spent a few hundred dollars on wash and roller-sets, and at least $200.00 on hair products.
crazy.gif
Wow, now that I look at it I'm feeling a little crazy for spending so much on hair stuff. Ah well, until the marriage and kids I get to spend on me me meeeeeee!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still have no hair budget I buy my hair products in spurts or if I see it on sale and it works well on my hair
I stock pile.

i dont really have a hair budget.. my mother is a hair stylist so i get most of my stuff from her. plus im not big on buying 200 products when it comes to my hair less is more. as for this year so far i probably spent like 30 dollars lol on lekairs conditioner cause my mom cant find that at wholesale. the rest of my products and services are free.

Back