What does Long Hair Dont Care mean?

Anakinsmomma

She was probably being sarcastic about all the instructions you were giving the stylist. Like "yea, she making sure she keeps that long hair on her head..."

She should have been taking notes :look:

tmhuggiebear

Ok, now I feel like an idiot because I thought it meant that you have long hair because you don't do too much to it.

I've noticed that usually the people with the longest hair have the simplest regimes aka don't care" The people with shorter hair are the ones who do too much aka shampooing too frequently, always combing, blow drying alot. etc...

yorkpatties

OP, you see you got like 30 different meanings just in this one thread. You'll NEVER know what that other stylist meant because it means something different to everyone.

Maybe you just reminded her of the youtube chick. *shrug*

Bluetopia

As stated before it means ur rocking long hair w/o shame.

Its usually meant for real, god-givenl long hair but women with weaves have started saying it too in a tongue in cheek kinda way (as in "its mine cause I bought it").

But it was certainly NOT originated by Lil Wayne or any other rapper lol. Its been around for ages. Way before there was a Cash Money or LHCF. That would be like giving Weezy credit for coining the phrase "the grass is always greener" just cause he happened to mention it in a lyric.

CurlsBazillion

...I mean dang, was the other stylist yellin out long hair don't care like will smith yelled out dum dum ditty? Was she off her meds? Weird!!

off topic I use to think the dude Avery Smith that sang the hook on Rick Ross' "Here I am" name was long hair don't care...i don't remember why lol.

tmhuggiebear said:
Ok, now I feel like an idiot because I thought it meant that you have long hair because you don't do too much to it.

I've noticed that usually the people with the longest hair have the simplest regimes aka don't care" The people with shorter hair are the ones who do too much aka shampooing too frequently, always combing, blow drying alot. etc...

I kinda feel that way now that my hair is closer to apl I don't stress as much as I use too. My regi is so simple and the products I buy are inexpensive. I don't try any new bandwagon or nuthin. I care about my hair but not as much as I use too. I just leave it alone and keep it moving. Long hair don't care. Anyway that's what it means to me....

pookaloo83

Bluetopia said:
As stated before it means ur rocking long hair w/o shame.

Its usually meant for real, god-givenl long hair but women with weaves have started saying it too in a tongue in cheek kinda way (as in "its mine cause I bought it").

But it was certainly NOT originated by Lil Wayne or any other rapper lol. Its been around for ages. Way before there was a Cash Money or LHCF. That would be like giving Weezy credit for coining the phrase "the grass is always greener" just cause he happened to mention it in a lyric.

Hmm cause I've never heard anyone say it before him. It's so random. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s

SmilingElephant

...I mean dang, was the other stylist yellin out long hair don't care like will smith yelled out dum dum ditty? Was she off her meds? Weird!!

off topic I use to think the dude Avery Smith that sang the hook on Rick Ross' "Here I am" name was long hair don't care...i don't remember why lol.

Sooooo....i just died!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Blairx0

As painfully out of touch as I can be a year or so ago I heard men saying this and I quickly realized they weren't talking about the hair on a women's hair. The lol Wayne popularized phrase means he doesnt date if she has long hair on her girl parts ( is that PC enough?)he would still be with her. I was happy when this phrase became revamped to discuss confidence stemming from long hair even if it often store bought.

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=long hair don't care

Bluetopia

So basically no one knows what it means.

It seems a ton of us are in agreement and know what it means but those who didn't have gotten really creative with coming up with their own interpretions. Its such an old/common phrase I had no clue it was causing so much confusion on the low low.

Its meant to be a compliment but the stylist who kept saying it sounds like she might've been mocking a little or perhaps a bit overzealous in keeping an eye on OP's business.

virtuenow

But long hair does care, that's why we're all here...I know not the meaning of this term and it doesn't apply here.

iri9109

this reminds me of when my friend was looking up info on weaves, and somehow she saw my pics on here, and was like "i saw your pics on a long hair dont care forum!" lol

Uniqzoe

I think btwn apl and bsl. I had my dh take some pics and he took pics of his fingers :ohwell:

:lachen:^^^ This is exactly why I don't ask my dh to take pics of my hair!!

But to answer your question, with the additional details you gave it sounds like it was meant to be a dig. You know some stylist hate to see us "know-it-all forum girls" come through the door cause we make them work for that money honey!!!

tarheelgurl

Long hair don't care has been around waaaaay before lil wayne said it. I remember people saying it in high school back in the 80's. I never knew what it meant.

My Friend

Based on the situation and some input from the board, I'm going to take it as, since I was giving instructions to the stylist, had all my tools and products, and my hair was being admired by the whole shop that it was a mix of sarcasm, jealous and a compliment all rolled into one :yep:

ManeStreet

I think l Wayne started it but I remember Lloyd saying it as well. Men I guess aren't supposed to have long hair. So he said long hair don't care. Like I don't care what y'all think.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

^ What she said. Lloyd and wayne said it. It was like they are going against society having long hair.

BEAUTYU2U

I thought this saying was an old one. I doubt Wayne made it up :lol: But yes, it's a saying about attitude. Like "you can't tell me nothing, I know my hair look good."