Votes: 109 66.9%
  • No- the state of clients' hair is what determines ability

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlamSuiteSalon

You can't always go by how the hair stylist hair looks. Yes, I do my own hair and keep my self looking presentable. However, I know a lot of stylist who let other stylist take care & do their hair for them. Yes, you want to go to a stylist that keeps her own hair together. However, what's most important is to watch the hair of her clients. Is their hair healthy? If sombody has been going to the same stylist every week for 3 years and they have been trying to grow out their chin length bob, and 3 years later you still have a bob. Somethings wrong with that picture.......

maxineshaw

I know people who do things (and well) for a living for others, but they don't do it for themselves. Clean houses (their own looks terrible); take care of families (too much drama in their own).

When I was in Jr. High, I used to get my hair cut at this place called BoRics. This lady who trimmed my ends had the worst weave I have ever seen. I used to call her Wacky Weave. She literally looked like she had on a Morticia Adams wig that went all the way down her back. However, the wig/weave looked at those she pulled it out of a pile of leaves in someone's backyard.

She cut my hair alright though. I went to her two or three times before I got too scared and went elsewhere.

I actually voted yes though. It's the principle of the thang.:lol: I don't want anyone touching my hair who doesn't respect their craft well enough to represent themselves well...especially when I'm spending my hard earned money. At least look decent. Not fancy, just decent and healthy hair.

Solitude

I voted yes, but then I thought about how some stylists are too busy to take care of their own hair. Maybe it doesn't really matter.

Ivonnovi

:bump: BuMpItY :bump:

Lately I've been feeling the same way about Make-Up artist, especially the ones that look like they could be in a Seaborn YouTube video (or whateva' his name is)

beana

Since I started doing other people's hair I haven't had much time to do my own. My hair is healthy, its just not "styled" or done most of the time. I admit I need to work on having my own hair done more often.

My Friend

I think it depends on the stylist and the client. I had a stylist who was the bomb in cuts and styling. She had short unhealthy hair. At that time in my life, I thought as a BM that was the only choice I had.

I can also share from experience, some people want long hair but they are not ready to give up "the look" until they get to apl or bsl :nono: Some ladies love the fried, dyed and laid to the side look. They love the bone straight, high heat, hard as a rock styles. Those styles can be done by a stylist with long healthy hair.

I think a stylist going to work with her hair looking crazy can sometimes be more of a professional status as oppose to ability. Nowadays, wigs come in too many styles for you to have a bad hair day or too tired to look presentable. It takes all of 10 minutes to get that wig together.