What does Long Hair Dont Care mean?

My Friend

Over the holidays, I decided to go to the salon. Well, of course I talked my stylist through the process about how I wanted my hair serviced. This other stylist w/o a client would yell out evey now and then "Long Hair Don't Care".

Where they making fun of me? What does that mean when someone says that?

truequeen06

I don't think she was making fun of you. People just say that when someone has long hair that's their own. Lil Wayne says it all the time.

My Friend

I don't think she was making fun of you. People just say that when someone has long hair that's their own. Lil Wayne says it all the time.

So why wouldnt they say long hair "Insert something else" instead of don't care?

ETA: When lil Wayne is saying it, what context is in it? What is the complete sentence or statement he's trying to make?

ChasingBliss

When I was on facebook, my daughter posted that under one of my pics. That's when I found out what it meant. I guess the meaning is obvious but I too needed to ask.

melissa-bee

It's just a silly little saying. She wasn't making fun of you.
I'm laughing at her randomly shouting it out though. Was she caribbean?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

Beverly Ann Properties

Longhairdontcare is an icon on You Tube. She is a straight hair natural with beautiful hair. She used that name when she was walking down the street in NYC and a guy just said to her Longhairdontcare. It was a compliment about the lenght of her hair. She states this in one of her videos. I think she is hip length now.

DaiseeDay

Yeah I take it to mean someone is workin' it. I've also seen "red hair don't care".

I find it funny that she kept saying it lol. Was she just staring at you getting your hair done? Or maybe she was singing the Lil' Wayne song.

lovebug10

I have friends who get really long weaves and they say long hair don't care. Because of that I alway associated it with ladies who have very long weaves and don't care that it's not naturally from their head. However more recently a natural friend of mine said it and she is natural BSL and always wears her hair straight. It can go both ways I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

pookaloo83

I think l Wayne started it but I remember Lloyd saying it as well. Men I guess aren't supposed to have long hair. So he said long hair don't care. Like I don't care what y'all think.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I always wanted to know this too. I first heard the expression from the Youtuber with that name. I assumed it meant "I have long hair so I don't care about anything else".

But if I heard the expression without seeing that the youtuber had long hair I would have thought it meant that I don't care if I don't have long hair.

Still, it sounds a little strange for the woman to keep repeating it like that.

KurlyNinja

Its REALLY suppose to mean that the person has long hair and dont care about the fact that its long. Therefore meaning that person has probably had long hair their whole life. It also has a double meaning to it. Which also means that since the person has long hair they dont really care about what other people think of them or say about them. They have long hair and they dont care.

Tiye

I didn't know where it came from but I assumed it was a rap or song lyric - that's how most of these things filter their way into everyday speech/e-speech. Now I know I guess. :)

isawstars

My hair is long, I'm cute, and don't care what haters have to say about it.

Lol idk

That's actually what I thought it meant. But I don't know for sure. I never heard it until I saw the user name on this board... and I think in a couple people's siggies too

SmilingElephant

My hair is long, I'm cute, and don't care what haters have to say about it.

Lol idk

^^That's EXACTLY what it means. It's a compliment...and she was probably amazed by your hair...that's prolly why she kept saying it:yep:

I like "Long hair don't care!!" waaaay better than "Aye RED!!":lol: (Southern thing)

Zaz

In the context of Lil Wayne and I know a group of white skater boys has a song about it, I figured it to mean they have long hair and don't care what society thinks about it since they're men. Meaning people expect them to have short hair but they have long hair, don't care.

But for women, I guess longer, wild hair is usually associated with a care free bohemian attitude. I wear my hair long and don't have a care in the world kinda thing.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I think l Wayne started it but I remember Lloyd saying it as well. Men I guess aren't supposed to have long hair. So he said long hair don't care. Like I don't care what y'all think.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I don't think so because I saw it before then. Could be wrong though

CurliDiva

Ok. I'm just not getting why people in real life (not cyber, and won't use anything Lil Wayne raps about as my guide for speech but) would use this phrase.

If the person with the "long hair said it, then I would equate to to "yes. my hair is long, and I don't care if you believe me: kind of thing.

But IMO someone else saying or rather just yelling this out repeatly seems like a DIG to me..... "like you have long hair, but your are still not all that or pretty, etc..."

LaFemmeNaturelle

Ok. I'm just not getting why people in real life (not cyber, and won't use anything Lil Wayne raps about as my guide for speech but) would use this phrase.

If the person with the "long hair said it, then I would equate to to "yes. my hair is long, and I don't care if you believe me: kind of thing.

But IMO someone else saying or rather just yelling this out repeatly seems like a DIG to me..... "like you have long hair, but your are still not all that or pretty, etc..."

When someone says it to me it usually means more like "I see you wit ya long hair"....like you're looking good. That's from men and women.

Now for her to repeatedly say it is weird...:look:

Last edited:

My Friend

Whenever I would tell the stylist how I wanted something done to my hair, the other stylist would say 'Long Hair Dont Care' with a lil smirk on her face. She said it about 3 times but it was right after I gave my stylist instructions. I also had all my own hair products, combs, clips, bobbi pins, etc :look:

Yes, I was the "good hair" person in the salon. I mentioned in another tread, how weird I felt, because people were staring at me while she flat ironed my hair. By LHCF standards, I am a chicken head :yep: looking at the heads in that salon, I felt like my hair was floor length.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Whenever I would tell the stylist how I wanted something done to my hair, the other stylist would say 'Long Hair Dont Care' with a lil smirk on her face. She said it about 3 times but it was right after I gave my stylist instructions. I also had all my own hair products, combs, clips, bobbi pins, etc :look:

Yes, I was the "good hair" person in the salon. I mentioned in another tread, how weird I felt, because people were staring at me while she flat ironed my hair. By LHCF standards, I am a chicken head :yep: looking at the heads in that salon, I felt like my hair was floor length.

that wasn't a compliment. she was hating! :lol:

HighAspirations

My Friend said:

Lol what length are you? JW