What do I do with my hair under a half wig?

*KP*

I recently bought a half wig to give me some variety with my protective styling. I leave the front 2-3 inches of my own hair out to blend but I don't know what to do with the covered part of my hair.

I can't wrap it and wear a wig cap because I can only wrap the whole of my head. I'm reluctant to cornrow it because I don't see myself wearing the half wig for several days in a row.

What do you girls do to protect you hair from rubbing up against the wig and keep it moisturized?

:lol: was going to suggest cornrows and a wig cap. Well I think you should do a simple twist bun and put on a wig cap

:lol: was going to suggest cornrows and a wig cap. Well I think you should do a simple twist bun and put on a wig cap

And it won't make the back lumpy?

I don't wear a half wig...but I would assume that you could pincurl and baggy the covered section....

How do I baggy the covered section? I've seen it on the boards before but have no idea how to.

Thanks

I just bought one yesterday and I washed and dc my hair. This morning
I cornrowed my hair down and sprayed it with stasoffro mixed w/infusium 23
and put some coconut oil to seal in moisture. I then put on the
half wig. I am trying to use this as a protective style to stretch the
relaxer to 10 weeks. Any suggestions are welcome.

What might be easiest PLUS protect hair underneath is to section hair that will be underneath in 2 sections (top and bottom), moisturize, then place a plastic shower cap over back portion and secure top with a few bobby pins to ward off slippage THEN just slap that bad boy on and go! :grin: I'm wearing a full wig now and the baggies is a lil easier BUT I've done it both ways with great susscess AND no embarraasing moments! :look:

I moisturize, seal w/ castor oil and then cross wrap the back- it works like a charm, and my hair stays moist.

You can put a conditioner bag on the back of your head with some leave in or a cheapie and do a baggie on the back of your head.

You can just put 4 big braids in the back and place a wig cap on the back of your head.

Check out my fotki for some ideas or if you need to see what I am talking about. I us 3/4 wigs a lot. for a protective style. You can see what I do with the front also.

PM me if you have any questions.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I thought you meant a bun bun! I'll try this

I do a bun under mine :look: I moisturize, seal with castor oil and then bun, pinning the ends under with a hairpin. Cornrows probably would make my wig lay flatter, but I don't have the patience for it and I prefer being able to moisturize daily. I've tried a wig cap, but they slip off.

I agree with all of the above. I wear one everyday since July and will until Xmas and my hair is doing well. I moisturize with NTM and seal with EVOO. I put a low ponytail in a a baggy filled with EVOO and I secure it with a no slip ponytail holder. HTH

Back