The BEST wig/half-wig in creation is...

LadyPaniolo

For me, it's Outre Tammy! I wear this half wig constantly and people really think it's my hair.

What do you think the best wig or half-wig is? Oh yeah, don't forget :Flahsssss We want pics!

Attachments

• DSCN4104.jpg
    DSCN4104.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 787

NJoy

Here I grow again!
The one I'm wearing in my profile pic. Motown Tress LG-61. I LOVE this wig!

FearfullyMade

New born free Freya, it's an everyday/anywhere type of wig, and it's only $20.99 from Hair Wig Harlem. Muffinismylovers from Youtube did a review on it, I bought it and I really like it:)

D.Lisha

This thread is truly a "God-Send".
Would it be too much to ask if you all shared the links form which you got your wig-creations? I'm on the hunt for some cute half-wigs so I can spice up my hair for the summer :lick:

nakialovesshoes

For me, it's Outre Tammy! I wear this half wig constantly and people really think it's my hair.

What do you think the best wig or half-wig is? Oh yeah, don't forget :Flahsssss We want pics!
It's like you're reading my mind. I've been doing 1/2 wig research all weekend long. I just watched Muffin's review on the Tammy. It's on my "to buy" list.

The one I'm wearing in my profile pic. Motown Tress LG-61. I LOVE this wig!

Wow even though you had already shared this wig's name with me, I didn't realize this was it in your profile pic. It looks VERY natural on you.

Anew

People think Tammy is all me too. My male coworker has said several times how nice, long and lovely my hair is.

I just don't have the heart to tell him its not mine lol

This was my favorite as a relaxed head, I think its by Motowntress. Its in my album

NJoy

Here I grow again!
That's a wig NJOY?! Sure had me fooled all of these months! **Runs to google**

Girl, yes! You can't tell me a thang when I'm wearing this mama. I have a bigger pic of me wearing it in my year end thread. And none of my hair is out for blending. I'm in 4 or 6 plaits that I tucked under the wig. I let my part from the front plaits show and pull the wig hair forward a bit. Can't tell. I LOVE THIS WIG!!!!

This thread is truly a "God-Send".
Would it be too much to ask if you all shared the links form which you got your wig-creations? I'm on the hunt for some cute half-wigs so I can spice up my hair for the summer :lick:

Here's Motown Tress LG-61

reeko43

New born free Freya, it's an everyday/anywhere type of wig, and it's only $20.99 from Hair Wig Harlem. Muffinismylovers from Youtube did a review on it, I bought it and I really like it:)

Thanks so much. Peeped it on Youtube and ordered it today!

Last edited:

Tiye

Girl, yes! You can't tell me a thang when I'm wearing this mama. I have a bigger pic of me wearing it in my year end thread. And none of my hair is out for blending. I'm in 4 or 6 plaits that I tucked under the wig. I let my part from the front plaits show and pull the wig hair forward a bit. Can't tell. I LOVE THIS WIG!!!!

Here's Motown Tress LG-61

I'll have to try that technique. My hair doesn't exactly blend with most hair anyway.

I own a Tammy - she's pretty. Haven't worn her outside yet though. My fave wigs/half wigs are homemade by me. For some reason I'm perfectly comfortable right away if I made the wig but I don't have that same comfort level with the pre-made ones.

ZeeontheGrow

Ive been looking for a half wig that fits me and I think I've finally found one. This is only my "weekend hair" as it's too wild for the work place. Her name is Miko by Vanessa. ( I think ) I got her at my local bss

((pls pardon the appearance.. Had my reading glasses on))

andromeda

Outre Polly and Bobbi Boss (?) Otto. Modu Anytime Jessie (hw) was also one of my faves that I got a lot of compliments on in terms of blending (even though my hair isn't the same texture, the curl pattern was easy to mimic with a set).

I've heard nothing but good things about Tammy and was just watching a Glamazini vid where she was rocking it. I tend to prefer kinky/very curly wigs but I'm seriously thinking about giving Tammy a try. :yep:

LadyPaniolo

Very cute! By the way, how's your real hair? Any shedding after you had the baby?
You look great!

My real hair is getting neglected something fierce as I have been busy. It's just been in cornrows, under my wig... oh wait! That's my normal reggie :lachen:
I still do my DCs and I need to do another protein treatment soon.

No shedding, I never did get post partem shedding.

D.Lisha

People think Tammy is all me too. My male coworker has said several times how nice, long and lovely my hair is.

I just don't have the heart to tell him its not mine lol

This was my favorite as a relaxed head, I think its by Motowntress. Its in my album

LOVES it!!
If I didn't know you i'd think it was all yours myself :yup:
Where did you get these? If I may ask

naturalTAN

My absolute favorite is the HZ 7009 by Sensationnel. It's hard to find a cute, kinky, curly half-wig that's not too big or too small. I pick the corkscrews apart curl-by-curl, which takes about a half-hour, and it's good to go for months and looks just like my wash-n-go only longer.

nakialovesshoes

^^DLisha, so far, I've been finding these same wigs on: www.hairsisters.com
www.apexhairs.com
www.amazon.com (you can search by the model & make)
www.ebonyline.com
www.goldenmartbeautysupply.com
Just to name a few. HTH...

glamazon386

My favorite was Outre Ivy from the Indian Human Hair Line. It looked just like my hair but now it's discontinued. :cry3: I wanted to buy a new one a few weeks ago and I can't find it anywhere in a 1b. Not even online. I'm still mad about that.

Last edited:

nubiennze

I like Model Model Tropical Spice:

and, to a lesser extent, Freetress Creta Girl:

(As usual, the pictures from the packaging don't do them justice; unfortunately I don't have any pics of the wigs on me since I've been avoiding the camera like the plague lately. Sorry!)

Tropical Spice is my all-time favorite. It's my every day hair, and most folks at work (not to mention strangers elsewhere) compliment me regularly and assume it's mine. It has the thinnest band and the most realistic feeling hair (at least when it's new) of any HW I've tried. It blends seamlessly and effortlessly without having to do a whole lot of manipulation (e.g. cutting, combing/brushing, etc.) to it or my leave out.

Creta Girl is my "weekend hair," lol. She's long and has that dreaded pyramid effect--flat on top and huge on the bottom. Styling is almost necessitated, which is fine when I'm in the mood for it. Styling is easier because the hair is softer/more pliable, but it also tangles--irreparably--more for this very reason. The band is also too thick to wear without a headband of some sort, which I'm not a huge fan of, but she's still an okay wig. I might try wearing her upside down (like I did Evony) to see if I like her more. The texture is almost spot on right out of the bag (unlike Tropical Spice, which has to "spread" a bit before she really starts looking natural), and I think fine-haired ladies would really like her provided they don't mind doing a little tweaking to the shape.

Of the wigs mentioned, Evony was actually my least favorite. I found the hair to be plasticky-feeling and the construction stiff and cheap. The band was crazy thick--no hope of wearing without a headband. I haven't really been a fan of any Outre wig I've tried, though.

Anew

LOVES it!!
If I didn't know you i'd think it was all yours myself :yup:
Where did you get these? If I may ask
Thanks! I got the tammy from hair sisters :ohwell: <---- that face b/c they have horrible service; and the wig on the bottom from a local bss

fitnessmommy

Just thought I'd share that I went and bought Tammy today. =) I love and adore her. She is the first wig I am considering actually wearing to work... I am kind of nervous about that, but I think I will try it out tomorrow!