WEN Mango/Coconut Review

Coffee

Ahhhh! I've been sooooo good at not trying Wen. I seem to try just about EVERYTHING that's raved about on this site, but I haven't tried this yet. However, my hair LOVES mango and coconut!

I have a question for you Wen girls. Chaz's website has a special kit that includes a cleansing conditioner, re-moist masque, styling cream, texture, and a wide tooth comb for $30. However, its only available in Sweet Almond Mint. My hair is natural, kinky, and fine. Should I get the kit and then order the Mango Coconut when the show comes on (the 8th), or forgo the kit altogether and just get the Mango Coconut and Fig cleansing creams on the 8th?

I hope that was clear. Basically, I'm worried that the SAM is not the best formula for our hair. Are the extras worth it?

The Sweet Almond works well on our hair. I used it for awhile and was very pleased how it left my hair moisturized. It's hard to say which one you should buy. The 8th isn't that far away; you may want to just wait and get the MC and Fig, both of which are FANTASTIC!! You can always return those if you're not happy with them.

cutenss

Now I can't wait to try the Mango Coconut :lick: I still have the Vanilla Mint waiting for my USING pleasure :giggle: HUH Wen has turned me OUT!

I loved the Vanilla Mint. I wish that was still available. I wonder if I should order on MC, or just stick with the gallons?

KinkyGenius

Do any of you still use shampoo or does this product (specifically the 613 one) cleanse well enough? I have extremely thick natural hair

Coffee

I loved the Vanilla Mint. I wish that was still available. I wonder if I should order on MC, or just stick with the gallons?

If you can handle the MC not being available in a gallon, once you try it; I would give it a try :lachen:.

Ronnieaj

Do any of you still use shampoo or does this product (specifically the 613 one) cleanse well enough? I have extremely thick natural hair

I agree with Coffee. I still use a poo bar or some other shampoo every 6 weeks, and do a tea rinse followed by Wen in the interim. I have medium/thick density, coarse, natural 4a hair.

Tomorrow will be my first day trying the MC. I'm so excited :grin:!

GreenEyedJen

Well, you guys got me. I ordered some. FYI, I called QVC to ask about any special values on the Friday show for the Mango Coconut and there won't be any. The rep said the show will be focused on the gallons and two of the sets, I think the Lavender set and the Fig set.

Lord, please don't let me love this stuff.

Philippians413

Well, you guys got me. I ordered some. FYI, I called QVC to ask about any special values on the Friday show for the Mango Coconut and there won't be any. The rep said the show will be focused on the gallons and two of the sets, I think the Lavender set and the Fig set.

Lord, please don't let me love this stuff.

Good luck with that. We see how that turned out for me lol.

Keen

@ajw827 if you want moisture. FIG has got NOTHING on 613. I'd pay $100 easy for the 613 with my eyes closed. Coffee told me my toes would curl it doesn't have a 4.75 rating for nothing. My pinky toe even curled :giggle: :grin:

The masque is good, the Oils is great but they discontinued the real oil that I like. I haven't used his new oils.

JJamiah Coffee I assumed the 613 has more protein because it suppose to repair severely damage hair. Is that not so? I still want to try it but it is so expensive.

JJamiah

JJamiah Coffee I assumed the 613 has more protein because it suppose to repair severely damage hair. Is that not so? I still want to try it but it is so expensive.
Keen
http://chazdean.com/p-165-sixthirteen-32-oz.aspx

On the retard computer so I can't cut or paste. :perplexed

It has 2 but it isn't strengthening to me. I get a large moisture dose with it. Matter fact. I am doing a Nexxus Emergencee or Dudleys DRC 28 to help with keeping the balance.

Ronnieaj

Keen, the 613 has amino acids in it. I have natural 4a hair and it is by far my favorite. Also, you have to keep in mind that it's more expensive than the regular Wen, but it's also a 32oz size, whereas the regular ones are 16oz. So if the 32oz 613 on QVC is $61.00 and the 16oz Mango Coconut is $29 (which I checked right before I wrote this), the 613 ends up only being $3 more than the regular.

Coffee

Question #1 So what makes the 613 so special aside from smell because that price is making me itch?

Nourishment in numbers. Powered with a blend of eleven amino acids, this daily cleansing treatment revitalizes all types of hair--including damaged locks--by helping to add strength and elasticity.

Coffee

ajw827, Question #1 So what makes the 613 so special aside from smell because that price is making me itch?

Nourishment in numbers. Powered with a blend of eleven amino acids, this daily cleansing treatment revitalizes all types of hair--including damaged locks--by helping to add strength and elasticity.

Last edited:

JudithO

Ahhh... Which of the nice moisturizing ones have a mild scent... I'm pregnant... I can't do anything really fragrant.... Will be nice to use just one product every week...

Coffee

Ahhh... Which of the nice moisturizing ones have a mild scent... I'm pregnant... I can't do anything really fragrant.... Will be nice to use just one product every week...

Fig & Sweet Almond have mild scents to me.....but you everyone is different. You may have to get the 6oz bottles and see which one you prefer.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Cucumber Aloe has the mildest but unless you like the smell of cucumber....

Ronnieaj

Iluvsmuhgrass, the Mango Coconut is the standard $29, but each additional one is $3 off, as of 9am EST.

Okay, I'm going to be honest. My hair did NOT like the Mango Coconut :nono:. I will use it again, to be sure, but I did the EXACT same routine with it and the Gardenia Green Tea one, and had two totally different results.

I use Wen as a cowash after an ayurvedic tea or mask, which is what I did last night. Left mask in for hour, rinsed super thoroughly, parted hair in four sections, applied 4 pumps to each section, massaged vigorously, combed through, and pinned up while I finished each section. When I was done with all 4 sections, I went back to the first one, rinsed it, applied 2 pumps, and left in until done showering. I have all 4 of the seasonal fragrances, and this was the only one that left my hair tangled and hard to get through. When I finished steaming for 45 minutes, I was able to detangle just fine, but I was disappointed.

That said, I LOVE the scent and will find some way to incorporate it. I'll try it again to see if this time was just a fluke, but my initial impression was not happy.

freecurl

Ronnieaj

I was just ready to purchase three :look:, but before I submitted, I came back in this thread and read your review.
I'm so torn. I'm expecting a shipment mid July with my other auto delivery items. So if I really like it and want to order more, it would be sold out by then. The good news is that I was able to change my pom to fig in a previous order, so I can finally try it.:lick:

Philippians413

I'm sorry that it didn't work for you. I'm actually deciding on whether I should buy 2 more bottles or just one more.

Ronnieaj

freecurl, don't let me dissuade you from buying a few! I'm sure that the ladies here will be more than happy to take any off your hands if you don't care for it :yep:.

I really don't know what it was, the ingredients look delicious, but my hair wasn't having it. I don't post often about Wen, but I have the 4 seasonals, 613, fig and pomegranate, so I'm fairly accustomed to how my hair should feel when using it, and this was just nothing like it. I may try mixing it with another scent and see if it works better for me that way.

freecurl

Ronnieaj Thanks for your reply, I think I will purchase it. The idea of coconut and mango intrigues me. Please keep us posted when you retry.

JJamiah

Iluvsmuhgrass, the Mango Coconut is the standard $29, but each additional one is $3 off, as of 9am EST.

Okay, I'm going to be honest. My hair did NOT like the Mango Coconut :nono:. I will use it again, to be sure, but I did the EXACT same routine with it and the Gardenia Green Tea one, and had two totally different results.

I use Wen as a cowash after an ayurvedic tea or mask, which is what I did last night. Left mask in for hour, rinsed super thoroughly, parted hair in four sections, applied 4 pumps to each section, massaged vigorously, combed through, and pinned up while I finished each section. When I was done with all 4 sections, I went back to the first one, rinsed it, applied 2 pumps, and left in until done showering. I have all 4 of the seasonal fragrances, and this was the only one that left my hair tangled and hard to get through. When I finished steaming for 45 minutes, I was able to detangle just fine, but I was disappointed.

That said, I LOVE the scent and will find some way to incorporate it. I'll try it again to see if this time was just a fluke, but my initial impression was not happy.

If you totally do not like it, as I didn't care for the Ginger Pumpkin either, mix it with the fig or 613. It definitely works better then alone like that. I just would never order the GP again.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Perhaps the ingredients for this formula don't compliment or perform well together. Try using the MC by itself, straight, no chaser. Personally I always use my Wen products by themselves. I'm a purist like that with most of my hair products. They should perform well on their own.